How much more do you pay to government than you get back?

In Virginia, I have to save for teachers and state workers' pensions, who get to retire at 55 with 80% of their salaries, yet teachers and state workers don't save for my retirement, and no one I know in the private sector will be retired at 55. Funny how our GOP governor and elected officials dodge this issue whenever its brought up.

Last time I checked teachers pay taxes along with educating your children. They are providing a service and get paid to do so, if you can't stand it so much become a teacher.

Last time I checked, farmers pay taxes and feed your children
Last time I checked, pajama manufactureres pay taxes and clothe your children
Last time I checked, car seat manufacturers pay taxes and protect your children frpm possible serious injury and/ or death.

Sort of just sayin'

from what I pay in I get a great deal back.

I get an entire military to protect me and my family.

I get an awesome infrastructure that many in the world envy.

I get to see children learning instead of working in sweat shops.

I get to see the elderly taken care of instead of begging on the streets while they die.

I get to sleep knowing that a sick or injured person can get treated instead of being left on the street to die.

So many of you ONLY value your pocket book and dont value the human beings standing right next to you.

You see your fellow man as just assholes who are going to try and freeload off of you.

You have no belief that YOU are a better person when you help others.

I hope this country rejects your selfish and inhuman hate for anyone who needs their brothers hand.

from what I pay in I get a great deal back.

I get an entire military to protect me and my family.

I get an awesome infrastructure that many in the world envy.

I get to see children learning instead of working in sweat shops.

I get to see the elderly taken care of instead of begging on the streets while they die.

I get to sleep knowing that a sick or injured person can get treated instead of being left on the street to die.

So many of you ONLY value your pocket book and dont value the human beings standing right next to you.

You see your fellow man as just assholes who are going to try and freeload off of you.

You have no belief that YOU are a better person when you help others.

I hope this country rejects your selfish and inhuman hate for anyone who needs their brothers hand.

Each and every point of charity you list here is valid, and IMHO, worthy.
However;
Why is it the domain of our federal government to enforce charity on others?

It ain't.

Personally, I like to pick my charities. Not have the Govt pick em for me. I do get sick and tired of supporting the deadbeats who contribute nothing but have no problem taking.

I get no current benefit from the $1,000 or so in school taxes I pay yearly.
More than you may think. It serves your security to have all those kids who are coming up be educated and able to earn a living instead of turning to crime. If they are denied an opportunity for a decent job because of the lack of a decent education they'll take their cue from Willie Sutton who did not go beyond the 8th grade of school. Sutton, when asked why he robbed banks said, "because that's where the money is."

("Go where the money is...and go there often." )

Street smart young understand too well that old folks, in their opinion, "have all the money," they usually post no guards, they are push-overs, and so they make good targets. The best targets will be those older people who have owned a business, and people think they have done well in life.

Of course if you have any, you may want your grand-kids and great grand-kids get an education too.

More than you may think. It serves your security to have all those kids who are coming up be educated and able to earn a living instead of turning to crime. If they are denied an opportunity for a decent job because of the lack of a decent education they'll take their cue from Willie Sutton who did not go beyond the 8th grade of school. Sutton, when asked why he robbed banks said, "because that's where the money is."

Street smart young understand too well that old folks, in their opinion, "have all the money," they usually post no guards, they are push-overs, and so they make good targets. The best targets will be those older people who have owned a business, and people think they have done well in life.

Of course if you have any, you may want your grand-kids and great grand-kids get an education too.

I pack Iron. I am that crazy old nam vet down the road that will shoot your ass.

I have no problems with crime that persist for any length of time.

The grandchildren have education trusts I set up for them.

My friend usc would agree with you.
He was merely making the statement that no money comes back to him directly.

I truely wish people in this country would realise the great benifits of an educated work force.

It improves life so much and make economic sucess so much easier for any country.

America has lost its soul I'm afraid.

It ain't.

Personally, I like to pick my charities. Not have the Govt pick em for me.I do get sick and tired of supporting the deadbeats who contribute nothing but have no problem taking .

This is what she said

I pack Iron. I am that crazy old nam vet down the road that will shoot your ass.

I have no problems with crime that persist for any length of time.

The grandchildren have education trusts I set up for them.

I realize you are speaking for yourself. I'm much too aware of the young who roam the streets at night. Why are they out there? Might I become a target of opportunity? An old friend, a WWII vet who had owned a good sized construction company and was thought to have some real assets in his retirement, was found murdered on a lonely county road, shot in the head in his own pick-up truck with his home having been ransacked. (Everyone knew he had won some combat "medals") I wonder why that crime was never solved by the local constabulary?

Last edited:
The problem with the youth roaming the streets at night and the resulting crime has nothing to do with the decline in parenting skills in America?

The problem with the youth roaming the streets at night and the resulting crime has nothing to do with the decline in parenting skills in America?
Sure it has, and the number of kids who don't complete high-school mostly derives from the same lack of parenting skills.

And we had these same problems back before we had public schools?

Being uneducated in a big city setting is a lot different than being uneducated in a rural setting.

I get back more than I pay.

Most Social Security receipients receive more in benefits than they pay during their lifetime

In just a little while most medicare reciepients get back more in medical benefits than they paid in.

Druing this recession some are getting medicaid benefits since they have no job/income/insurance.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back