Hurricane Matthew Report

It is a very terrible storm. I believe it's going the same place Super Storm Sandy went - Massachusetts, NY, NJ, upper northeast coast - it may miss Fla but I do not believe this storm is going out to sea as they had predicted it would (earlier). This is a video of the devastation thus far. Powerful storm.

I have to laugh when the northeast talks about "superstorm Sandy." What was super about it? It wasn't even a hurricane at landfall. In 2002 we actually had a cluster of storms form a tropical storm then Category 1 hurricane in hours. It then made landfall right on top of us. I went to work with a cluster of storms in the gulf totally disorganized. By the end of my 8 hour shift we had a Cat 1 hurricane in the gulf making landfall on top of my head.

Sandy wasn't super at all. They should try to face a Katrina, Rita, Andrew, Ike or even Camille before talking about a "superstorm". I was in every one of those storms except Camille. Every one of them had winds almost twice that of "super storm Sandy."

We in the south laugh when we hear people in the north talk about their "super storm." They have to call it "super storm" because tropical storm Sandy doesn't sound nearly as bad, which is what we would call that same storm. Shoot, we wouldn't even shut schools down for a tropical storm. The Cat 1 hurricane that formed in 2002 didn't shut schools down.
It was the storm surge that was devastating and Super Storm Sandy was a devastating storm.
Yes it was. I have to roll my eyes at peeps that have no clue.

State of emergency declared in Fla, S.C. and N.C. Funny thing about declaring a "state of emergency" when there is no emergency. It's a way for states to get stuff from the federal government, activate the military and force people to do things they don't have to do under ordinary circumstances. I'm not saying it's a bad thing but it's almost like a political cliche.

no hotel room closer than Pensacola. Where are the yankee fresh fish and their hurricane parties?

Forget the hurricane party, William. Those of you in Fl be safe and stay away from the coast. It is better to be inland if Hurricane Matthew does head in your direction. Be safe, you Floridians!

State of emergency declared in Fla, S.C. and N.C. Funny thing about declaring a "state of emergency" when there is no emergency. It's a way for states to get stuff from the federal government, activate the military and force people to do things they don't have to do under ordinary circumstances. I'm not saying it's a bad thing but it's almost like a political cliche.
Still it is better to be prepared. People in Fl have been known to dismiss Hurricanes because they have been through them before and think they can ride out the storm. Hurricane Andrew comes to mind.

Hurricane Matthew is hitting Cuba now.

Hurricane Matthew update: Storm smashes Cuba after hitting Haiti - CNN.com

(CNN)Hurricane Matthew's strong winds pounded Cuba on Tuesday night even as the powerful storm took its last lashes at Haiti, where it downed trees, drenched the ground with feet of rain and flooded streets.

The damage was especially brutal in southern Haiti, where sustained winds of 140 mph continued to punish the impoverished island nation even as the eye of the storm crossed eastern Cuba.
Heavy rain throughout the day caused Haitian waterways to swell.

It is a very terrible storm. I believe it's going the same place Super Storm Sandy went - Massachusetts, NY, NJ, upper northeast coast - it may miss Fla but I do not believe this storm is going out to sea as they had predicted it would (earlier). This is a video of the devastation thus far. Powerful storm.

I have to laugh when the northeast talks about "superstorm Sandy." What was super about it? It wasn't even a hurricane at landfall. In 2002 we actually had a cluster of storms form a tropical storm then Category 1 hurricane in hours. It then made landfall right on top of us. I went to work with a cluster of storms in the gulf totally disorganized. By the end of my 8 hour shift we had a Cat 1 hurricane in the gulf making landfall on top of my head.

Sandy wasn't super at all. They should try to face a Katrina, Rita, Andrew, Ike or even Camille before talking about a "superstorm". I was in every one of those storms except Camille. Every one of them had winds almost twice that of "super storm Sandy."

We in the south laugh when we hear people in the north talk about their "super storm." They have to call it "super storm" because tropical storm Sandy doesn't sound nearly as bad, which is what we would call that same storm. Shoot, we wouldn't even shut schools down for a tropical storm. The Cat 1 hurricane that formed in 2002 didn't shut schools down.
It was the storm surge that was devastating and Super Storm Sandy was a devastating storm.
Yes it was. I have to roll my eyes at peeps that have no clue.

That is better than rolling your eyes at a hurricane. They will wander where they WILL go. No one knows where the wheel stops. Baccarat anyone? :lol:

Sorry to hear this.

I hope it veers away from Florida.

So do I. Been watching it and it appears like it will brush the Florida coast. Of course these hurricanes can change course but the jet stream is pushing it away from Florida. Sure hope it doesn't hit us in Florida.

Yeah we hope so too. What part of Florida are you? I am in the treasure coast area.

Melbourne, Brevard County, and I sure hope the jet stream knocks that thing to the west. Who knows though. It just may go that way anyway.

agreed. I think it will just end up being a bunch of rain. I was in home depot yesterday and it was a madhouse lol

Really??? The closest Home Depot here is always slower than shit.

110400177-hurricane-cuba-bigwaves-NEWS-large_trans++G3fmTtWJKkP75d716Hpuvkr3L2wzonWX8dkFW9YUrbM.jpg

Surf and wind from Hurricane Matthew crash on the waterfront in Baracoa, CubaCREDIT: AP

110402200-Baracoa-windy-NEWS-large_trans++GO3nPzUHtl7QIt9kBJy--j1ncUTIYJ9-bADuoj2TcAY.jpg

A resident runs in as flooded street as Hurricane Matthew roars over Baracoa, CubaCREDIT: AP

110396204-epa-Baracoa-shore-NEWS-large_trans++U--UwZVBgar4rHZ06ywFMeKzzxq7_qh1jn9mXADAiwQ.jpg

Waves crash against the shore at Baracoa in Cuba as Hurricane Matthew hits the island CREDIT: EPA

110396239-epa-Baracoa-Cuba-NEWS-large_trans++ZgEkZX3M936N5BQK4Va8RQJ6Ra64K3tAxfZq0dvIBJw.jpg

Locals stand on a street during heavy rains in Baracoa as Hurricane Matthew hitsCREDIT: EPA

Someone tweeted this photo 3 hours ago - Hurricane Matthew nearing Cuba:
Ct9S-GiWEAAeA9J.jpg:large

Last edited:
They are now predicting that Florida will be hit by Hurricane Matthew.

Florida governor: Prepare for direct hit from Hurricane Matthew - CNN.com

(CNN)Gas lines in Florida. Traffic jams on South Carolina highways. Tourists in North Carolina told to pack.

Hurricane Matthew's outer bands weren't even close to the United States on Tuesday, but the powerful storm's potential path was already causing headaches,triggering a hurricane warning for parts of Florida.
With the Category 4 hurricane expected to brush up to the US East Coast later this week after its deadly assault on the Caribbean, state officials warned residents and visitors to start preparing for some miserable times. Up to 1 million people could face evacuation in South Carolina.
Matthew is an "extremely dangerous" storm, Florida Gov. Rick Scott said, one that made landfall in western Haiti on Tuesday morning. It then headed over eastern Cuba with winds of 140 mph, according to the National Hurricane Center, before losing some of its force. The Bahamas are next.
The forecast is that Matthew will ride along the US coast from Florida through the North Carolina Outer Banks from Thursday evening through Saturday. It could make landfall at any point and all areas should be on guard.
But the hurricane center said long-range forecasting can be imprecise.
"When a hurricane is forecast to take a track roughly parallel to a coastline, as Matthew is forecast to do ... it becomes very difficult to estimate impacts this far in advance," the center said.
Here are how Southern states are preparing for potential effects as Matthew moves north:
_________
This is an extremely dangerous Hurricane - pray for the people in Florida - this is serious. People in Ga. S.C., N.C., are also being forewarned to get prepared.

Last edited:
This is a photograph of hurricane Matthew hitting Cuba last night. I have to believe the furniture in that photograph is wrought iron and that is why it wasn't blown away. It looks like the old wrought iron furniture. Given strong enough winds that furniture could become projectiles. People in Fl. need to bring in their lawn furniture, store away anything loose that is in the yard, and not take any chances.

161004-cuba-hurricane-1130p_5a83b732e2107e3c84065215ccc43f39.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

This is a photograph of Hurricane Matthew "approaching" the Bahamas. Look at the water. The storm surge is very dangerous and they were predicting up to 40 inches of rain. When the ground is already saturated there is no place for that water to go but up. Storm surges are deadly.

WTVJ_000000025810080_1200x675_778568259699.jpg

Last edited:
This is a picture taken when Hurricane Matthew was bearing down on Haiti.

haitimatthewpics.jpg

This prediction has Hurricane Matthew hitting Florida (even as far inland as Orlando) by Friday.
Matthew-1.png-zoomed-1.png

Just two days ago they predicted the Hurricane would miss Fla. Look at the photo below. The truth is these weather people missed it by more than a mile.
matthew1.jpg

Last edited:
We are on the coast of Georgia. Very worried about this storm. IF we have to evacuate we can go to my moms on the panhandle. Thank god we dont have to worry about a hotel

I'm in Melbourne, Florida and our Gov. had already declared an emergency.

Shelters will be open and of course those who protect and serve won't be with their families they will have to be available to help idiots who can't take care of themselves.

I've been through quite a few hurricanes and don't waste time thinking about something I have no control over.

We are on the coast of Georgia. Very worried about this storm. IF we have to evacuate we can go to my moms on the panhandle. Thank god we dont have to worry about a hotel
Alright, well my home is open to you too - we're further inland (Georgia) and have plenty of room. Just send me an email here and I'll send you our phone number so we can give you directions.

It wasn't a super storm. Maybe for you people, but we deal with storm surges all the time and we don't call them "super storms." Andrew came in with 140mph winds, Rita 135 Ike 125. We didn't talk about those storms combined as much as the northeast talked about their tropical storm.

Just because the northeast wasn't adequately prepared for the storm doesn't make the storm super, it makes the people stupid. Look at Florida, they're already preparing for Matthew. Good for them. They respect hurricanes, people in the northeast don't. People in the northeast stood there like a deer in the headlights with that thing coming straight at them. They had no idea what to do to prepare.

Maybe they will now.

Last edited:
I live in Orlando which is too far inland to worry too much. I'll bring my plants in and make sure that there is nothing in the yard that the wind can turn into a projectile.

I don't need to run to Publix, I have food stores, I keep water in jugs at all times and I have a lake in the back that I can boil water from if needed. And of course I have at least 500 rounds of ammo for each gun I own.

I never evacuate.

All I can say it's very fortunate that Clinton Crime INC is ready to help out Haiti like they've been doing already.
It's wonderful to see all those millions of dollars the 'pay-to-play' donors gave the (cough) 'Foundation' being used to such great effect.
Chelsea must be so proud to be doing such wonderful work in Haiti.

Apparently Black Lives don't Matter to Mother Nature. She always devastates Haiti and leaves the Dominican Republic relatively unscathed.

Forum List

Back