How Obamacare Is Ruining Health Insurance

Health savings accounts are great for offsetting deductibles.

yes and also a great way to encourage people to pay for their own health care and thus shop for a good price and quality ratio. Why not expand HSAs until you have something very close to a capitalist health care system.

yes and also a great way to encourage people to pay for their own health care and thus shop for a good price and quality ratio. Why not expand HSAs until you have something very close to a capitalist health care system.

Yep..the wife and I have used them for years.
It's nice to know there wont be any surprises if something were to happen.
If I remember correctly Dr. Carson championed them. But his idea involved starting them when you turned sixteen so by the time you reached an age that you'd really need them you would have sufficient savings to deal with most problems and you could support it with a lower cost insurance policy.

Yep..the wife and I have used them for years.
It's nice to know there wont be any surprises if something were to happen.
If I remember correctly Dr. Carson championed them. But his idea involved starting them when you turned sixteen so by the time you reached an age that you'd really need them you would have sufficient savings to deal with most problems and you could support it with a lower cost insurance policy.

yes half the issue is getting people to spend their own money on health care rather than have govt steal their money and spend it for them. the other half would require new laws so providers would have to compete on the basis of price and quality.

No, it is not. It is a system that makes sure all have decent health insurance, which is a national security issue, among other things.

It does no such thing and is no such issue, Jake, but you already knew that.
I already knew you can't accept facts. Yes, it does, and, yes, it is a national security issue.
Obesity is a national security issue.

The rest of us are for the most part doing just fine.

Time for you go on a diet.

Obesity is a national security issue.

The rest of us are for the most part doing just fine.

Health savings account work well for those who have high deductible healthcare insurance but don't do much for those who have no healthcare insurance. Also, many families/individuals just plain can't afford healthcare insurance,,still. Almost half American households live check-to-check thanks to decades of flat wages. So how are healthcare savings accounts going to be the answer for that segment of the American public?
One thing that has to be done is holding down the cost of healthcare. Most healthcare insurance companies know that most Americans just plain don't take care of themselves. They seem to be the only ones trying to do something about keeping healthcare costs down by encouraging a healthy life style. They offer to pay most of or all of a person's membership to a health club and they offer up healthy menus so their membership eats healthier. People bitch about the government getting involved in American's diets, but if people followed their suggestions, it would be for the betterment of the welfare of this country.
Another thing that drives up the price of healthcare is the uninsured. The insured pay for those who don't have insurance and get treatment.
Study: Insured Paying Higher ‘Hidden Tax’ For Uninsured Health Care
Study Insured Paying Higher 8216 Hidden Tax 8217 For Uninsured Health Care Kaiser Health News
The bottom line is America has to tackle the high cost of healthcare. The cost of healthcare is eating up this country's GDP and that isn't healthy for the US at all. Just ask any economist.

Anyone else notice when Obama got elected all of a sudden everything in our country was broken and it needed him to fix it?

heath care
Now immigration
the auto industry
THE WHOLE Frikken world

and his base just sits and goes BAAAAAAA

The bottom line is America has to tackle the high cost of healthcare. .
impossible as long as Democrats wont back the switch to capitalism which would lower prices by 80% and add 5-20 years to our life spans.

What isn't capitalistic about the US healthcare system.
The US has the most capitalistic healthcare system on the world, which explains why the US has the most expensive healthcare system in the world by leas and bounds.
Other country's government negotiate healthcare providers, thus their lower costs, the US doesn't and we have the highest cost on every little think when it comes to healthcare.
Ed, can you provided evidence to your claim "switch to capitalism which would lower prices by 80% and add 5-20 years to our life spans". Please no conjecture, just hardcore evidence Ed. And explain if the US healthcare system isn't capitalistic, what is it then?

100% stupid and liberal as always . OMG!!Medicare Medicaid VA Schip Tricare Obamacare, and a ban on interstate competition are 100% not capitalism. A tiny tiny child would know this, just not a typical liberal. Ask yourself, dear, do you have the IQ to be here as a typical liberal?

Ed, can you provided evidence to your claim "switch to capitalism which would lower prices by 80% and add 5-20 years to our life spans".

dear, we have seen over and over what happens under liberalism. Look at China, under liberalism 60 million slowly starved to death while in a blink the switch to capitalism enabled that many to buy cars!!

Its so incredible that as a liberal you lack the IQ to observe these basic things that have happened right under your nose. How is such ignorance possible?

100% stupid and liberal as always . OMG!!Medicare Medicaid VA Schip Tricare Obamacare, and a ban on interstate competition are 100% not capitalism. A tiny tiny child would know this, just not a typical liberal. Ask yourself, dear, do you have the IQ to be here as a typical liberal?

No, Medicare, Medicaid and Tricare take care of the elderly and the poor.
The "ban on interstate competition" is patently false. Each state has their own set of rules and regulations the healthcare providers must abide to, it's called States Rights.

Last edited:
Ed, can you provided evidence to your claim "switch to capitalism which would lower prices by 80% and add 5-20 years to our life spans".

dear, we have seen over and over what happens under liberalism. Look at China, under liberalism 60 million slowly starved to death while in a blink the switch to capitalism enabled that many to buy cars!!

Its so incredible that as a liberal you lack the IQ to observe these basic things that have happened right under your nose. How is such ignorance possible?

China has socialized medicine, their healthcare cost per capita is $322, the US's cost per capita is $8,985.* Do you want to continue to compare China and the US?
Anyway, answer my questions that I posed to you in post 31. Of course you won't, you won't use facts to back yourself up. No, just the same ole' Ed B dribble of nothing substantiated, just 100% fantasy and conjecture.
Why am I wasting some time with you? I'm just waiting for dinner and have nothing better to do, for now.
*Health expenditure per capita current US Data Table

Last edited:
Do you want to continue to compare China and the US?

dear, China just switched to capitalism and eliminated 40% of the entire world's poverty. Can you tell us the lesson you learned from that?

China has socialized medicine, their healthcare cost per capita is $322, the US's cost per capita is $8,985.* Do you want to continue to compare China and the US?
Anyway, answer my questions that I posed to you in post 31. Of course you won't, you won't use facts to back yourself up. No, just the same ole' Ed B dribble of nothing substantiated, just 100% fantasy and conjecture.
Why am I wasting some time with you? I'm just waiting for dinner and have nothing better to do, for now.
*Health expenditure per capita current US Data Table

dear, we have seen the difference between capitalism and communism in East and West Germany. Can you tell us the lesson you learned from that?

The bottom line is America has to tackle the high cost of healthcare. .
impossible as long as Democrats wont back the switch to capitalism which would lower prices by 80% and add 5-20 years to our life spans.

Time for request number 3. Prove your specific point with documentation and that is "capitalism which would lower prices by 80% and add 5-20 years to our life spans". If you can't prove your point, it's time for little Eddie B to go home and change his diapers.
You haven't proven a fucking thing yet Ed, all we have seen from you is bullshit.
It's time Ed.

Well Ed, I had a delicious dinner made by lovely wife. Afterwards we sat in front of the fire, chatted while sipping a glass of Merlot. Now it's time to go to bed, I have a busy day ahead of me.
And the whole time you never came back with an answer to my questions. Of course that was to be expected.
Your time is up. You again, proved to be a waste of time.

Forum List

Back