- Dec 25, 2015
- Reaction score
My buddy and I agreed we were done with tranny work but he wanted to do another one! I started on it today, a 4l60, and while it started out ok about halfway through it I had problems. I couldn't get the third accumulator check valve out of the case and had to end up cutting, prying, punching, drilling, and chiseling it out. With copious cussing. Then I cut one of the input shaft seals and had to make one. No place around here to get any. So after about 5 hours in the heat, I said enough! I'll finish it tomorrow. The plug for the check valve in the case fit and the homemade ring sealed off so all is good so far. All I gotta do is put the guts in the case and shift kit the valve body. Don't look like I can get out of this work though. But it's nice getting 500 bucks for ten hours work.