Hunter Biden

Hunter is the epitome of the ugly American abroad and the spoiled post war Boomer Generation brat that is made worse by being a child of privilege who is criminal himself.

For anyone in the world except a Democrat politician or a third world corrupt dictatorship, Hunter profiting from business deals where his father has the direct power Joe did over Ukraine and China, both of them would be in jail now
Not really. Not if you actually consider what is and isn't legal. Be dispassionate and consider this objectively.

Hunter isn't in government. He doesn't have to explain to anyone what jobs he takes or why he takes them. The law can't prevent him from engaging in a business arrangement with whomever he wants, just like any other individual.

The law can prevent government officials from using government power to benefit themselves or people close to them, but that didn't happen here.

I haven't taken you off ignore yet, but progressive hunter is making me see you.

You're a fucking moron. It is a DIRECT conflict of interest when your son is making business deals over a relationship YOU manage. That IS corruption right there. The son of any CEO or business executive would be fired and likely arrested for fraud, the son of any European politician would be arrested, you'd be dropping a load if it were a Republican.

Again, only a third world despot or a ... Democrat ... would get away with that
Agree it’s a direct conflict of interest, but someone pointed out that it isn’t illegal.

That someone was Trump.

The law exempts the president and Vice President from conflict of interest laws, which is not the most unreasonable exemption given these people are overseeing literally everything in government and their duties cannot be handed off to others as would happen with someone lower in government.

There is no law against it. Be objective.

Congress is not subjected to insider trading laws. Doesnt seem fair.

Yes, they are subject to insider trading laws. In fact, Chris Collins was convicted of it a few years ago.

Trump granted him a pardon.

For anyone in the world except a Democrat politician or a third world corrupt dictatorship, Hunter profiting from business deals where his father has the direct power Joe did over Ukraine and China, both of them would be in jail now
Not really. Not if you actually consider what is and isn't legal. Be dispassionate and consider this objectively.

Hunter isn't in government. He doesn't have to explain to anyone what jobs he takes or why he takes them. The law can't prevent him from engaging in a business arrangement with whomever he wants, just like any other individual.

The law can prevent government officials from using government power to benefit themselves or people close to them, but that didn't happen here.

I haven't taken you off ignore yet, but progressive hunter is making me see you.

You're a fucking moron. It is a DIRECT conflict of interest when your son is making business deals over a relationship YOU manage. That IS corruption right there. The son of any CEO or business executive would be fired and likely arrested for fraud, the son of any European politician would be arrested, you'd be dropping a load if it were a Republican.

Again, only a third world despot or a ... Democrat ... would get away with that
Agree it’s a direct conflict of interest, but someone pointed out that it isn’t illegal.

That someone was Trump.

The law exempts the president and Vice President from conflict of interest laws, which is not the most unreasonable exemption given these people are overseeing literally everything in government and their duties cannot be handed off to others as would happen with someone lower in government.

There is no law against it. Be objective.

Doesn't change that Joe is corrupt as hell and profited millions through his corruption.

As Democrats pointed out, this is what impeachment is for and congress can impeach the President or in this case the vice President for anything they want. There was no standard with Trump of "illegal." Mueller even said there was no evidence he was guilty and the Democrats impeached him anyway.

Now with Biden and actual corruption, suddenly it's fine because it's not against the law.

BTW, they did make insider trading illegal for congress. Remember how the Senators were investigated for insider trading after their initial Covid briefing. Though of course nothing happened even though several were clearly guilty

Yes, they are subject to insider trading laws. In fact, Chris Collins was convicted of it a few years ago.

Trump granted him a pardon.

No, they really are not....and not at all prior to 2012.

Of course they are, as I demonstrated by showing you a conviction of someone who engaged in insider trading.

Insider trading is actually pretty hard to prove in any context. Your example about the 2020 insider trading scandal is tough to prove in a court, given that COVID was hardly a secret at that time. Nancy Pelosi buying Tesla would be similarly tough to prove given the Biden administration's pledges to support EVs was very public throughout the campaign. It's easy to show that these purchases could be based on public information.

Chris Collins, on the other hand, was given information from the CEO of a pharmaceutical company that their drug had failed and Collins told his family members to sell the stock immediately before that information became public. Furthermore, all of this could be proven in court. It's about as prototypical insider trading as it gets.

Of course they are, as I demonstrated by showing you a conviction of someone who engaged in insider trading.

Insider trading is actually pretty hard to prove in any context. Your example about the 2020 insider trading scandal is tough to prove in a court, given that COVID was hardly a secret at that time. Nancy Pelosi buying Tesla would be similarly tough to prove given the Biden administration's pledges to support EVs was very public throughout the campaign. It's easy to show that these purchases could be based on public information.

Chris Collins, on the other hand, was given information from the CEO of a pharmaceutical company that their drug had failed and Collins told his family members to sell the stock immediately before that information became public. Furthermore, all of this could be proven in court. It's about as prototypical insider trading as it gets.

If you think they are punished nearlyas often as they take advantage of insider information, you sre fucking dreaming

Pelosi’s husband? Fucking please.

If you think they are punished nearlyas often as they take advantage of insider information, you sre fucking dreaming

Pelosi’s husband? Fucking please.

I think they're punished nearly as often as a case can be proven in court.

Tell me what insider information Pelosi's husband used? It's not like Biden's stance on EVs was a secret only known to insiders.

Why do you defend a crack whore drunk as Hunter?

Why do you attack him relentlessly? No one has defended him, but the man has broken no laws, and committed no crimes. So why are you going after him? What can you possibly hope to gain?

The irony you say that and you're not an American, just our nosy neighbor, LOL
What does her nationality have to do with her contributions to these discussions? Nothing. It’s a cheap and low IQ distraction tactic to try and steer the discussion to that. Do better.

Try reading my post again, you whiffed the first time
That’s fine, I whiff all the time. You cool with her input then? If yes then we are good

Still doesn't address what I said
It exactly addresses what you said... What are you talking about?

Try reading what I said to her again. Did you read it? Can you read?

What did I ask her? What irony did I feel the question showed?

You don't know, do you?
I read it again. I acknowledged I whiffed and then I asked you if you’re cool with foreigners weighing in and you didn’t answer... are you?

Why do you attack him relentlessly? No one has defended him, but the man has broken no laws, and committed no crimes. So why are you going after him? What can you possibly hope to gain?

What does her nationality have to do with her contributions to these discussions? Nothing. It’s a cheap and low IQ distraction tactic to try and steer the discussion to that. Do better.

That’s fine, I whiff all the time. You cool with her input then? If yes then we are good

You don't know, do you?
I read it again. I acknowledged I whiffed and then I asked you if you’re cool with foreigners weighing in and you didn’t answer... are you?

I find it odd how leftists are actually unable to read anything you disagree with. Can't to it. It's fascinating.

Here's your dilemma. If you want me to respond to your response, you have to respond to what I said. Or don't pretend your non-response is in response to what I said and start a new subject. Those are your choices. Since you can't read anything you disagree with, I'll point out there is no question mark in that sentence

You don't know, do you?

I find it odd how leftists are actually unable to read anything you disagree with. Can't to it. It's fascinating.

Here's your dilemma. If you want me to respond to your response, you have to respond to what I said. Or don't pretend your non-response is in response to what I said and start a new subject. Those are your choices. Since you can't read anything you disagree with, I'll point out there is no question mark in that sentence
I responded to what you said twice. I said i whiffed twice. What more is there to say? I‘ve asked you a question related to my whiff twice now and you’ve dodged it. What’s going on?

You don't know, do you?

I responded to what you said twice. I said i whiffed twice. What more is there to say? I‘ve asked you a question related to my whiff twice now and you’ve dodged it. What’s going on?

OMG you're stupid. Responding doesn't mean quoting me then saying words, it means responding to what I said. You've never remotely acknowledged what I actually said much less addressed it.

Showing again ... you literally can't read anything you disagreed with

You don't know, do you?

OMG you're stupid. Responding doesn't mean quoting me then saying words, it means responding to what I said. You've never remotely acknowledged what I actually said much less addressed it.

You said her comments were ironic because she refers to herself not as an American but as a nosey neighbor. I asked what her nationality has to do with it. You said I whiffed and misread your comment. I agreed I whiffed THREE times now. And asked THREE times now if you’re cool with foreigners weighing in on American politics. Youve dodged THREE times now. So how about you stop trying to rag on me for not reading correctly and take your own advice.

You don't know, do you?

You said her comments were ironic because she refers to herself not as an American but as a nosey neighbor. I asked what her nationality has to do with it. You said I whiffed and misread your comment. I agreed I whiffed THREE times now. And asked THREE times now if you’re cool with foreigners weighing in on American politics. Youve dodged THREE times now. So how about you stop trying to rag on me for not reading correctly and take your own advice.

You're half way there. But what I said was actually not just that a Canadian would have no opinion at all on the United States as you claimed you "read." How'd you even get through government schools? What do words look like to you? Can you see letters in words you disagree with or are they just blurs to you?

You don't know, do you?

You're half way there. But what I said was actually not just that a Canadian would have no opinion at all on the United States as you claimed you "read." How'd you even get through government schools? What do words look like to you? Can you see letters in words you disagree with or are they just blurs to you?
What are you talking about?! You’re still avoiding my question to harp on a statement that I’ve repeatedly acknowledged I misread. What’s your problem?

Forum List

Back