How will progressives regroup?

It's very apparent that the lessons from the 2016 elections are many. But it's also very apparent that the left is in complete and total denial. They want to blame the U.S. Constitution and the Electoral College system. They want to blame racism. They want to blame conservatives. Everything and anything other than the actual cause: their bat-shit crazy ideology which has gone off the rails. This is a prime example right here.

Think about how insane this is on multiple levels. For starters, they are rejecting one of their own. How can you win elections or even garner healthy respect from the other side when rejecting one of your own? Second, this is a group that could use security. They complain 24x7 that they are "attacked" (though most have been proven to be false - as seen here) and what do they do? They tell law enforcement to take a hike. Yeah...great way to get the law enforcement community to support you and vote for you. Third, this illustrates the extreme intolerance (which in turn illustrates the extreme hypocrisy of those preaching for tolerance).

Are progressives capable of introspection and learning from these results or will their ideology continue to dominate rational thought, self-examination, and solid political strategy?

LGBTQ rally asks officer to LEAVE; then find out she’s Transgender

It doesn't sound like you are asking a question. It seems like you working through your own anger.

But I'll pretend you're asking a question.

I would advise the Left to revisit their pre-sixties connection with the white working class. I'm thinking of the New Deal Coalition that combined Southern Dixiecrats with Northern manufacturing workers. I'd downplay gender/race/lifestyle in favor of addressing the economic plight that cuts across all the neighborhoods left behind by globalization.

I would also advise them to look for a fighter like LBJ. Obama didn't have the ability to work the phones and force people into making deals.

I would advise them to admit their failure in media. They have no presence on talk radio, yet we are a spread-out driving nation. I'd much rather listen to Michael Savage or Mark Levin than some NPR drone. Also, when P@triot needs a talking point, he has 100s of rightwing websites that produce endless anti-Left talking points. The Left by contrast is stuck with university professors for their content, and the content is too muddled and academic. People in the rural midwest aren't going to listen to a philosophy podcast. They want plain spoken charismatic pundits that only exist on the Right. Also the Left needs to communicate with seniors better, so they understand that the Right does not believe in Medicare or Social Security.

Those are just a few thoughts.
No neo leftist on here is spouting anything even remotely academic.

No neo leftist on here has the guts to discuss philosophy on here either.

It is fall-down hilarious how out of touch with reality progressives are. Dude...do you really think the American people don't know your platform?!? The American people are not owned by Fox News and they were not unaware of your platform.

They simply reject your bat-shit crazy ideology. Until you recognize that reality and reverse course, you will continue to struggle.

“And I think that part of it has to do with our inability, our failure, to reach those voters effectively,” Obama said. “Part of it is Fox News in every bar and restaurant in big chunks of the country, but part of it is also Democrats not working at a grassroots level, being in there, showing up, making arguments.”

Obama blames Democrats' loss on Fox News

Apparently the Dumbocrats did not learn their lesson from the Donald Trump landslide as they inexplicably re-elected Nancy Pelosi to House minority leader again.

"Barack Obama has lost more seats for his party than any president in modern history"

Democrats Re-Elect Nancy Pelosi

My concern is WHERE, and how can we neutralize the spot from orbit?

When the USSR shit the bed, the leftists already had a half assed place at the UN.

I want them to regroup in North Korea, and after they all get there we turn South Korea into an island.
Personally, I 100% support California seceding from the U.S. Would love to see that become its own liberal "utopia". They brag about the size of their economy (which only further illustrates the failure of the progressive ideology since they are something like $80 billion in debt), so let them collapse that economy as their own country rather than collapsing the entire U.S. economy.

Fine but we keep eastern California, the water and the food. Also...the price of water and food may increase significantly :badgrin:

Progressives never grouped or had a plan in the first place. They just ran around calling everyone deplorable, racist, sexist, thinking that would be enough.

Have you noticed that since progressive came out of the closet they haven't won an election. They used to lie and hide who they are and what they really thought. Emboldened by Obama they came out of the closet and the country rejected them.

Regroup? Same way we did after 2001, when the GOP propagandists started blathering about a 'permanent Republican majority' and how the Democrats were finished.

Trump won't advance conservatism one iota. Trump and the Republicans are just a placeholder for a few years until the Democrats win again and progress resumes. That's how it's always been.

The first thing they have to do is admit they have a problem.

Hopefully that will lead them to marginalize the PC/Identity Politics zealots ASAP.

Then they can become a national party again.

Abandoning marxist dogma and attempts to disarm the proles might work for them too.

There was a Yahoo "news" (or some other bullshit source) that talked about rural democrooks whining about how the party abandoned them and completely glossed over the fact that even the rural moonbats (there are a few) generally do not oppose guns. They live out in the country and know they're on their own out in the woods and pastures against coyotes, wolves, bears, wild pigs and snakes of every variety including the meth head sort.

Modern democrooks view people outside the confines of their filthy cities as a human resource, not much different from the cattle they raise.

It's obvious that "progressives" did not opt to "regroup" when they elected an old liberal progressive to head up the House minority.

This is a prime example of why America rejected the Democrats and the alt-left. They not only attempt to crucify people for their beliefs (much like ISIS, the Taliban and other muslim radicals), but they even attempt to do it to people who haven't even shared their beliefs. The Gaines' have made no comment at all on where they stand on homosexuality. And yet the alt-left (which is practically the all-left) are attempting to shame and destroy them.

As a hard-core constitutional conservative, I just want to say thank you to progressives for destroying the Dumbocrat Party and employing an extremist, bat-shit crazy ideology. You've turned rational people against you all across the country (and all across the globe). You single-handedly ended the Clinton family role in politics, turned millions towards conservatism, and handed control of the White House, House, Senate, and 33 states to the Republican's.

BuzzFeed’s Attack on Chip and Joanna Gaines Backfires

DEMOCRAT REPS WARN: ‘DEMISE OF PARTY’ IMMINENT

Congressman Cleaver reveals Dems have “no plan, no strategy”

Congressman Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.) confessed that the Democratic party is an aimless, demoralized political faction after suffering crushing defeats in recent elections.

“At the present time… we have no strategy, and we have no plan,” he told MSNBC’s Craig Melvin. “I do think it is time for us to bring in younger leadership.”

“In fact, if we don’t, I think it will spell the demise of the Democratic caucus – if we’re not already primitively in a state of smallness.”

Democrat Reps Warn: ‘Demise of Party’ Imminent

It's obvious that "progressives" did not opt to "regroup" when they elected an old liberal progressive to head up the House minority.
It appears you have nailed it whitehall...

IMG_2953.JPG

Forum List

Back