I don't see how the GOP wins FL

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Trump is right on illegal immigration, but his method is turning off Latinos, a very large segment of the FL population. The Cuban swing vote has been trending liberal as the younger Cuban population doesn't see the struggle like their parents and the opening relations to Cuba will help that shift. Jewish swing vote isn't going to go red anytime soon. And again the Latino population increased a bunch in the last 10 years.

The only candidate who has a chance is Rubio, but he doesn't seem like he will be there in the end.

All the Dems need is FL for victory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trump must massage the Latino vote.

If he does not, the GOP loses.

Trump will do just fine in Florida.

Most of the hispanics live in the southern part of the state.

Whereas, the rest of the state, especially the panhandle, is solid conservative Republican territory. ...... :cool:

Trump must massage the Latino vote.

If he does not, the GOP loses.

"massage"???

depositphotos_33438177-Masseuse-treating-clients-neck-in-massage-chair.jpg

Trump is right on illegal immigration, but his method is turning off Latinos, a very large segment of the FL population. The Cuban swing vote has been trending liberal as the younger Cuban population doesn't see the struggle like their parents and the opening relations to Cuba will help that shift. Jewish swing vote isn't going to go red anytime soon. And again the Latino population increased a bunch in the last 10 years.

The only candidate who has a chance is Rubio, but he doesn't seem like he will be there in the end.

Yup.

That's unfair. I am returned from the gym, and I need a rub down.

Last edited:

Whereas, the rest of the state, especially the panhandle, is solid conservative Republican territory. ...... :cool:
Bush (without going on a tangent he lost the popular vote to Gore) barely won the state, Obama took FL twice. Since Bush won the Hispanic population has exploded in FL. Even if Trump loses. The damage could be done. If the Hispanics vote like blacks and Jews, then kiss FL goodbye.

I understand Trump plans to end the special immigration status that Cubans enjoy, namely that if they make it here they can become citizens without waiting in line.

That's gonna be so awesome :)

The liberal's in Florida have a severe case of Obama/Democrat fatigue.

Cuban's are conservative and don't like illegal immigration.

And most of the non-Cuban hispanics are illegals so they can't vote.

The rest of Florida is solid conservative.

Thus a solid Republican victory is in store for Florida regardless of which candidate gets the party's nomination. ......:cool:

Counting Bush or Rubio out is very premature, but even if the nominee is someone else with a realistic shot--Florida is inherently purple. I agree the Cuban vote has moderated over the years, but was the "Jewish swing vote" ever really swing?

Since the nominee won't be Trump, no one who isn't in the blue column already is going to hold Trump against the Republican nominee.

If that nominee adopts Trump's stance to win the nomination, that will not be the case. As is, the GOP is losing points as those Americans who have latin roots look at the numbers Trump has garnered among the GOP.

LOL, Florida in 2014 was only 56.6% white,,,while hispanics made up 23.3% of the state! Considering a large minority of these whites are going to vote democrat and are more then likely old people not wanting their ssi taken away...Well, Solid conservative is kind of misleading!

Florida is nearly 1% more hispanic then it was 4 years ago.
Want from 58.1% white in 2010 to 56.6% today!
15.5% black up from 15.3% in 2010. This is a group that votes over 90% democrat.
Asians 2.4% in 2010 to 2.6% in 2014. Another 73% democrat group!

Bush hardly won it in 2000 and McCain and Romney lost it out right....Lost it when the demographics where more in their favor.

Forum List

Back