Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs

The definition of marriage has changed drastically over the centuries.

Source?
In the early Bible days, some of the Godliest kings, such as David and Solomon, had multiple wives. So, ONE man and ONE woman hasn't always existed, even in the theocracy of Israel where God was recognized. Incest was allowed, as well, until after the Great Flood or so.

It is my understanding that David committed adultery with Bathsheba and had her husband killed to take him out of the way. Solomon married women from the surrounding nations after being admonished to not do so. This opened the door to idolatry and was the reason he was to marry only from the tribes of Israel. A lot of things existed in ancient Israel that were outside God's design. Adam and Eve before the fall is the original, undefiled design. I'll take my ques there.

Last edited:
In the early Bible days, some of the Godliest kings, such as David and Solomon, had multiple wives. So, ONE man and ONE woman hasn't always existed, even in the theocracy of Israel where God was recognized. Incest was allowed, as well, until after the Great Flood or so.

It is my understanding that David committed adultery with Bathsheba and had her husband killed to take him out of the way. Solomon married women from the surrounding nations after being admonished to not do so. This opened the door to idolatry and was the reason he was to marry only from the tribes of Israel. A lot of things existed in ancient Israel that were outside God's design. Adam and Eve before the fall is the original, defiled design. I'll take my ques there.
So, if you believe Creationism, you believe in incest. Obviously, Adam and Eve's children "married" each other or their mother. There were no other people around.

:eusa_eh:
Anyone care to point out how he's wrong instead of simply calling him names?

YOu are right...the NAMBLA comment is totally justified, ain't it?

Could you point out where he's wrong?

About Nambla? We don't need to do shit, he's the one that said Dems like Nambla it's his job to back it up not ours. Especially when he claims something that stupid. Any politician who utters a word of support of NAMBLA would commit instant political suicide.

As for huckabee

Drug use leads to addiction and has serious harmful effects. Marriage does not. Incest can lead to genetic defects and if we're talking about children isn't consensual, marriage is not.

Polyamory has all sorts of hypothetical legal complications (what happens when one wants a divorce and the other 2 don't for instance), that a marriage between 2 people doesn't.

Last edited:
Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs - More politics- msnbc.com

WASHINGTON - Mike Huckabee, a possible Republican presidential candidate in 2012, says the effort to allow gays and lesbians to marry is comparable to legalizing incest, polygamy and drug use.

Ummmm....whatever happened to that whole "big tent" idea the GOP under "street wise" leader Michael Steele, was going to try?

And I knew, just knew, that if VaYank posted something negative like this it was a distortion. Look through the article and sure enough. What he actually said was, where do you draw the line in accomodating people? If enough people want something currently immoral or illegal do we just say Oh, okay that's now not immoral or illegal?
While I've never been a fan of the Huckster this is typical distortion from the Left.

It is my understanding that David committed adultery with Bathsheba and had her husband killed to take him out of the way. Solomon married women from the surrounding nations after being admonished to not do so. This opened the door to idolatry and was the reason he was to marry only from the tribes of Israel. A lot of things existed in ancient Israel that were outside God's design. Adam and Eve before the fall is the original, undefiled design. I'll take my ques there.
So, if you believe Creationism, you believe in incest. Obviously, Adam and Eve's children "married" each other or their mother. There were no other people around.

The Bible is silent on the presence or absence of other people. No reason is given to believe Cain, Able or any other offspring of Adam and Eve married from within their family.

Last edited:
Anyone care to point out how he's wrong instead of simply calling him names?

Well I suppose if you think that incest, polygamy, gay marriage, and drug use are deviant acts on par with each other then Mike is right.

If not, then he's wrong.

Its not Huckabee that is either "right or wrong," but the activists in favor of changing the law:

Huckabee added that his goal isn't to tell others how to live, but that the burden of proving that a gay marriage can be successful rests with the activists in favor of changing the law.

"I don't have to prove that marriage is a man and a woman in a relationship for life," he said. "They have to prove that two men can have an equally definable relationship called marriage, and somehow that that can mean the same thing."

:doubt:

I don't see it happenin'.

Poor Huckabee, stupid as a box of rocks. Another one that thinks the dinosaurs walked with man on earth in the last 6,000 years. He and Palin can sell ignorance on Fox.
Remember when he lost 100 pounds and was running every day? He gained it all back.

If true, how does any of that make gay sex not perverted, unnatural and disgusting?

Maybe you should ask those members of the RNC who used your charitable donations to pay to watch those those perverted, unnatural and disgusting acts?:eusa_whistle:

WASHINGTON - Mike Huckabee, a possible Republican presidential candidate in 2012, says the effort to allow gays and lesbians to marry is comparable to legalizing incest, polygamy and drug use.

Ummmm....whatever happened to that whole "big tent" idea the GOP under "street wise" leader Michael Steele, was going to try?

And I knew, just knew, that if VaYank posted something negative like this it was a distortion. Look through the article and sure enough. What he actually said was, where do you draw the line in accomodating people? If enough people want something currently immoral or illegal do we just say Oh, okay that's now not immoral or illegal?
While I've never been a fan of the Huckster this is typical distortion from the Left.

What did I distort, Skippy?

The Bible is silent on the presence or absence of other people. No reason is given to believe Cain, Able or any other offspring of Adam and Eve married from within their family.

Except that's exactly what happened.
But so what? After the revelation at Sinai incest became prohibited. In Christian countries polygamy became prohibited. That has been that way for about 2000 years. Why are we wanting to change 2000 years of tradition?

The point of his comparison, sweet buns.

The point of his comparison, sweet buns.

In case you were confused, I didn't write the news article, not the headline, tootles...

Ah poor Huck, he once ate a candy bar and it was downhill from then on....

"In 1969 the Danish government legalized the sale and distribution of all forms of sexually explicit materials. The revolutionary action failed to prompt the outbreak of sex crimes many had predicted."

Except that's exactly what happened.
But so what? After the revelation at Sinai incest became prohibited. In Christian countries polygamy became prohibited. That has been that way for about 2000 years. Why are we wanting to change 2000 years of tradition?

Ah, Tradition.

Slavery...tradition

Racism...tradition

Infaluable Clergy...tradition

God Annointed Royalty...tradition

Women as chattel...tradition

Arranged marriages...tradition

Children treated as property...tradition

Torture to extract confessions...tradition

Serfdom...tradition

Killing those of other religions...tradition

Gotta love those tried and true 2000 year old traditions

He sure crammed a whole passel of logical fallacies into that argument.

The classic all-you-need-to-know-about-this-guy moment that applies to Huckabee is that

while he was governor of Arkansas he once demanded that the words 'act of God' be taken out of an insurance bill because he didn't want God's name associated with disasters.

I agree with Huckabee's opinion. I also support his stance when he says, "I do not believe we should change the traditional definition of marriage."

My guess of how things will evolve is that eventually marriage will be looked upon in a purely religious sense and the government through its laws will deal with "civil unions", of which marriage will be but one classification.
The definition of marriage has changed drastically over the centuries.
Not really, it's always been one man, and one woman.

Forum List

Back