How Racist Are We Americans?

Wrong. You need to learn what racism really is. Because you're a racist then you whine because I counter your racism by holding a mirror to your face. Brining up rave is not racism dumb ass, making claims that your race is better is. And thats what whites like you do.
:cuckoo:...

Murica is so racist that its favorite sports heroes have been Derek Jeter, Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan.

So racist that it made Oprah the most wealthy entertainer in Murican history.

So racist that they twice elected a banal mulatto president, even though he openly held over half the nation in total contempt.

Yeah, sooooooooooo racist.
Hey!

You forgot the Female Indian and Black VP!

How wacist you are!

Hey!

You forgot the Female Indian and Black VP!

How wacist you are!
Sad part is knowing the OP he will think I am calling her Native American while not knowing I meant her mother is from India…

Sometimes I wish the Op would take a moment and ask himself why he believe that only certain people are racist by the way they vote?

So then seeing the Op votes straight ticket Democrat mean he views the government knows what is best for him and feel being enslaved to a system is better while I vote Green, Libertarian, Republican and Democrat which mean I vote for the candidate that has the best qualities that I want to lead…

How Racist Are We Americans? What an AP Poll Suggests

In November 2012, I wrote about an Associated Press poll, conducted by researchers from Stanford University, the University of Michigan, and NORC at the University of Chicago, which was designed to measure “implicit” racial bias. It did not look at gender bias, but the results of the poll are instructive about how likely it is that all of us share the same racial biases.

To measure racism, respondents were shown neutral images of a Chinese character – or ideograph – right after a photo of a black male or a white male had been flashed on the screen. The respondents were then asked to rate their feelings, positive to negative, about the ideograph.

The assumption of this method, apparently, was that the Chinese character or ideograph would, by itself, elicit a neutral reaction, since most Americans don’t know the meaning of such ideographs. Thus, any positive or negative feeling a respondent gave after the ideograph had been shown would actually reflect the respondent’s positive or negative feeling about the photo that had been flashed on the screen just prior to the ideograph.

Each respondent was shown numerous ideographs. If a respondent gave more positive ratings when the ideographs were preceded by a white man’s face than a black man’s face, the respondent was classified as anti-black. Conversely, respondents who gave more positive than negative ratings when the ideographs were preceded by a black than white face, were classified as anti-white.

Overall, the poll results based on this measure suggested that well over half of all Americans had implicit racial biases against blacks.

“When measured by an implicit racial attitudes test, the number of Americans with anti-black sentiments jumped to 56 percent, up from 49 percent during the last presidential election…the share of Americans expressing pro-black [anti-white] attitudes fell.”**

Although the AP news story did not mention the precise percentage with anti-white attitudes, Josh Pasek of the University of Michigan, the lead researcher, sent me the full results.

As shown in the chart below, the poll revealed that 33% of Americans exhibited anti-white attitudes and 55% anti-black attitudes, while 12% exhibited no racial bias.

Note also that among whites, more respondents revealed anti-black than anti-white attitudes, while among blacks, the reverse pattern is found – although not nearly to the same degree as with whites.

The poll shows that blacks are not as racist as whites. And that was found without factoring in continuing white racism.
You joined USMB about when I did in 2015. So now you are digging up stuff you wrote before you were here in 2012? Have you ever thought about exploring another subject other than racism? It looks like you are out of ideas.

You joined USMB about when I did in 2015. So now you are digging up stuff you wrote before you were here in 2012? Have you ever thought about exploring another subject other than racism? It looks like you are out of ideas.
No. Have you? Because the racism continues and you're part of it.

Sad part is knowing the OP he will think I am calling her Native American while not knowing I meant her mother is from India…

Sometimes I wish the Op would take a moment and ask himself why he believe that only certain people are racist by the way they vote?

So then seeing the Op votes straight ticket Democrat mean he views the government knows what is best for him and feel being enslaved to a system is better while I vote Green, Libertarian, Republican and Democrat which mean I vote for the candidate that has the best qualities that I want to lead…
Actually I'm not concerned with what you called her. And when people vote for a party full of racists that run on a racist platform, then I say anyone voting for that are racists. You see, the simple minded way you look at things is not how I think.

I vote for Democrats because their policies are better. When you vote, you are voting for person who will be serving in government. You are stupid to be talking that enslavement bullshit, because its lunacy to vote for people running for government office who talk about how they want less government. If they want less government why in the hell are they spending so much money trying to be part of it.

You have never been physically threatened by somebody white? I don't think that is true, I've faced white racism in every form, but I won't dare lie and claim nobody black ever threatened me. C'mon man.
If you want to include school yard bullies, then you're right. I'm just talking about serious threats.

If you want to include school yard bullies, then you're right. I'm just talking about serious threats.
School yard bullies are serious threats.

How Racist Are We Americans?​

Well, the author of the OP is certainly THE benchmark for being racist. It’s difficult to imagine anyone more racist than little im.2.
To me, racism is an irrational belief. If you've been the victim of racism (I don't know IM2 so I don't know if this is the case) and develop a hatred of the victimizers, I don't know I'd call that racism and not a rational survival mechanism.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
To me, racism is an irrational belief. If you've been the victim of racism (I don't know IM2 so I don't know if this is the case) and develop a hatred of the victimizers, I don't know I'd call that racism and not a rational survival mechanism.
Racism is irrational. And let’s assume that little im.2 has felt the sting of such shit. Then? He generalizes about the people just like they generalized about him. No matter how you slice it, prejudice boils down to pre-judging others. It remains irrational and illogical. And it’s not ok that it can be explained by some past experiences as a victim of racism.

So you're saying it's wrong for IM2 to talk about racism on a sub section of an internet forum dedicated to talking about racism ?

So you're saying it's wrong for IM2 to talk about racism on a sub section of an internet forum dedicated to talking about racism ?
It's a very simple post. Nowhere did I say it was wrong, did I? I said he's beating the dead racism horse. He can't even find any new "studies" so he has to dig up stuff he posted 10 years ago in another forum.

It's a very simple post. Nowhere did I say it was wrong, did I? I said he's beating the dead racism horse. He can't even find any new "studies" so he has to dig up stuff he posted 10 years ago in another forum.

First racism is not a dead horse. Secondly, 10 years ago scrubs like you were saying racism didn't exist. Third, I did not post it 10 years ago anywhere and the problem is still the same now. I mean, look at you. A racist using the deaths of black children as an excuse to spew racist bs about blacks. Now, in the year 2022. Furthermore, this forum is full of racists but you claim it's a dead horse.

Cognitive dissonance.

I've faced racism. All my life.

Forum List

Back