How much avoidable D self Inflicted Injury and how much wasn't?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Nancy Pelosi with her impeachment comedy is aiding Biden and other centrist D candidates, but not Berne, Pocahontas or any other leftist D candidates At this point the best Pelosi can hope for is to minimize losses in the election and seats lost to reapportionment. With the squad to deal with and the DOJ investigation it strikes me as unlikely that Pelosi will be able to achieve even her most minimalist goals. What say you?

I don't believe she and the Party can recover from the four years of abject nonsense (from July 2016) in which they have engaged. They have nothing to show for it.

In my opinion, the modern-day Democratic Party.

kirk.gif

Nancy Pelosi with her impeachment comedy is aiding Biden and other centrist D candidates, but not Berne, Pocahontas or any other leftist D candidates At this point the best Pelosi can hope for is to minimize losses in the election and seats lost to reapportionment. With the squad to deal with and the DOJ investigation it strikes me as unlikely that Pelosi will be able to achieve even her most minimalist goals. What say you?

"It shouldn’t come as a shock that Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) isn’t a fan of former Vice President Joe Biden. He’s old, white, and a fixture of the old guard. He’s also not progressive enough. In an interview with New York magazine, she declared that she and Biden wouldn’t be in the same party in any other country and alluded that the current Democratic Party is too conservative (via The Hill):

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) has highlighted the ideological differences between herself and former Vice President Joe Biden, telling New York magazine that she and the presidential candidate would not be members of the same political party in other countries.

“In any other country, Joe Biden and I would not be in the same party, but in America, we are,” Ocasio-Cortez told the publication in a profile piece on her published on Monday."
Yeah, Based On These Remarks, It's Pretty Clear Ocasio-Cortez Isn't A Fan Of How The 2020 Race Is Going

The calculus is that a 40-state landslide if better than one that encompasses losing all of the 57 states that the Muslim former President referred to.

The Ds are staring down party splits, loss of seats, corruption investigations, voter fraud allegations and who knows what else

The dog and pony show is what it's all about.

Keep the base whipped up good and frothy. And they've done everything they can, from Day 1 "Rooooshins" to now with this Impeachment.

This will appeal to, or be overlooked by, their base.

The more important question for them is how it will play with swing voters and in swing states. That is a difficult question to really put your finger on in terms of an answer.

I think they'll have to keep their foot on the gas on this utterly negative campaign. They're all in and have put themselves on a set of rails there. And that's what this all is, all of their protestations about 'for the good of the country' notwithstanding.

Their larger problem is that when looking at the larger picture, (It's the economy stupid) I think this is going to be a problem for them. Voters will have to consider whether #orangemanbad overcomes #economyprettygood.

If Trump plays this properly and focuses on the economy and the failed predictions of the left, as well as his victories, this leaves them little, IMO, except more of the same.

I have a feeling that this Orangemanbad isn't going to carry the election for them, but really it's all they have to run on at this point, aside from the usual pie in the sky promises which, again, likely don't resonate with swing voters.

The simple demographics may favor them, though. Women and minorities are not big fans of Trump and that may well be enough. Going to be an interesting campaign season....

I am perfectly fine with making Trump run as an Impeached President

Let him explain his “perfect” phone call with Zelensky

Keep the base whipped up good and frothy. And they've done everything they can, from Day 1 "Rooooshins" to now with this Impeachment.

The more important question for them is how it will play with swing voters and in swing states. That is a difficult question to really put your finger on in terms of an answer.

I think they'll have to keep their foot on the gas on this utterly negative campaign. They're all in and have put themselves on a set of rails there. And that's what this all is, all of their protestations about 'for the good of the country' notwithstanding.

Their larger problem is that when looking at the larger picture, (It's the economy stupid) I think this is going to be a problem for them. Voters will have to consider whether #orangemanbad overcomes #economyprettygood.

If Trump plays this properly and focuses on the economy and the failed predictions of the left, as well as his victories, this leaves them little, IMO, except more of the same.

I have a feeling that this Orangemanbad isn't going to carry the election for them, but really it's all they have to run on at this point, aside from the usual pie in the sky promises which, again, likely don't resonate with swing voters.

The simple demographics may favor them, though. Women and minorities are not big fans of Trump and that may well be enough. Going to be an interesting campaign season....
Trump made plenty of promises last go round, most have not been kept. He may have trouble convincing voters to give him another 4 years to make good on those promises. Or not.

Trump made plenty of promises last go round, most have not been kept. He may have trouble convincing voters to give him another 4 years to make good on those promises. Or not.

True, of course. No president keeps them all.

He'll focus on his strengths, promises kept, and other victories. The dems will try to focus on things undone and/or what they see as his failures.

Thing is I think the Dems need more than just slings and arrows. Right now, and there's a long way to go obviously, getting rid of Trump is the primary message it would seem to me. The problem I see for them in general there as that the country is humming along. Bumps here and there, obviously, but none of the utter catastrophic failures predicted by, and some would say hoped for, by the Dems.

The economy didn't utterly tank. He didn't drag us into another war and has pulled back in some areas. He has worked on the trade issue. He has made progress on stemming the flow of illegal immigrants through various means.

I think a lot of people support some of the things he's done on trade (Big Promise kept, BTW) and other things such as taking out a couple of very high-profile terrrorists, and, in general, the economy is decent, people are working and it's going to be an uphill climb, IMO, to convince them that it isn't.

He does have victories and accomplishments and has done enough on trade and immigration to keep his base intact, IMO.

Trump is in a good position, IMO, and certainly better than going in last time around. The dems need to come up with something solid other than 'Trump Sucks', as, IMO, that's not going to be enough.

Then why would you post in his thread, you dunce???
A question was asked dumbass.

I have always wondered about those call-in polls, "I agree," or "I don't agree," and what sort of imbecile calls in to state "no opinion."

I guess we know now....you.

By the way, imbecile....your statement "A question was asked dumbass." requires a comma after "asked," 'else it implies your appellation applies to the questioner.

Gads, you're a moron.

Last edited:
This is what happens when current political brawls are brought to the CDZ.. Our members just CANNOT do it with "civil conversation"... Please confine these flaming discussions to Zone 2 forums...

Moved to Politics...

Forum List

Back