How to Deal with Ultra-Left Academia

Next those poor offended people will want to get rid of those pesky crosses that are all over Arlington National

There are even "offended" nuts who object to crosses at memorials in honor of fallen Policemen and members of the US military

We have wasted enough time trying to appease these people who go through life looking for things to be offended over

and as I said, true Christians do not throw hissy fits about symbols. They try to keep their focus on the great commandment.

and as I said, true Christians do not throw hissy fits about symbols. They try to keep their focus on the great commandment.

to the left, "true Christians" just sit back and keep quiet about being insulted and having their Religion dragged thru the mud

to the left, "true Christians" just sit back and keep quiet about being insulted and having their Religion dragged thru the mud

I do not think that removing a christian symbol for an ecumenical chapel on a college campus used by students of all faiths is 'dragging my religion through the mud".... and if you were a Christian, you would KNOW what Jesus requires you to do... and it is not to get angry about a symbol.

I do not think that removing a christian symbol for an ecumenical chapel on a college campus used by students of all faiths is 'dragging my religion through the mud".... and if you were a Christian, you would KNOW what Jesus requires you to do... and it is not to get angry about a symbol.

It is only part of the issue. I wonder if libs would be as tolerant if it was a Muslim symbol being removed - it is OK now to remove any Christian symbol to be removed. Some teachers and workers are forbidden from wearing a cross around their neck. Now even the Easter bunny and Christmas decorations are under attack in the work place and in schools

Look at the Edwards campaign for the intolerance and acceptance of smearing Christians

Libs do blame Christiands for putting Pres Bush in the Oval office - that is the most unforgivable sin one can commit

It is only part of the issue. I wonder if libs would be as tolerant if it was a Muslim symbol being removed - it is OK now to remove any Christian symbol to be removed. Some teachers and workers are forbidden from wearing a cross around their neck. Now even the Easter bunny and Christmas decorations are under attack in the work place and in schools

Look at the Edwards campaign for the intolerance and acceptance of smearing Christians

Libs do blame Christiands for putting Pres Bush in the Oval office - that is the most unforgivable sin one can commit

again...if YOU were a Christian, you would KNOW that Jesus could give a shit about Christmas decorations or easter bunnies.... OR crosses.

And I do not blame Christians for Bush...I blame those who voted for him of ANY stripe. I am a deeply committed Christian who voted against him as, I am sure, the majority of MY congregation did. "Christians" aren't to blame for Bush.... Bush voters are to blame for Bush.

I, for one, wonder about the strength of faith of any so-called Christian whose faith comes under assault when visible symbols are removed from his or her field of view. Is their faith so weak that it must be bolstered by images of crosses and tablets of commandments and creches at every street corner, on every wall, in every square and public building or they will somehow forget their risen Lord?

I know who Jesus is and He knows who I am...and I am sure that were I to suddenly go blind and not be able to see the symbol of His crucifixion, I could still find Him just as easily in my heart... as easily as He could find me.

I must say Maineman, you making alot sense today. I do disagree with this stat4ement for the following reason: Would you then see it as just as wrong to hang a banner of your favorite sports team in your garage or on the wall of a child. So, no banners, posters, beltbuckles of race fans, on and on and on,etc,..........etc,......etc,.......

Do you have any bumper stickers?

Posters?

Favorite anythings? Indicated by a collection or presence of any memorabilia?

You get my point, right?

again...if YOU were a Christian, you would KNOW that Jesus could give a shit about Christmas decorations or easter bunnies.... OR crosses.

And I do not blame Christians for Bush...I blame those who voted for him of ANY stripe. I am a deeply committed Christian who voted against him as, I am sure, the majority of MY congregation did. "Christians" aren't to blame for Bush.... Bush voters are to blame for Bush.

If only your fellow libs would be so "tolerant". Year after year, the left and the ACLU launches their annual war on Christmas - and now Easter

Again, I wonder if you be so dismissive if it was Muslims having their symbols removed. Why do I suspect you would be playing the race card right now?

Under threat of legal action, schools are being forced to see things the kook left and the ACLU see things - the secular America they want and demand

comparing the life of a Christian to that of a sports fan is ...

not on target...I was going to say "insulting", but realized that was not appropriate.

and as I have said on this very thread...I still wear a sterling silver cross around my neck that I recieved over 40 years ago when I was confirmed.

My faith is strong and deep and has NEVER required the display of my religion's iconography to the exclusion of others in order for it to survive.

If only your fellow libs would be so "tolerant". Year after year, the left and the ACLU launches their annual war on Christmas - and now Easter

Again, I wonder if you be so dismissive if it was Muslims having their symbols removed. Why do I suspect you would be playing the race card right now?

Under threat of legal action, schools are being forced to see things the kook left and the ACLU see things - the secular America they want and demand

If muslims had their iconography on public property and it offended taxpayers, I would have absolutely no problem with removing it.

And rather than ask my "fellow libs" to be tolerant, maybe you should consider the story about the speck in your neighbor's eye and the log in your own....

comparing the life of a Christian to that of a sports fan is ...

not on target...I was going to say "insulting", but realized that was not appropriate.

and as I have said on this very thread...I still wear a sterling silver cross around my neck that I recieved over 40 years ago when I was confirmed.

My faith is strong and deep and has NEVER required the display of my religion's iconography to the exclusion of others in order for it to survive.

so why are so many tolerant libs "offened" over a cross around the neck, a Christmas tree, or the Easter Bunny

Could it be, some libs are always on the look for something to be offended over?

A lib once demanded me to remove a small 9 inch Christmas tree off my desk at work - I told he "NO".

She whined and HR said I could keep it. In my cube, on my desk, - and it offended her.

Typical cry baby lib

and schools that are funded by the tax dollars of muslims and buddhists and jews and atheists ought NOT be preaching OR teaching the primacy or validity of Christianity to students....

I have no desire for my children to learn about Jesus from school teachers...that is my job... their Sunday School teachers' jobs, and our minister's job.

and schools that are funded by the tax dollars of muslims and buddhists and jews and atheists ought NOT be preaching OR teaching the primacy or validity of Christianity to students....

I have no desire for my children to learn about Jesus from school teachers...that is my job... their Sunday School teachers' jobs, and our minister's job.

we are talikng aboput a Christmas trees, Christmas Carols, and Christmas plays at school. The same thing you had when you were a kid - or is the New World Order libs want to impose on the people? Christmas is now forbidden in the public schools?

we are talikng aboput a Christmas trees, Christmas Carols, and Christmas plays at school. The same thing you had when you were a kid - or is the New World Order libs want to impose on the people? Christmas is now forbidden in the public schools?

when I was in grade school, there were no non-Christians attending.

And again.... church and home are the appropriate places for children to learn carols....

I am curious, RSR....are YOU a Christian? Is the risen Christ YOUR savior?

when I was in grade school, there were no non-Christians attending.

And again.... church and home are the appropriate places for children to learn carols....

You are one screwed up lib MM

Now it so UN PC to let kids enjoy the season of Christmas because if offends your sorry liberal ass

Get a life and stop trying to spoil the holiday for the rest of us

When non - Christians move to the US they have to accept the way things are done here. Try reading a Bible in public in Saudi Arabia and see what happens

Now it so UN PC to let kids enjoy the season of Christmas because if offends your sorry liberal ass

When non - Christians move to the US they have to accept the way things are done here. Try reading a Bible in public in Saudi Arabia and see what happens

Rough subject! Technically, he has a point RSR. So do you. I got pissed when my grand daughters third grade teacher told the kids they should say Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. Problem with that however is that it is "offensive" to families of another religion. Jews always seemed to live with it fairly well, they more or less allowed us to do our thing and we in turn allowed them to do theirs. Now we are experienceing an influx of "others". You are right, when theycome here, like our ancestors they should expect to make some changes or be "tolerant" of the fact that this is "our" country, right? Ut-Oh, 1 problem, we took it from Indians! Do we practice thrie religion. Did all of them practice one religion? No, they were not ONE nation.

Sounds like doubletalk, huh?

why won't you answer my questions, RSR?

My children have ALWAYS enjoyed the Christmas season.... because it is in our home, and our church.... it doesn't need to be in school.... I will teach my children about Christ....not some school teacher.

And you would like America to be MORE like Saudi Arabia?

I ask again:

Do you KNOW what his greatest commandment to us is?

why won't you answer my questions, RSR?

My children have ALWAYS enjoyed the Christmas season.... because it is in our home, and our church.... it doesn't need to be in school.... I will teach my children about Christ....not some school teacher.

And you would like America to be MORE like Saudi Arabia?

I ask again:

Do you KNOW what his greatest commandment to us is?

What does my Religion have to do with libs tryiong to run Christmas out od society?

What harm does it cause for kids to enjoy the holiday?

If Christmas is so offensive to you libs, repeal it as a FEDERAL holiday, and make it a normal work day without additional pay

Libs are trying to appease the 3% of the population that does not celebrate the holiday of Christmas at the exspense of the 97% who do

What does my Religion have to do with libs tryiong to run Christmas out od society?

What harm does it cause for kids to enjoy the holiday?

If Christmas is so offensive to you libs, repeal it as a FEDERAL holiday, and make it a normal work day without additional pay

Libs are trying to appease the 3% of the population that does not celebrate the holiday of Christmas at the exspense of the 97% who do

why are you getting so bent out of shape about a cross?

Who ever said that kids can't enjoy holidays? As I said, my children have a great time during the advent season.

And when did I ever say that Christmas was offensive to me?

Why can't you try to carry on a conversation with ME instead of talking AT me and PAST me and doing nothing but ranting about "libs"?

why are you getting so bent out of shape about a cross?

Who ever said that kids can't enjoy holidays? As I said, my children have a great time during the advent season.

And when did I ever say that Christmas was offensive to me?

Why can't you try to carry on a conversation with ME instead of talking AT me and PAST me and doing nothing but ranting about "libs"?

Because this what the left wing of your party does every year at Christmas time

and this is what they do daily toward any religious symbols they find "offensive" i,e - Christian symbols

here are the questions I asked you:

why are you getting so bent out of shape about a cross?(1)

Who ever said that kids can't enjoy holidays?(2) As I said, my children have a great time during the advent season.

And when did I ever say that Christmas was offensive to me?(3)

Why can't you try to carry on a conversation with ME instead of talking AT me and PAST me and doing nothing but ranting about "libs"?(4)
how about answering those questions?

Forum List

Back