How’s the far left going to handle freedom of speech now?

After the midterms that is.

I had to say as someone who voted mostly Republican… I felt a gut punch. I wonder based on the election results how will freedom of speech be treated in going forward? Will the Democrats continue to embrace anti-freedom of speech people like BLM ? Will the Democrats continue to support cancel culture? Or will Democrats take this opportunity to fix the economy and figure out how to gain even more voters while at the same time standing up to BLM and the far left.

For the past two years the far left has unleashed attacks on all sorts of conservatives and Republicans. Starting in the summer of 2020 with the BLM riots all over the country. This was the attack on democracy. The past two years saw groups like BLM tear down and destroy statues of history. There was no committee about this no committee about the over 20 murders by BLM rioters. The wanton destruction of historical statues could also be viewed as racially motivated. …again nothing about this from the far left or even leading Democrats. All they could talk about was how bad Donald Trump was and the January 6 supporters.

It’s all about how bad “ maga “ is. That was the Democrat message. So we will see how inflation in the economy goes my hope is that our economy gets better I am rooting for President Biden. I am a democrat btw but I voted practically for all Republicans on the ticket with exception to one local….So we will see how inflation and the economy goes my hope is that our economy gets better I am rooting for President Biden.

It would’ve been nice to see a republican become governor of New York but that did not happen. I voted for Lee Zeldin I was very upset to see him not become governor of York but it’s not too much of a surprise considering the state has been blue for the past few decades….Zeldin had a great showing to watch out for him in the future..

In any event back to the point right now the economy is brutal looking at grocery store items we are seeing a 50 to 100% increase in some of the items. When politicians say that there is no inflation like some Democrats have said that is very much upsetting people.

We can say what we want about the election results…. the bottom line is our Economy is not in a good state. The gas price is high , prices at the grocery stores makes things unbearable for working class people. So the hope is that These issues get resolved. Will the new government fix the economy will they actually bring the solutions forth? or are they going keep talking about race , keep talking about nonsense like January 6 when they do nothing about the violence of the far left?

After these midterms will we see more shut downs on freedom of speech ? Will we see left politicians urging Elon musk and Twitter to keep Trump off of Twitter?
BLM is not against free speech! Jesus!

We certainly have freedom of speech within our household and in a number of settings in this country. To your point. So the fact of the matter is we don’t have the same freedom of speech though in 2022 that we did 10 years ago. The government is playing a role in influencing people to believe that Republicans and Trump supporters are Nazis. That’s the problem. It’s a problem that we have leading Democrats who are for silencing free-speech.

We all know that Twitter, YouTube Facebook have selectively silenced conservatives. To your point that is a slippery slope that is dangerous. It’s the kind of garbage we see in Third World countries.

It’s blatantly obvious with Twitter for example they allow the ayatollah of Iran but prevent Donald Trump from his freedom of speech. These are for all intents and purposes political platform you might called him private companies which they are they also serve as major political platform.

Now the government influences employers all over the country. We see this with far left Democrats influencing racism with regards to propping up companies that hire people based on their skin color not their skill set. We need a government that influences or even fines companies that openly admit to hiring people based on race. Whether it’s companies or universities for example. Like Harvard for example openly admits to accepting some applicants based on their skin color. None of this is acceptable in a civilized society.

What is also another form of intimidation or preventing freedom of speech/freedom of expression is the destruction of statues of Christopher Columbus which is an afferent to Italian Americans. Those statues represent Italian Americans. And there’s no logic to it because the statues of African figures of history like Mansa Musa who owns thousands of slaves …remain untouched and standing.

These midterms should be viewed as an opportunity for Democrats to once and for all go back to their traditional ways. Helping out the middle class, helping the workingman, fight for universal healthcare. Bring up the minimum wage , being proud of American history, and this would include standing up to and criticizing Black Lives Matter. BLM has no part of democratic history. They are an insult to not just America but to African history. It is vital that the leading democrats stand up for freedom of speech, freedom of expression. They’re not doing that right now and they have an opportunity to do so.

I totally disagree with you.

There is not less freedom of speech now than before.

1) Freedom of speech is a protection from the government.

If someone stops you from speaking, you can just go somewhere else and say it. That's freedom of speech. If the government prevents you saying it anywhere, that's losing your freedom of speech.

2) Whether you can use Twitter or not, has nothing to do with freedom of speech, unless of course the govt bans you from using social media.

3) You're literally talking about this as an issue, which PROVES it's not a freedom of speech issue. In China you would not be able to complain about this online. First you'd get a message from one of the millions of people who check the internet for content, this message would tell you not to provoke troubles. You can get this even from just liking a post that subsequently gets banned. Then you'll get your post deleted, then you'll get a call from the police.

4) People have always tried to "control the narrative". You see people controlling a narrative as them taking away your freedom of speech. Not true. You're trying to say if someone says something, and they shout louder than you, that they're taking away your freedom of speech. That's ridiculous. You're saying they need to lose their freedom of speech in order for you to have yours.

Which party is it which has banned books in libraries, again?

Which party is it that punished Disney for being supportive of gays again?

If you really want to remove the cancel culture mote from the Democrats' eye, you need to remove the beam from your own eye first.
Dumbass, political preference does not equate with sexual deviancy.

You don't talk to my child about sex AT ALL.

You don't do that. If I catch you doing it, you're in a world of trouble.

Dumbass, political preference does not equate with sexual deviancy.

You don't talk to my child about sex AT ALL.

You don't do that. If I catch you doing it, you're in a world of trouble.
What're you gonna do if a male teacher mentions his husband?

Whatdya do when a female teacher mentions her husband?

Which party is it that punished Disney for being supportive of gays again?

If you really want to remove the cancel culture mote from the Democrats' eye, you need to remove the beam from your own eye first.

That would be the party that didn't put age inappropriate books in the libraries to begin with.

Nice try.

And what was done to Disney was not capitalism. It was government abuse. You are truly an idiot.

When you're dependent on the kindness of the State, perhaps Disney shouldn't have pushed a lie about the legislatures intent to protect very young children.

Do you need someone to tell you what to believe and what not to believe, little boy?

Thanks for posting that, I needed a good belly laugh. I guess maobama thinks Americans are getting the same set of facts when the MSM outlets put out the same propaganda verbatim.

Then there was this little ditty. From your link:
Donahoe, who served under Obama as the U.S. ambassador to the UN Human Rights Council, remarked: “I think it’s fair to say we may never have had a president so disinclined to push people toward polarization, and you certainly demonstrated that in your speech today.”

How the hell could even a former lackey say that about the divider in chief with a straight face?

If someone stops you from speaking, you can just go somewhere else and say it. That's freedom of speech. If the government prevents you saying it anywhere, that's losing your freedom of speech.

2) Whether you can use Twitter or not, has nothing to do with freedom of speech, unless of course the govt bans you from using social media.

3) You're literally talking about this as an issue, which PROVES it's not a freedom of speech issue. In China you would not be able to complain about this online. First you'd get a message from one of the millions of people who check the internet for content, this message would tell you not to provoke troubles. You can get this even from just liking a post that subsequently gets banned. Then you'll get your post deleted, then you'll get a call from the police.

4) People have always tried to "control the narrative". You see people controlling a narrative as them taking away your freedom of speech. Not true. You're trying to say if someone says something, and they shout louder than you, that they're taking away your freedom of speech. That's ridiculous. You're saying they need to lose their freedom of speech in order for you to have yours.

Or unless the government is colluding with social media to either ban or promote speech. Which is what we have today and it's been documented. It will be further documented when republicans take over the house and start putting tech oligarchs under oath. When the tech companies act in concert with the government that is the same as government actions.

What're you gonna do if a male teacher mentions his husband?

Whatdya do when a female teacher mentions her husband?
That's not sex, dumb shit.

Gawd you morons are fucking retarded.

You can no longer discern between sex and family?

You progtards are FUCKED UP. You're rotten human beings. I want you to STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY KIDS, moron.

BLM is not against free speech! Jesus!
Hey brother yes they are. They will intimidate companies to force people to hire folks based on their skin color. BLM will intimidate sports organizations to put up BLM slogans on their field. BLM leaders will influence their supporters to scream at and shut down the free-speech of people they don’t like speaking at public places or college campuses.

You know what it’s all the worse because BLM has no argument the 400 years of slave arguments is counterproductive and it’s against liberalism. I am a liberal and I recognize the fact that all of us whether were black or white we are all descendants of slaves and slave owners. Should white Americans today get reparations for the fact that their ancestors fought and died to free and liberate Black people in America.? Just in case you think that Black people should get reparations today because they were once slaves in America.

Blm suppresses free-speech by supporting the destruction of historical statues in America. Statues that mean a lot to Americans of different religions and ethnicities. It’s a form of intimidation cultural intimidation and it is against mutual respect. BLM is not about mutual respect or freedom of speech ….they’re about totalitarianism. That’s why Democrats need to stand up for the values of people like JFK Democrats who stood up for freedom of speech and dignity

It is the case my friend because Twitter and YouTube are massive political platforms. They selectively Ban conservative speakers therefore giving Democrats a edge when it comes to politics.

If I cannot go on Twitter and get millions of people to see my message is a republican that is selective criticism it is hypocrisy. It is blatant shut down of free speech. Frankly I don’t feel like circling the wagons and going back-and-forth on this one. There’s not much to argue here buddy… technically you are right America is more free than China we are more free than Israel we are more free then Saudi Arabia. My point remains free-speech is under attack in America. Like sure to your point we are more free than most countries but my point remains.

Blm also promotes a mindset where the white man is evil. Where the black man has been oppressed they promote a culture where it’s OK for people that say black is beautiful and white as evil. Anybody who doesn’t recognize what’s occurring ia just lying to themselves man. And the worst evil of it all is how somebody rightly says “hey I support equality I support racial equality but I disagreed with BLM “ but then in the response a BLM supporter says hey that’s racist …. That is part of the problem here in America it’s that The far left doesn’t see they are their own worst enemy. Major companies that are used as political platforms are banning people who criticize BLM and yes that is an attack on freedom of speech.

The far left keeps on accusing Donald Trump and Republicans of suppressing free speech when it is the far left through BLM that is the greatest threat to free speech.

The leading Democrats and probably even some Republicans are also very weak they’ve done nothing to stand up to Black Lives Matter. Politicians are supposed to be leaders they’re supposed to stand up to Black Lives Matter. BLM wants companies across America to have racial hiring quotas. BLM wants to continue the destruction and removal of statues in America which is a form of intimidation it is cultural intimidation.

Last edited:
Hey brother yes they are. They will intimidate companies to force people to hire folks based on their skin color. BLM will intimidate sports organizations to put up BLM slogans on their field. BLM leaders will influence their supporters to scream at and shut down the free-speech of people they don’t like speaking at public places or college campuses.

You know what it’s all the worse because BLM has no argument the 400 years of slave arguments is counterproductive and it’s against liberalism. I am a liberal and I recognize the fact that all of us whether were black or white we are all descendants of slaves and slave owners. Should white Americans today get reparations for the fact that their ancestors fought and died to free and liberate Black people in America.? Just in case you think that Black people should get reparations today because they were once slaves in America.

Blm suppresses free-speech by supporting the destruction of historical statues in America. Statues that mean a lot to Americans of different religions and ethnicities. It’s a form of intimidation cultural intimidation and it is against mutual respect. BLM is not about mutual respect or freedom of speech ….they’re about totalitarianism. That’s why Democrats need to stand up for the values of people like JFK Democrats who stood up for freedom of speech and dignity
Fuck this "white people are victims too" bullshit! You don't like them taking down racist statues about racist America.

Fuck this "white people are victims too" bullshit! You don't like them taking down racist statues about racist America.
I didn’t say that. This is a major problem look at how the media has brainwashed fellow Americans. It’s the media and Democrats and even some Republicans who have influenced you to say that about me. When the truth of the matter is that we probably have a lot in common like I am for raising the minimum wage, for national healthcare, I am against the death penalty.

We shouldn’t be taking down Confederate statues. I assume that’s what you’re talking about. I was not talking about confederate statues I’m talking about statues of Christopher Columbus, St. Louis and other people that had nothing to do with the confederacy and that exist to give pride to Italian Americans and Catholics in all different types of people. BLM committed terrorism by destroying the statues of Christopher Columbus this was an act of anti-Italian racism ….no different than destroying a statue of an African ….no different than a group of white people destroying a statue of an African person who owned white slaves. It’s just stupid, it’s shortsighted makes no sense.

But you use the term racist that’s not applied properly and that’s the brainwashing part of the media and the racist Black Lives Matter how they brainwash you. Because white confederate soldiers owned slaves in a time when black Africans owned slaves as well so there’s no argument BLM can bring forth to justify their existence. Can you actually tell me I’m wrong here we don’t need groups in America called white lives matter or Black Lives Matter we need to support equality among man. Tell me how this is wrong?

After the midterms that is.

I had to say as someone who voted mostly Republican… I felt a gut punch. I wonder based on the election results how will freedom of speech be treated in going forward? Will the Democrats continue to embrace anti-freedom of speech people like BLM ? Will the Democrats continue to support cancel culture? Or will Democrats take this opportunity to fix the economy and figure out how to gain even more voters while at the same time standing up to BLM and the far left.

For the past two years the far left has unleashed attacks on all sorts of conservatives and Republicans. Starting in the summer of 2020 with the BLM riots all over the country. This was the attack on democracy. The past two years saw groups like BLM tear down and destroy statues of history. There was no committee about this no committee about the over 20 murders by BLM rioters. The wanton destruction of historical statues could also be viewed as racially motivated. …again nothing about this from the far left or even leading Democrats. All they could talk about was how bad Donald Trump was and the January 6 supporters.

It’s all about how bad “ maga “ is. That was the Democrat message. So we will see how inflation in the economy goes my hope is that our economy gets better I am rooting for President Biden. I am a democrat btw but I voted practically for all Republicans on the ticket with exception to one local….So we will see how inflation and the economy goes my hope is that our economy gets better I am rooting for President Biden.

It would’ve been nice to see a republican become governor of New York but that did not happen. I voted for Lee Zeldin I was very upset to see him not become governor of York but it’s not too much of a surprise considering the state has been blue for the past few decades….Zeldin had a great showing to watch out for him in the future..

In any event back to the point right now the economy is brutal looking at grocery store items we are seeing a 50 to 100% increase in some of the items. When politicians say that there is no inflation like some Democrats have said that is very much upsetting people.

We can say what we want about the election results…. the bottom line is our Economy is not in a good state. The gas price is high , prices at the grocery stores makes things unbearable for working class people. So the hope is that These issues get resolved. Will the new government fix the economy will they actually bring the solutions forth? or are they going keep talking about race , keep talking about nonsense like January 6 when they do nothing about the violence of the far left?

After these midterms will we see more shut downs on freedom of speech ? Will we see left politicians urging Elon musk and Twitter to keep Trump off of Twitter?

We're the historical statues destroyed or moved to private land?

I didn’t say that. This is a major problem look at how the media has brainwashed fellow Americans. It’s the media and Democrats and even some Republicans who have influenced you to say that about me. When the truth of the matter is that we probably have a lot in common like I am for raising the minimum wage, for national healthcare, I am against the death penalty.

We shouldn’t be taking down Confederate statues. I assume that’s what you’re talking about. I was not talking about confederate statues I’m talking about statues of Christopher Columbus, St. Louis and other people that had nothing to do with the confederacy and that exist to give pride to Italian Americans and Catholics in all different types of people. BLM committed terrorism by destroying the statues of Christopher Columbus this was an act of anti-Italian racism ….no different than destroying a statue of an African ….no different than a group of white people destroying a statue of an African person who owned white slaves. It’s just stupid, it’s shortsighted makes no sense.

But you use the term racist that’s not applied properly and that’s the brainwashing part of the media and the racist Black Lives Matter how they brainwash you. Because white confederate soldiers owned slaves in a time when black Africans owned slaves as well so there’s no argument BLM can bring forth to justify their existence. Can you actually tell me I’m wrong here we don’t need groups in America called white lives matter or Black Lives Matter we need to support equality among man. Tell me how this is wrong?
Are you telling me there are just as many of white deaths at the hands of cops than there are black deaths?

Forum List

Back