CDZ How were your holiday parties?

Wonderful… because there weren’t any.

My immediate family is spread across the eastern half of the country so we rarely see each other in person. No parties to worry about there.

We just bought a house almost an hour from most of my wife’s family. They came out for Thanksgiving, shortly after we moved in and immediately told us it was too far for them to travel in the future. Then one of our nieces got Covid the week before Christmas, ending any chance of my wife dragging me to them for Christmas.

They did a quick drive-by gift exchange that I didn’t have to be involved with, so it worked out great for me.

How were your holiday parties?​

drunk-santa-edited-1.jpg

I love my wife but on the holidays, I want to see the rest of my family and close friends. We didn’t consider the virus for one second.

I had lots of people over, great food and awesome times as well.
Stretched all the way from Christmas Eve through New Year's Day.
All kinds of friends and family, in and out whenever they felt like it.

Initially, some people were concerned about what everyone's vaccine status was going to be.
I quickly put their minds to rest when I let them know that I wasn't planning on forcing anyone to come to the party if they didn't want to.

That must have been good enough to settle their concerns, because everyone showed up anyway.
No one was wearing a mask or paying any attention to social distancing either ... We are huggers here.
No one showed up sick, and no one has mentioned getting sick since.

Branch Covidian sister was here...I could hear her teeth grind every time my nephew spoke to his "aunt Liz". Sadly, my nephews' day at the range was cancelled because the rain just would. Not. Stop.

Forum List

Back