How to care for your teeth.

Makes sense. I too have had many issues with my teeth and haven’t had good experiences with dentists. This forced me to do a lot of my own research.

You might research the beneficial effects of using hydrogen peroxide versus salt water. I’ve used both. Salt water gargling has helped me with sensitive teeth. HP will kill bacteria while whitening your teeth.
Thanks. I'll check that out.

Dr Thomas Levy wrote the great book Toxic Tooth. He recommends brushing once a day and using a water pic with a table spoon or more of hydrogen peroxide daily. I’ve followed his advice for years now. Haven’t had a need to get my teeth cleaned at the dentist, for about five years. No plaque build up.
Interesting! Doesn't the hydrogen peroxide damage the enamel on your teeth, though?

I spent years early in my working days in a metal plating shop with vats of every acid and alkaline solution you can think of. Even using Cyanide in gold plating. In those days, ventilation was opening the bay door. We worked in a chemical fog. Come to find out (from my Dentist) that's probably the reason my teeth were in such bad shape.

Both my kids needed braces. My daughter had a gap between her front teeth wide enough to throw a cat through. It closed up nicely and she now has a beautiful smile. My son's teeth were crooked from crowding. Braces helped for a while but after they were removed his teeth returned to being crowded, so he's stuck with them. Also cost me a fortune as I didn't have dental insurance.

Implants are no joke when it comes to cost,they make braces seem like an expensive bar tab.
When they said it would cost $40K for mine I was ready to bail.
Then the Wife told me to think about it this way.
My new truck cost the same.

Interesting! Doesn't the hydrogen peroxide damage the enamel on your teeth, though?
No. You use about a tablespoon of HP in your Waterpic. I’ve gargled with HP for years, but mix it 50/50 with water. This is the 3% HP that can be purchased anywhere and is very cheap.

Implants are no joke when it comes to cost,they make braces seem like an expensive bar tab.
When they said it would cost $40K for mine I was ready to bail.
Then the Wife told me to think about it this way.
My new truck cost the same.
True. My single implant cost more than my son's braces.

Braces: $2900
Implant: $3500

I've got about $25,000 in my dental restoration (mostly crowns and bridges) done over a period of 15 years. Worth every dollar. :)

I spent years early in my working days in a metal plating shop with vats of every acid and alkaline solution you can think of. Even using Cyanide in gold plating. In those days, ventilation was opening the bay door. We worked in a chemical fog. Come to find out (from my Dentist) that's probably the reason my teeth were in such bad shape.
I have always had good teeth as have most of the family members.

We were all raised on The Ridge in Central Florida and drank well water.

There was a very high level of natural Fluoride in the well water.

My Dentist thinks that is the reason my teeth are in such good shape.

True. My single implant cost more than my son's braces.

Braces: $2900
Implant: $3500

I've got about $25,000 in my dental restoration (mostly crowns and bridges) done over a period of 15 years. Worth every dollar. :)

I fell off a roof when I was 17 and landed in the push up position.
My chin hit the concrete and It shattered all of my molars,on the plus side my tongue wasn't out when it happened.
Broke my arm in two places cut my chin to the bone and I got a six inch gash on the bottom of my foot.
I would have rather broken both arms over shattering my teeth.

I fell off a roof when I was 17 and landed in the push up position.
My chin hit the concrete and It shattered all of my molars,on the plus side my tongue wasn't out when it happened.
Broke my arm in two places cut my chin to the bone and I got a six inch gash on the bottom of my foot.
I would have rather broken both arms over shattering my teeth.
Ouch! :omg:

Forum List

Back