Huge Advance In Education!

“In fourth grade, American students outperform most other countries in reading, math and science. Fourth-graders score in the 92nd percentile in science, the 58th percentile in math and the 70th percentile in reading, where they beat 26 of 35 countries, including Germany, France and Italy. But by the eighth grade, American students are only midrange in international comparisons. By the 12th grade Americans fall from the 92nd percentile in science to the 29th percentile. While American fourth-graders are bested only by South Korea and Japan in science, by 12th grade, the only countries the American students can beat are Lithuania, Cyprus and South Africa.” Coulter, ‘Godless’p151
I'm no fan of Coulter but even if everything you've quoted here is true, I see nothing in it pointing to any cause, certainly not 'liberal' schools.

You 'not seeing it' proves my point.

So PC can you provide a recommended reading list that you believe is good? I'll gladly read one or two.

So PC can you provide a recommended reading list that you believe is good? I'll gladly read one or two.

Really glad you asked.

To understand the contemporary American political landscape....

1. "Slouching Towards Gomorrah: Modern Liberalism and American Decline,"
by Robert H. Bork

2. "Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Change,"
by Jonah Goldberg

3. "American Betrayal: The Secret Assault on Our Nation's Character,"
by Diana West

They provide the context for the world you live in.

And, please do study the vast and scholarly documentation provided in each tome.

Having completed the above assignment, you will find that your experience.....and mine....here on the board will be greatly enhanced.

4. Extra Credit: This from a leftwinger:

414aX-0cJUL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

brothers and sisters: we need a large-scale public investment in favor of education and public universities. Historically the prosperity of the United States has relied in the twentieth century on the educational advance of the country over Europe and on a degree of equality in this field, and definitely not on the sacralisation of inequality and the unlimited accumulation of fortunes which Reagan wished to impose as an alternative model in the 1980s. The failure of this Reagan-style rupture is patent today with the growth of national income per capita being halved and an unprecedented rise in inequality.

my friends, i simply propose a return to the source of America’s model for development: a very wide diffusion of education.

brothers and sisters: we need a large-scale public investment in favor of education and public universities. Historically the prosperity of the United States has relied in the twentieth century on the educational advance of the country over Europe and on a degree of equality in this field, and definitely not on the sacralisation of inequality and the unlimited accumulation of fortunes which Reagan wished to impose as an alternative model in the 1980s. The failure of this Reagan-style rupture is patent today with the growth of national income per capita being halved and an unprecedented rise in inequality.

my friends, i simply propose a return to the source of America’s model for development: a very wide diffusion of education.

"we need a large-scale public investment in favor of education and public universities"

In a vast constellation of inane, absurd, and thoughtless comments.....this may be the leader of the pack.

"we need a large-scale public investment in favor of education and public universities"

In a vast constellation of inane, absurd, and thoughtless comments.....this may be the leader of the pack.
Its an honor!

Its an honor!

Wear it well!

"Parents Worried They'll Have To Raise Their Own Children As Government Schools Shut Down
March 12th, 2020
article-5753-1.jpg

U.S.—Parents across the nation have expressed their worry, fear, and shock at having to raise their own children now that government schools have temporarily shut down.

Those who send their children to public schools registered their displeasure at the government for not doing its main job of indoctrinating their children, even temporarily.

"Raise, educate, and parent my children?" said one exasperated mother as her teen sat at home, bored and with nothing to do. "But that's the government's job! What am I supposed to do? Teach them things? Instill them with my values? Train them up in the way that they should go?"

"Honestly, if this keeps up, I'm going to move to a different country where I can count on the government to parent my children. This is ridiculous."

Luckily, parents quickly discovered they could just do what they usually do when their kids get home from school and let them lock themselves in their rooms with unfettered access to the internet, a wonderful place where nothing bad ever happens."
Parents Worried They'll Have To Raise Their Own Children As Government Schools Shut Down
True story on that parenting thing with many of them complaining about having their children at home.
Truthfully I think its great!
Its beyond time for using the Internet as a tool for education instead of just a giant bitch online session for idiots and trolls. Teachers can be observed better by the parents who are paying their wages, etc...

Of course the results are not yet in. Are the students who are "learning" remotely learning anything?

They weren't learning before.....where's the risk?

The Dumbest Generation”

“To Mark Bauerlein, a professor of English at Emory University, the present is a good time to be young only if you don't mind a tendency toward empty-headedness. In "The Dumbest Generation," he argues that cultural and technological forces, far from opening up an exciting new world of learning and thinking, have conspired to create a level of public ignorance so high as to threaten our democracy.

If the new hours in front of the computer were subtracting from television time, there might be something encouraging to say about the increasingly interactive quality of youthful diversions. The facts, at least as Mr. Bauerlein marshals them, show otherwise: TV viewing is constant. The printed word has paid a price – from 1981 to 2003, the leisure reading of 15- to 17-year-olds fell to seven minutes a day from 18. But the real action has been in multitasking. By 2003, children were cramming an average of 8½ hours of media consumption a day into just 6½ hours – watching TV while surfing the Web, reading while listening to music, composing text messages while watching a movie.

This daily media binge isn't making students smarter. The National Assessment of Educational Progress has pegged 46% of 12th-graders below the "basic" level of proficiency in science, while only 2% are qualified as "advanced." Likewise in the political arena: Participatory Web sites may give young people a "voice," but their command of the facts is shaky. Forty-six percent of high-school seniors say it's " 'very important' to be an active and informed citizen," but only 26% are rated as proficient in civics. Between 1992 and 2005, the NAEP reported, 12th-grade reading skills dropped dramatically. (As for writing, Naomi Baron, in her recent book, "Always On: Language in an Online and Mobile World," cites the NAEP to note that "only 24% of twelfth-graders are 'capable of composing organized, coherent prose in clear language with correct spelling and grammar.' ") Conversation is affected, too. Mr. Bauerlein sums up part of the problem: "The verbal values of adulthood and adolescence clash, and to enter adult conditions, individuals must leave the verbal mores of high school behind. The screen blocks the ascent."

What frustrates Mr. Bauerlein is not these deficits themselves – it's the way a blind celebration of youth, and an ill-informed optimism about technology, have led the public to ignore them. "Over and over," he writes, "commentators stress the mental advance, the learning side over the fun and fantasy side." Steven Johnson, in his best-selling "Everything Bad Is Good for You," describes videogames as "a kind of cognitive workout." Jonathan Fanton of the MacArthur Foundation writes that children have created "communities the size of nations" where they explore "new techniques for personal expression." Such assessments, Mr. Bauerlein argues, are far too charitable.

Mr. Bauerlein contrasts such "evidence-lite enthusiasm" for digital technologies with a weightier learning tradition. He eulogizes New York's City College in the mid-20th century, a book-centered, debate-fostering place where a generation of intellectuals rejected the "sovereignty of youth" in favor of the concerted study of canonical texts and big ideas."

From Bookshelf- book review in the May 13, 2008 Wall Street Journal
You’re the dumbest generation

"You’re the dumbest generation"

We'll do this verrrrrrry slowly:

I'm one person, an individual.

Generation:
"all of the people born and living at about the same time, regarded collectively."
Google

Don't you wish you were home schooled?

Of course the results are not yet in. Are the students who are "learning" remotely learning anything?
I want to know why you people constantly bitch about liberals running schools, yet they are elected by state and local officials. The federal government doesn't impact your children unless they are poor or special needs. Isn't that your own damned fault?

"I want to know why you people constantly bitch about liberals running schools, yet they are elected by state and local officials."

Here's what you fail to understand:

1. The radicals of the sixties did not remain within the universities…They realized that the apocalypse never materialized. “…they were dropping off into environmentalism and consumerism and fatalism…I watched many of my old comrades apply to graduate school in universities they had failed to burn down, so they could get advanced degrees and spread the ideas that had been discredited in the streets under an academic cover.” Collier and Horowitz, “Destructive Generation: Second Thoughts About The Sixties,” p. 294-295.
  2. “The radicals were not likely to go into business or the conventional practice of the professions. They were part of the chattering class, talkers interested in policy, politics, culture. They went into politics, print and electronic journalism, church bureaucracies, foundation staffs, Hollywood careers, public interest organizations, anywhere attitudes and opinions could be influenced. And they are exerting influence.” Robert H. Bork, “Slouching Toward Gomorrah,” p. 51
  3. O'Sullivan's First Law: All organizations that are not actually right-wing will over time become left-wing. I cite as supporting evidence the ACLU, the Ford Foundation, and the Episcopal Church. The reason is, of course, that people who staff such bodies tend to be the sort who don't like private profit, business, making money, the current organization of society, and, by extension, the Western world. At which point Michels's Iron Law of Oligarchy takes over — and the rest follows. http://old.nationalreview.com/flashback/flashback-jos062603.asp
Get it now????

Liberals run these centers:
patc-300x215.jpg

When was the last time you were employed as a teacher? How would you know if you never worked in one?

Anyone not blind, deaf and dumb ....emphasis on 'dumb'....knows that Liberals own and operate the school system.

Wake the heck up.

No. Anyone blind, deaf and dumb believes the hype and will not listen to the people who actually work there and know the truth.

Wake the heck up and talk to a teacher.

"Teachers Urge Government To Reopen Schools Before Students Learn To Think For Themselves
March 31st, 2020
article-5871-1.jpg

U.S.—Teachers at government schools have raised their concerns that the recent closure of their institutions will have a damaging effect on students. In particular, the nation's educators are worried that the longer the schools are closed, the more likely it is that students will begin thinking for themselves, learn life skills away from the government school system, and realize how much more they learn at home.

"We must reopen as soon as possible -- before they regain their ability to have independent thoughts," said New York 4th-grade teacher Ms. Jenny Mudd. "This is an urgent crisis. We realize we have to do our part to prevent the spread of the virus, but we must also prevent the spread of unapproved ideas. There's a balance there."
"Reopen the schools before it is too late."
Sure enough, studies have already shown a strong correlation between everyone being homeschooled and a concerning spike in independent thought. Students who have been away from the government school system for even a week stop feeling depressed and anxious all the time and even show a shocking increase in the ability to form thoughts and ideas not approved by the government.
Teachers have further pointed out that parents aren't properly equipped to indoctrinate their children with government propaganda. "I went to school for eight years to be able to do this," said Portland kindergarten teacher Ms. Pinkerton. "Parents just don't have the experience of stuffing kids' heads full of a statist worldview seven hours a day like I do."

I have said that unless we wrest control of education back from the Democrat/Liberal government schools, as earlier Republicans pried their slaves away from them, the nation has no future.

But....I couldn't see any possible way to do this........

BUT......
"Coronavirus has parents looking at homeschooling

With the COVID-19 virus closing schools in China, South Korea, Italy, and the United States, parents are having to make a sudden and unexpected change in their children’s education. Most often, it means shifting education into the home.

This learning at home looks different in different places. In Hong Kong, the government ordered 800,000 students to take what the Wall Street Journal calls “a crash course in digital learning.”

In New York City, parents are already seeking out homeschooling resources that fit their children and their families in preparation for any school closings.

The freedom of parents to choose the kind of education that’s best for each child is something we’ve been advocating for more than 35 years.

Homeschool grads go to college, join the military, launch their own businesses, and start families. They serve in soup kitchens, run for office, fight fires, and give back to their communities in many other ways.

In fact, more than 1.7 million students are homeschooling in the U.S., according to the National Center for Education Statistics.If both parents are working, it is still possible to make homeschooling work through options such as alternating work schedules or one parent working from home. It takes creativity, commitment, and even saying, “No,” to some opportunities. But without the restriction of a traditional school-day schedule, families are able to carve out time together and even flex their homeschool schedule along with variable work schedules (such as healthcare providers or cross-country transport)."
Coronavirus has parents looking at homeschooling

1586014561502.png

"Mother who was jailed for homeschooling released
A mother sentenced to prison by Cuba's communist regime for educating her children at home has been released, according to the world's premier homeschooling advocate, the Home School Legal Defense Association.

Her husband, Ramon, remains in prison, however, on the same charge.

Donnelly said the couple "stood up to the communist regime of Cuba, not as counterrevolutionaries, but as parents concerned for the welfare of their children."

They were convicted in 2017 of homeschooling and sentenced last year to prison."

“Eric Holder: Banning Homeschooling Doesn’t Violate Fundamental Rights” https://caffeinatedthoughts.com/2013/02/eric-holder-banning-homeschooling-doesnt-violate-fundamental-rights/

If Liberals fear home schooling….it must be the right path for real Americans.

"New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio has announced public schools will be closed for the rest of the academic year due to the coronavirus. More mayors and governors will likely make similar announcements, if they have not already done so.

Rather than look upon this as a negative, I suspect some parents are enjoying new relationships with their children that full-time work and day care did not allow. This new bonding experience could lead some to continue the practice of educating their children at home once this crisis has passed and public schools reopen.

Some parents might find learning at home to be beneficial beyond additional bonding with their children. Concerns about what is taught in public schools - from sex education, to incomplete or even biased views of American history, as well as their failure to uphold moral and spiritual principles (and in some cases undermining them) have made home schooling attractive to growing numbers of parents.

According to National Home Education Research Institute (NHERI), "There are about 2.5 million home school students in grades K-12 in the United States...It appears that the home school population is continuing to grow (at an estimated 2 percent to 8 percent per annum over the past few years)."

Public School Teacher: 'Homeschooling Is Making Kids More Stupider'
April 13th, 2020
article-5934-1.jpg

BEAVERTOOTH, OR—In a viral video posted to social media earlier this week, Grant Elementary School teacher Ellen Binkowski warned her followers that homeschooling is making kids "more stupider."

"The children aren't learning how to read good, they're not learning how to do the plussing and minusing, and they ain't doin' them colors very good," she said in the video that went viral on Facebook and Twitter.
Binkowski's concerns have been echoed by other teachers across the country, who are worried that as kids stay home, their knowledge and abilities will deteriorate. Incensed teachers commented on her video, writing things like "Our students are loosing they're knowledge" and "For all intensive purposes all these kids are getting more and more dumber."
The teachers have begun an online petition calling for schools to reopen and a #PublicSchoolsAreBetterThenHomeschools hashtag.
"We need to do gooder for our childrens," Binkowski concluded."

I want to know why you people constantly bitch about liberals running schools, yet they are elected by state and local officials. The federal government doesn't impact your children unless they are poor or special needs. Isn't that your own damned fault?

"I want to know why you people constantly bitch about liberals running schools, yet they are elected by state and local officials."

1. The radicals of the sixties did not remain within the universities…They realized that the apocalypse never materialized. “…they were dropping off into environmentalism and consumerism and fatalism…I watched many of my old comrades apply to graduate school in universities they had failed to burn down, so they could get advanced degrees and spread the ideas that had been discredited in the streets under an academic cover.” Collier and Horowitz, “Destructive Generation: Second Thoughts About The Sixties,” p. 294-295.
  2. “The radicals were not likely to go into business or the conventional practice of the professions. They were part of the chattering class, talkers interested in policy, politics, culture. They went into politics, print and electronic journalism, church bureaucracies, foundation staffs, Hollywood careers, public interest organizations, anywhere attitudes and opinions could be influenced. And they are exerting influence.” Robert H. Bork, “Slouching Toward Gomorrah,” p. 51
  3. O'Sullivan's First Law: All organizations that are not actually right-wing will over time become left-wing. I cite as supporting evidence the ACLU, the Ford Foundation, and the Episcopal Church. The reason is, of course, that people who staff such bodies tend to be the sort who don't like private profit, business, making money, the current organization of society, and, by extension, the Western world. At which point Michels's Iron Law of Oligarchy takes over — and the rest follows. http://old.nationalreview.com/flashback/flashback-jos062603.asp
Get it now????

patc-300x215.jpg

When was the last time you were employed as a teacher? How would you know if you never worked in one?
I can talk to teachers and know they're clueless worse yet I can see their pathetic and disasterous results in what passes for someone with an education today.

Get it now????

patc-300x215.jpg

In other words, you have not been in school since they threw you out!
I can talk to teachers and know they're clueless worse yet I can see their pathetic and disasterous results in what passes for someone with an education today.

It
Geography and history are great, but they do little to pay the bills. 50 grand in America today isn't much of anything.
It sounds to me like you're one of those idiots and functional illiterates with a diploma.

And many of same move right on to Congress....

And here is the brain behind the Democrat grand Green New Deal, warning you not to stop ‘patroning’ Chinese restaurants.

“AOC Says Americans are not “patroning” Chinese restaurants because of their racism

Ocasio-Cortez, a major Sen. Bernie Sanders supporter, said in an Instagram live video that these restaurants “are feeling the pain of racism. Where people are literally not patroning Chinese restaurants, um, they’re not patroning Asian restaurants because of just straight-up racism around the coronavirus.” AOC Says Americans are not "patroning" Chinese restaurants because of their racism

Forum List

Back