How open-minded are you when it comes to music?

C3LWyhnVTxWP93HxvYjNFm-1200-80.jpg

That guitar player is messed up. Its metal but damn...

The drum thing has been done.
A fifteenth century, undefeated Hussite military commander, Jan Ziska – real name Jan z Trocnova – wouldn’t let a little thing like dying bring an end to his Protestant uprising against the Catholic church. He’d already led his forces into battle to whip the Holy Roman Emperor’s armies, invaded Austria and Moravia, and participated in a civil war even after losing both his eyes! Legendarily, when he lay dying from the plague while on the march to Bohemia, Ziska ordered that after his death, his body should be flayed, and his skin cured and stretched over a drum to continue terrifying the enemy on the battlefield with his sheer badassery.

Sorry but personally I'm not this open-minded. This is just creepy....
What's next, human skin for the drums?
Eh... Human skin on a drum was done way before this... I remember reading there are a couple in Museums... Have to look it up...

Edit: Oh... Billy already did.

Made the mistake of reading this while watching the Grand Ole Opry.

OUCH.

This must be a migraine.

Sorry but personally I'm not this open-minded. This is just creepy....
What's next, human skin for the drums?

If it's new country, heavy metal, punk or trance I'll take a listen. But when it comes to desecrating a man's remains as some kind of stunt or statement—no thanks.

Actually the integration of the deceased into a musical instrument goes back millennia. See for example the traditional British Isles ballad variously called "Cruel Sister" or "The Two Sisters" (also known as "The Wind and Rain") where the "plain" sister murders her beautiful sister out of jealousy, drowns her in the river, and then later has to listen to a violin made from her dead sister's hair and/or bones, come back to haunt her in revenge.

Last edited:
Is a real skeleton sturdy enough for this kind of thing? In other words, will the guitar still be playable 20 years from now because it won't break so easily if its taken care of well enough?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Is a real skeleton sturdy enough for this kind of thing? In other words, will the guitar still be playable 20 years from now because it won't break so easily if its taken care of well enough?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Holly cuts right to the bone of what's really important here in a practical way. :rock:

Say, what if this cat was playing this guitar and another musician joined him playing the bones?

You know, if he put hinges on those ribs he could have several capos ready to flip down at a moment's notice.

just an attention-seeking stunt. Not very true to black metal ethos if you ask me.
First thing I thought was why didn't he put the bridge nearer the pelvis so he wouldn't be restricted by the rib cage which must make it virtually unplayable...err no that's not true, the first thing I felt was - heave, vomit! But after that. Not surprising he is sat down but he surely doesn't play an entire heavy metal set in that position.

To my mind the heavy metal of the late sixties early seventies was fantastic but it was all over by 1975 with the advent of punk and new wave. I hated the eighties reincarnations.
Middle-aged hippies in camp glam rock outfits. Vocalists with skinny high pitched eardrum bursting squeals and to cap it all that pathetic 'prince of darkness' crap. Ozzy Osborn is a great laugh and nobody you would want to go out on the piss with, better, but let's face it Black Sabbath were shite. Van Halen far worse. All culminating with 'Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter' - (Jesus wept and had every right to do so) Iron Maiden. The only thing disturbing was they all bought into the same childish and boring bollocks.
Band after band, album after album, track after track. Their worst crime was it sounded so dated and as boring as a sack of rotten spuds. Of course, there were still some good lead guitar solos but by that time you couldn't tell how much was the gismo's, or talent and ability as you could now play lead guitar on a synth. It never took off in the UK so I suppose 'Prince Midnight'...I think he was called...yawn! Playing his uncles bones is exactly the sick and fitting tribute fans of that genre will crave!

Poor buggers!

just an attention-seeking stunt. Not very true to black metal ethos if you ask me.
First thing I thought was why didn't he put the bridge nearer the pelvis so he wouldn't be restricted by the rib cage which must make it virtually unplayable...err no that's not true, the first thing I felt was - heave, vomit! But after that. Not surprising he is sat down but he surely doesn't play an entire heavy metal set in that position.

To my mind the heavy metal of the late sixties early seventies was fantastic but it was all over by 1975 with the advent of punk and new wave. I hated the eighties reincarnations.
Middle-aged hippies in camp glam rock outfits. Vocalists with skinny high pitched eardrum bursting squeals and to cap it all that pathetic 'prince of darkness' crap. Ozzy Osborn is a great laugh and nobody you would want to go out on the piss with, better, but let's face it Black Sabbath were shite. Van Halen far worse. All culminating with 'Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter' - (Jesus wept and had every right to do so) Iron Maiden. The only thing disturbing was they all bought into the same childish and boring bollocks.
Band after band, album after album, track after track. Their worst crime was it sounded so dated and as boring as a sack of rotten spuds. Of course, there were still some good lead guitar solos but by that time you couldn't tell how much was the gismo's, or talent and ability as you could now play lead guitar on a synth. It never took off in the UK so I suppose 'Prince Midnight'...I think he was called...yawn! Playing his uncles bones is exactly the sick and fitting tribute fans of that genre will crave!

Poor buggers!

Well obviously black metal music is not for everyone. I especially wouldn't expect someone who is still trapped in the 70s to understand. But for those of us who do "get it", there is a wealth of variety to be found in the genre, and surprising moments of beauty.

Poor buggers!

Well obviously black metal music is not for everyone. I especially wouldn't expect someone who is still trapped in the 70s to understand. But for those of us who do "get it", there is a wealth of variety to be found in the genre, and surprising moments of beauty.

I said it ended in the seventies - And so I moved on!
What is there to 'get'?
Surprising moments of beauty you say...like in biting a chicken's head off?
So you recommend I bring my daughter to the slaughter?
Did you take yours?
Fair enough though I believe its everyone to their own and if you like it that is all that really matters.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Holly cuts right to the bone of what's really important here in a practical way. :rock:
Thank you. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Forum List

Back