Humans settled in North America 17,000 years EARLIER than previously believed

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Humans settled in North America 17,000 years EARLIER than previously believed: Bones of mammoth and her calf found at an ancient butchering site in New Mexico show they were killed by people 37,000 years ago
A three-foot-tall pile of mammoth bones was uncovered in New Mexico
They were found at an ancient butchering site set up by humans
Scientists extracted collagen from the bones in order to carbon date them
This allowed them to date the settlement to 36,250 to 38,900 years old

old bones.

Humans settled in North America 17,000 years EARLIER, study finds

Or......Humans have been doing BBQing for a really long time. ;)

Humans settled in North America 17,000 years EARLIER than previously believed: Bones of mammoth and her calf found at an ancient butchering site in New Mexico show they were killed by people 37,000 years ago
A three-foot-tall pile of mammoth bones was uncovered in New Mexico
They were found at an ancient butchering site set up by humans
Scientists extracted collagen from the bones in order to carbon date them
This allowed them to date the settlement to 36,250 to 38,900 years old

old bones.

Humans settled in North America 17,000 years EARLIER, study finds

Or......Humans have been doing BBQing for a really long time. ;)

There's so much evidence that Earth is more than 4000 years old.

A pile of mammoth bones assumed to be a ancient butchering site? More evidence that the word "assume" makes an "Ass" of "U" and "Me" among modern "scientists".

Mammoth bones in New Mexico.

Now that's what I call climate change.
And it directly benefited humans.

A pile of mammoth bones assumed to be a ancient butchering site? More evidence that the word "assume" makes an "Ass" of "U" and "Me" among modern "scientists".
From what I can gather they know what bones look like after having been worked on with stone tools.

If you look at the first pic on the right hand side you see a bone with a clean break caused by the weight of the ages pressing upon it.....Compare that with the obvious cleaving and smashing of many of the other bones.....Likely not only to harvest the meat but also to get at the marrow.

Bone marrow was a important and healthy ingredient in the making of pemmican-like foods and for other uses as simple as a broth.

Now I can't say about the whole carbon dating thing but those bones diffidently look worked-over to me. It's not like they had a meat saw to work with you know.

LOL......At any rate I bet the "processing" was something to see. ;)

They have also found mammoth bones in Arabia . Hand tools leave marks distinctive from ordinary bones.

Speaking of "climate change", I wonder how the scientific evidence of ice ages and the various cooling-off periods in recorded history are received by the green weenies? Hey, maybe they could find common cause with the 4000 year crowd. ;)

It would seem to me to be purely cyclic but I'm just a dumb-fuck with some common sense.

Perhaps the mammoth all came together to kill themselves ... like a suicide cult?
They likely butchered the cow where it fell and the calf must have been killed nearby but was small enough that it could be moved close by to be butchered.

That's not to say they could not have been cut into portable pieces and moved and the bones later discarded in a pile but I doubt it.....Unlike the dumb shits of today they moved to where the food was. ;)

Unlike the dumb shits of today they moved to where the food was.

I always move where the food is ...

McDonalds-Hast.jpg

Forum List

Back