I accidentally saw NBC News tonight with Lester Bates...

Donald Trump says small donations totaled $100 million in October.
Donald J. Trump raised $100 million in small donations in October, his campaign announced on Thursday. But Mr. Trump’s announcement — made in a news release sent to reporters late in the afternoon — contained few other details, and his figures cannot be independently verified until after Election Day, when the winning and losing campaigns file their next financial disclosures with the Federal Election Commission.

Mr. Trump’s tally appeared to include money raised into party accounts he jointly controls, but did not specify what threshold he used for “small” donations, and a spokeswoman did not immediately reply to a request for clarification. The release did not specify whether the total represented any money that was raised earlier in the year but was only recently transferred into his campaign accounts.

Continue reading the main story

If The media and the dishonest press would scrutinize evenly this nation would be better off and not so devided. Trump is raiseing money big time

ADVERTISEMENT

Last edited:
No, that's what happens when the media began referring to itself as the "fourth estate". Now, can you tell us what that means..... Cue Jeopardy music.
Nowadays, they're the fifth column.

Which is a direct result of what them calling themselves the fourth estate is all about. I'm still waiting for the pogo to answer.

Well that's what happens when ya deregulate the FCC (Bill Clinton) and your media machinery gets gobbled up by 6 major multinational corporations who now preside over ~90% of what americans see, hear, and read.

No, that's what happens when the media began referring to itself as the "fourth estate". Now, can you tell us what that means..... Cue Jeopardy music.

Edmund Burke --- 1787. Who btw was not "the media".

What'd I win? Another food dehydrator?

What does it refer to. In other words what does it mean when they refer to themselves as the fourth estate.

You're referring to the "Estates of the Realm", there being three, those being the Clergy, the Nobility and the Commoners, First, Second and Third respectively.

We know what they mean; I'm disputing who came up with the idea of calling the press the "Fourth Estate". Edmund Burke was a British MP. You had the press making it up themselves.

And that was waaaaaay before TelComm 96 to which Fenton Lum referred in post 4, and he's right about that. It was the nadir of the Clinton years.

Where did I say they coined the term? I specifically say "referring to itself as the "fourth estate".

Where?
Why, right here:

the media began referring to itself as the "fourth estate".

As I already essplained to you ---- "the media" didn't "begin" that. Edmund Burke did.

Now, for the thinking challenged. What does it mean when they refer to themselves as the "fourth estate"?

Oboy! New question!

Who knows? Got an example?

What does it refer to. In other words what does it mean when they refer to themselves as the fourth estate.

You're referring to the "Estates of the Realm", there being three, those being the Clergy, the Nobility and the Commoners, First, Second and Third respectively.

We know what they mean; I'm disputing who came up with the idea of calling the press the "Fourth Estate". Edmund Burke was a British MP. You had the press making it up themselves.

And that was waaaaaay before TelComm 96 to which Fenton Lum referred in post 4, and he's right about that. It was the nadir of the Clinton years.

Where did I say they coined the term? I specifically say "referring to itself as the "fourth estate".

Where?
Why, right here:

As I already essplained to you ---- "the media" didn't "begin" that. Edmund Burke did.

Now, for the thinking challenged. What does it mean when they refer to themselves as the "fourth estate"?

Oboy! New question!

Shit you dodge the question. Began referring to itself does not imply creation, silly person. It merely refers to a time period. That's it. Now, for the umpteenth time why do they call themselves that?

Where?
Why, right here:

Oboy! New question!

Shit you dodge the question. Began referring to itself does not imply creation, silly person. It merely refers to a time period. That's it. Now, for the umpteenth time why do they call themselves that?

Oh yes it does new-to-English. Look up the word "began". That doesn't tell me a time period; it tells me of an act of initiation. We don't know from that WHEN they did it, in this mysterious instance you can't cite --- we are only told they took it upon themselves, collectively of course) to "begin doing" it. "From this day forth we the assembled will refer to ourselves as the 'Fourth Estate'". Where is that statement anyway?

Now for the umpteen-and-first time --- where's your example? I don't do strawmen. I just don't swing that way.

Forum List

Back