Zone1 How much of an influence was the introduction of crack cocaine on the black community? Netflix Documentary

1671963446172.jpeg

Crack in the ghetto, and possibly money from george soros produced democrats like this

So I just ran across a Netflix documentary called "Crack: Cocaine, Corruption and Conspiracy"

Looking only at the preview you get by hovering over it, a man says that "when crack came along, it changed everything about the black community, and America."

I'm sure that is hyperbole, but I remember the stories in the eighties of people trying it, becoming quickly addicted, and then selling everything they owned in a few days, then turning to theft, prostitution and homelessness in their quest for the drug. The news especially liked to runs such stories with a white college girls as the instantly addicted victim.

Were they true? Urban legends? I'm sure it happened to some people. I'm guessing that rapid gambling addictions can happen also, but very rarely.

But did crack wreak that kind of havoc on a large enough percent of the black community to make a significant change for the worst at a time when they were finally recognized as fully equal and were rising socially and economically?

If so, is that white people's fault? No doubt that if the market was flooded with crack, it was high level drug dealers who flooded it. Were they white businessmen? Italian gangsters? Yakuza? Russians or other East European immigrants?

Or could it have been a primarily black operation from start to finish, production, distribution and retail marketing all by black entrepreneurs? I don't know the answers. I'm asking for opinions and fact.

I'll let you know what the documentary says, I just wanted to see what the perception is among posters on here.
Not trying to derail your thread, but have you noticed how differently White opiod abusers are treated compared to the typical Black crack user? With the White drug users it's always "Oh, you poor thing. Let's get you some medical help, counselling and therapy."
With the Black crack users it was "Arrest them. Throw them in jail. They are criminals if they use crack".
Big difference, huh? :confused-84:

Not trying to derail your thread, but have you noticed how differently White opiod abusers are treated compared to the typical Black crack user? With the White drug users it's always "Oh, you poor thing. Let's get you some medical help, counselling and therapy."
With the Black crack users it was "Arrest them. Throw them in jail. They are criminals if they use crack".
No derailment. It is a fair point that is on-topic to the thread. Poor Blacks were targeted with cheap and addictive crack, just as they are targeted with cheap lottery tickes, cheap fortified wine and beer, and cheap unhealthy fast food. Then they are ridiculed for being fat, drunk and high.

The establishment is also being much more proactive to help people avoid opiod addiction. I don't know if it is regulations or guidelines from professional organizations or both, but doctors are much more reluctant to prescribe opiods, even for legitimate pain patients. What did they do for crack users except arrest them?

Black community leaders are the ones who demanded severe penalties for crack dealers and users who were destroying their communities. I can remember the demands and public outcry they raised,

Black community leaders are the ones who demanded severe penalties for crack dealers and users who were destroying their communities. I can remember the demands and public outcry they raised,
You memory is a lot different than mine. Seems to me it was the White politicians (Bill Clinton, Joe Biden with their 1994 Crime bill) and local police departments who wanted to severely punish crack users.

No derailment. It is a fair point that is on-topic to the thread. Poor Blacks were targeted with cheap and addictive crack, just as they are targeted with cheap lottery tickes, cheap fortified wine and beer, and cheap unhealthy fast food. Then they are ridiculed for being fat, drunk and high.

The establishment is also being much more proactive to help people avoid opiod addiction. I don't know if it is regulations or guidelines from professional organizations or both, but doctors are much more reluctant to prescribe opiods, even for legitimate pain patients. What did they do for crack users except arrest them?
:thankusmile: Every word you said is 100% true.

Generally a bro hate da poke. Not a lot of needle use. Heroin is expensive and meth is complicated.
Enter: Fenny !
That's a very naïve take. No one knowingly takes Fentanyl, it's an ingredient that makes anything more addictive. Heroin IS expensive, but people are hooked, they end up selling everything they have and turning to crime for the next fix. I've seen the track marks in peoples arms, in the webbing in their hands, on their feet. Meth is a bit complicated, but can be made by anyone, especially if they switch the ingredients up.

So I just ran across a Netflix documentary called "Crack: Cocaine, Corruption and Conspiracy"

Looking only at the preview you get by hovering over it, a man says that "when crack came along, it changed everything about the black community, and America."

I'm sure that is hyperbole, but I remember the stories in the eighties of people trying it, becoming quickly addicted, and then selling everything they owned in a few days, then turning to theft, prostitution and homelessness in their quest for the drug. The news especially liked to runs such stories with a white college girls as the instantly addicted victim.

Were they true? Urban legends? I'm sure it happened to some people. I'm guessing that rapid gambling addictions can happen also, but very rarely.

But did crack wreak that kind of havoc on a large enough percent of the black community to make a significant change for the worst at a time when they were finally recognized as fully equal and were rising socially and economically?

If so, is that white people's fault? No doubt that if the market was flooded with crack, it was high level drug dealers who flooded it. Were they white businessmen? Italian gangsters? Yakuza? Russians or other East European immigrants?

Or could it have been a primarily black operation from start to finish, production, distribution and retail marketing all by black entrepreneurs? I don't know the answers. I'm asking for opinions and fact.

I'll let you know what the documentary says, I just wanted to see what the perception is among posters on here.
A race of people is not responsible for what an individual decides to pollute their body with.

I haven’t seen white addicts being coddled.

Dig deeper than what that documentary gives you and you'll find some answers you may not like. Our government has long been suspected of introducing crack into low income areas. Was it done on purpose? Of course it was. Should we be surprised? Not after all the "studies" they have done on people that involve LSD and other psychotropics.

Forum List

Back