How to find part-time job from home?

Once a month or so, a bunch of people who used to work for the company I currently work for and a few possibly stupid people [like me? getting close to 12 years there] who are still there will get together. Mind you, our staff in IT is around 32 people, we have had 24 people quit in the past 2 years.
90% of everyone who left are now working from home. Most are in the 6 digits or very close to 6 digits. Now, coming from Ark, that is pretty good.
I also have a good friend who married an Army Ranger who graduated from West Point that they met while attending MIT. She makes mid 6 figures working from Germany for a company based in CA. Power couple - clash of the overachievers but it works for them. Personally, we would all data nerd out when they were in the states.
Working from home isn't the limitation although there is a trend to go back to the office.
Your abilities are the limitation.
Can you program? With what languages? Work with large datasets? Are people calling you up headhunting?
My excuse, I'm old in this world of IT filled with people are younger than my kids. I'll wait it out. And then pimp myself and start answering all of those headhunters calls.

Thats why I asked the questions I did. There's lot of "at home" work available...........it just depends on what skill sets they have and if they're looking to just keep busy or make a few bucks.
my guess is he didnt list any skills is because he knows he doesnt have any and why I went to the easiest thing I could come up with,,

Hmmmmmm.
Good point.

Well, regardless of skills or not.......depending on where they live, there's lots of options.
I would start with the local classified,, asking on an anonymous discussion forum would be my last place,,

I still support my idea of finding a nich product that would interest the people around you,,

thats what I did 5 yrs ago and its provided for me pretty well,,

I know a girl who did that. She would make bird houses out of scrap wood that she got for nothing at construction sites. And then sell them for $10 to $50 a piece.
with the right marketing she would soon not be able to provide enough for all the costumers,,

Shoot..................it's readily apparent that the OP has a computer since they are posting here. All they really have to do is go to the Google machine and type in "work from home jobs" and their area. There are lots of them that should pop up. I live in Newberry SC (a pretty rural area and fairly small town) and did the Google trick with work from home jobs here, and there seem to be quite a few. Most are starting out at 17.00/hr.

Shoot..................it's readily apparent that the OP has a computer since they are posting here. All they really have to do is go to the Google machine and type in "work from home jobs" and their area. There are lots of them that should pop up. I live in Newberry SC (a pretty rural area and fairly small town) and did the Google trick with work from home jobs here, and there seem to be quite a few. Most are starting out at 17.00/hr.
if you knew the OP you would know he has mental issues and might not be able to connect the dots,,

She had a phone in her garage and kept busy all day building and selling birdhouses.
people would be amazed how something as simple as a birdhouse can launch a career,,

I have at least 100 little projects like that I would do if the need arouse,,

Forum List

Back