i broke his wee trust......

I currently have only six. I have been able to satisfy my drive to "save" disadvantaged cats lately by contributing goat milk to the local cat rescue groups. Lady came by this afternoon and took away all six gallons of today's production. I have had cats almost all my life and cannot imagine life without at least two.

ok...question.

What does the rescue do with the goat milk?

They bottle feed orphaned kittens and the nursing queens get goat milk for the extra nutrition. Goat's milk is probably the best substitute for many types of mammals, better than cow's milk in many ways. My veterinarian sometimes asks me for goat milk when he has another client that needs to feed an orphan animal. Even lactose intolerant people can drink goat milk. At any rate, the cats seem to thrive on it. I have a cat I rescued at 2 weeks and bottle fed with goat's milk. He's almost a year old now and an absolute darling powerhouse. We named him Sherman, as in Tecumseh Sherman. He's capable of leaving a swath of destruction that impressive...

ok... that was the answer to my question..... who was getting the goat milk. The kittens or the mommas.

I will make the suggestion though of using goat as an alternate to the powder kitten milk we use.

:thup:

my cats are friendly and yoda is very affectionate....i just cant see spending money on a cat when there are thousands out there dying from no homes....

my cats are friendly and yoda is very affectionate....i just cant see spending money on a cat when there are thousands out there dying from no homes....

A modest adoption fee isn't out-of-line, but up here you can expect a home inspection, the third degree questionnaire, and to pay something like $125 to adopt from the municipal shelter. There's a no kill shelter in town (ASPCA?) where I used to volunteer when I lived in town. You are right, there are so many needy animals. Heck, I just recently took on three rescue goats whose owner had broken himself badly in an accident and he couldn't take care of them anymore.

Forum List

Back