Zone1 How Young Is Too Young For Girls To Wear Makeup?

Little girls grow up and become women RR , that is nature

Parents , especially those archie bunker fathers (guilty as charged) have a hard time accepting this

~S~

Umm yeah, but that doesn't have anything to do with my title question.

Thanks and the reason why we went with nail polish as it's not really makeup to us. Btw, both of us can't stand shows like Toddlers and Tiaras. Oh and fun trivia fact, we have already decided what we want to name our first daughter. Kiara Journey Airelle.

She's going to be getting two middle names not only because they sound beautiful together, but that way the first middle name used with her first name will be used as a really easy warning, both middle names used with her first name will be a more serious warning, and if her whole entire name is used with the first, both middle names, and her surname,... Well,.. since this is zone 1, what is a clean way I can say that you know that the shit is going to go down? 😂
Congrats! When’s your due date?

My parents, who were strict, allowed me to wear a light shade of lipstick beginning at 13. Full makeup - which added in eyeshadow, blush, and mascara - was permitted at age 16.

My parents, who were strict, allowed me to wear a light shade of lipstick beginning at 13. Full makeup - which added in eyeshadow, blush, and mascara - was permitted at age 16.

That sounds about right.

Thanks and the reason why we went with nail polish as it's not really makeup to us. Btw, both of us can't stand shows like Toddlers and Tiaras. Oh and fun trivia fact, we have already decided what we want to name our first daughter. Kiara Journey Airelle.

She's going to be getting two middle names not only because they sound beautiful together, but that way the first middle name used with her first name will be used as a really easy warning, both middle names used with her first name will be a more serious warning, and if her whole entire name is used with the first, both middle names, and her surname,... Well,.. since this is zone 1, what is a clean way I can say that you know that the shit is going to go down? 😂
I think you worry too much about this. Bring her up right and she will make her own decisions.

My fiancee and I say that we wouldn't let our daughter wear makeup until at least she was sixteen. Nothing below that because anything before that we want to emphasize that she's beautiful just the way she is. We'll let her play with pretend makeup (nail polish can be real though) before then, but until she's dating there's no need for any of it to be real.

87. Why wear face paint? Is she planning on a career as a clown? Makeup is terrible for your skin, and leads young women to believe they aren’t naturally beautiful.

87. Why wear face paint? Is she planning on a career as a clown? Makeup is terrible for your skin, and leads young women to believe they aren’t naturally beautiful.

Thank you, but once they're mature enough to understand that I don't have a problem with it as long as it isn't too much.

Frequent makeup use will eventually damage skin, which affects general health. There's no healthy age to wear makeup, but makeup on kids may be worse, since kids have developing organs.

Frequent makeup use will eventually damage skin, which affects general health. There's no healthy age to wear makeup, but makeup on kids may be worse, since kids have developing organs.
I’m in my late 60s and have worn makeup every day since age 16. I get compliments on my skin all the time - almost no wrinkles and a very even tone.

I’m in my late 60s and have worn makeup every day since age 16. I get compliments on my skin all the time - almost no wrinkles and a very even tone.
There are plenty of people who started smoking at 16 and lived into their 80's with no issues. Does that mean smoking is good for you?

There are plenty of people who started smoking at 16 and lived into their 80's with no issues. Does that mean smoking is good for you?
It’s established that smoking is bad. Hardly the same with makeup. Just wash your face well when you go to bedl

This scenario, I would say it's the personal choice of the child.
Most children are slaves to the opinion of their peers. If she happens to think highly of a girl who dresses like a slut, you'd be okay for her to over-sexualize herself at say 12 or 13? Children need guidance and boundaries. Without them they will suffer far more misery than joy.

My fiancee and I say that we wouldn't let our daughter wear makeup until at least she was sixteen. Nothing below that because anything before that we want to emphasize that she's beautiful just the way she is. We'll let her play with pretend makeup (nail polish can be real though) before then, but until she's dating there's no need for any of it to be real.

personally i would have it at 25 when the brain has fused tight

but i bet libs would go for at least 4....especially the little boys libs lust for

It’s established that smoking is bad. Hardly the same with makeup. Just wash your face well when you go to bedl
Using your logic I proved smoking is fine.

The idea that slathering chemicals all over your face, leaving them there all day and then using other chemicals to remove the first set of caked on chemicals not being bad for your skin is ridiculous on its face. There probably is some subset of makeup lines that use all natural and safer ingredients in their products but those are likely very expensive and not what most women are covering their face with every day.

What’s better for your health.

Using makeup

Not using makeup.

Using your logic I proved smoking is fine.

The idea that slathering chemicals all over your face, leaving them there all day and then using other chemicals to remove the first set of caked on chemicals not being bad for your skin is ridiculous on its face. There probably is some subset of makeup lines that use all natural and safer ingredients in their products but those are likely very expensive and not what most women are covering their face with every day.

What’s better for your health.

Using makeup

Not using makeup.
There are benefits to makeup: it’s a confidence builder when you know you look your best. Confidence helps build success.

Are you a woman who goes without makeup?

Forum List

Back