How Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley could end up voting to convict Trump - Dump and Run

Wow....the slippery-slope of impeachment.
They'll be holding a trial against a private citizen.
Now we can charge Obama with crimes against the state for his Russian Collusion BS.
It would be great to convict that prick and take away all of his benefits of being an ex-president.
Better yet, lets just make January 13 National Impeachment Day. Every year on that day, we just impeach Trump’s ass again. It’ll feel good and Trump will get the satisfaction that he’s still remembered. It’s a win-win.
That will be the only thing that you progs can do, since the United States is going to be fucked for the next 4 years. So keep your mind on the shiny object and watch the orange man bad. This is how countries turn into Venezuela and Cuba. Dipshits like you..
I’m a conservative (Goldwater conservative) who sees Trump for what he is, a Conservative in Name Only. The first political book I read was “Conscience of a Conservative”. If being a conservative makes me a dipshit, then so be it.

Now we can charge Obama with crimes against the state for his Russian Collusion BS.
It would be great to convict that prick and take away all of his benefits of being an ex-president.
Better yet, lets just make January 13 National Impeachment Day. Every year on that day, we just impeach Trump’s ass again. It’ll feel good and Trump will get the satisfaction that he’s still remembered. It’s a win-win.
Just think.....if we had control of congress...we could impeach Biden and Harris for high-crimes and treason on the day he's sworn in.

That's why the Dems made sure that they took congress....by hook or by crook.
But if you want a national holiday on Jan 15th...we could turn it into beat the shit out of a Democrat day....or maybe a week.
I figure pretty soon it will be the Progressive turkey shoot.

Good luck impeaching someone who doesn't hold office any longer.
I'm sure you nut jobs will find a way to justify it, to yourselves.

The conviction would be good...

It would almost certainly mean Trump will be barred from running again.
Trump could be removed from getting any secret documents and intelligence reports.
They could remove his secret service detail and all other post Presidential perks...

We all know by now that Cruz and Hawley have strong presidential aspirations, and under certain circumstance, they could end up voting to convict.

Under the Constitution, it is solely up to the Senate to set the rules for an impeachment. The Constitution doesn’t offer any restrictions, limitations or requirements for those rules.

The Senate COULD included a secret ballot in the rules that would allow anyone to vote for conviction without facing any intimidation or retribution.

It is entirely plausible that Cruz and Hawley would realize that conviction would clear the way for their own runs for the 2024 nomination. And no one would be the wiser. The new reality would be Dump & Run - dump Trump and run for the nomination.

I’m not actually predicting this WILL happen, but it’s sure something to think about.
Cruz and Hawley should be ejected from Congress for the roll they played in their weasel-in-chief's attempted coup.

(Only a weasel would throw the insurgents he sent to the Capitol to attempt his coup, under the bus by blaming them for everything, AND saying they should be severely punished.)

I agree. Both are guilty of sedition and in violation of their oaths to uphold the Constitution. They are ineligible to serve.

That will be the only thing that you progs can do, since the United States is going to be fucked for the next 4 years. So keep your mind on the shiny object and watch the orange man bad. This is how countries turn into Venezuela and Cuba. Dipshits like you..
I’m a conservative (Goldwater conservative) who sees Trump for what he is, a Conservative in Name Only. The first political book I read was “Conscience of a Conservative”. If being a conservative makes me a dipshit, then so be it.
Youre a fucking liar also.. Were you a foster child?

Good luck impeaching someone who doesn't hold office any longer.
I'm sure you nut jobs will find a way to justify it, to yourselves.

The conviction would be good...

It would almost certainly mean Trump will be barred from running again.
Trump could be removed from getting any secret documents and intelligence reports.
They could remove his secret service detail and all other post Presidential perks...
Are you scared of President Trump running again? Why?

We all know by now that Cruz and Hawley have strong presidential aspirations, and under certain circumstance, they could end up voting to convict.

Under the Constitution, it is solely up to the Senate to set the rules for an impeachment. The Constitution doesn’t offer any restrictions, limitations or requirements for those rules.

The Senate COULD included a secret ballot in the rules that would allow anyone to vote for conviction without facing any intimidation or retribution.

It is entirely plausible that Cruz and Hawley would realize that conviction would clear the way for their own runs for the 2024 nomination. And no one would be the wiser. The new reality would be Dump & Run - dump Trump and run for the nomination.

I’m not actually predicting this WILL happen, but it’s sure something to think about.
Impossible. They love Trump.

The more interesting scenario is if Trump runs again how will the other republicans handle it in the primaries. Will they go after him. OF course they will as this is still politics. They will have so much ammo that it would not be fair. I do not think Trump will run again and would more likely want to be a mover and shaker in the party. Like the god father the wannabe's will have to kiss that hand. Which suits Trump better as a behind the scene guy instead of in the spotlight.
A likely scenario is all the potential nominees are afraid of retribution if Trump runs again. And to keep the attention on himself, he’ll keep “teasing” another run to keep attention on himself. But I doubt he’ll actually run. The effect of all this is to stifle the whole nomination, reducing the time for the GOP to mount a 2024 campaign. Trump’s narcissism would one again drag the party down.

It is possible in the scenario for them to get rid of Trump and seek to take his place. After all we are talking about politics. The think is about Trump supporters is that they will forget him eventually and look at the bigger picture. Do they want Biden for another 4 years or act like babies because Trump did not win. They will vote republican or won't vote at all which would mean a democrat in the white house.

The more interesting scenario is if Trump runs again how will the other republicans handle it in the primaries. Will they go after him. OF course they will as this is still politics. They will have so much ammo that it would not be fair. I do not think Trump will run again and would more likely want to be a mover and shaker in the party. Like the god father the wannabe's will have to kiss that hand. Which suits Trump better as a behind the scene guy instead of in the spotlight.
Bernie Sanders has lost two elections and he's still got a huge following.
So we aren't going to forget about Trump.

Forum List

Back