How much of the Mix can Renewables be?

Subsidies are spent for wages and materials, which returns the money to the general economy. Money doesn't just disappear.

We could pay homeless people to run in giant hamster wheels to generate clean power.
That would also reduce the crime they commit to feed their drug habits.

That's a win/win/win. I might have missed a couple of wins in there.

Probably because lumber companies get more money from the government to give wood pulp to biomass plants to produce energy.

I know a lot of conservatives are loath to watch a "Micheal Moore documentary," but the shit he reveals about Al Gore at the end, is priceless. He pulls no punches.

Some East Coast wood mills were making big bucks by turning perfectly good trees (a carbon sink) into wood pellets, shipping them across the Atlantic (on fossil fuel burning ships) to be burned for clean, renewable green energy to meet European green mandates.

We could pay homeless people to run in giant hamster wheels to generate clean power.

You make a good point. "Muscle power" is pretty clean, depending on what the person eats in order to produce it.

I don't know if you realize this but there is a paper shortage. allegedly. I know printer businesses cannot get paper.
There is a glut of waste paper that has no market. Businesses don't want recycled printer paper, thus the need for virgin pulp, and, supply shortages.

Last edited:
You make a good point. "Muscle power" is pretty clean, depending on what the person eats in order to produce it.
qmZ-o_8-Wq-G0Htc5wVcPMN_fmSqAvqcpxO0Rder1XA.jpg

Actually, prisoners should produce their own electricity by muscle power means. The savings would provide restitution for their victims.

Forum List

Back