How Many USMBers Will Contract Covid-19?

Would you share w/the board if you contracted Covid-19 Coronavirus?

• I'm a conservative, and I wouldn't tell you.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I'm a conservative, and I would let you know.

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • I'm an independent, and I wouldn't tell you.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm an independent, and I would let you know.

• I'm a liberal, and I wouldn't tell you.

• I'm a liberal, and I would let you knowt.

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
Share that on this board, I don't know as it is a very personal experience.

Share it with your family

On a message board, Yeah right, but hey there are some who would be gracious about it and that is what it is

I

And would you share w/the board if you did?
Youd cry for your mommy to bring ya the cocktail ya dopey butthurt half a fag

1585056724444.png

deathstarcoronavirus2.jpg

The young man who posted on youtube how it felt to have COVID-19 and be quarantined was pretty brave. He was most effective when he described how he had to lie down after going from one room to another because he had trouble breathing. He said it was like an elephant sitting on his chest. The other thing I remember was he saying that he was quarantined for over forty days and missed the interaction with people face-to-face. He had to do that via phone or his computer.

To answer your question, I don't know and there is no option for it on your poll. The other weird thing is you have to reveal your politics and this is a GD forum. Why do you ask the question in your poll like that?

The young man who posted on youtube how it felt to have COVID-19 and be quarantined was pretty brave. He was most effective when he described how he had to lie down after going from one room to another because he had trouble breathing. He said it was like an elephant sitting on his chest. The other thing I remember was he saying that he was quarantined for over forty days and missed the interaction with people face-to-face. He had to do that via phone or his computer.

To answer your question, I don't know and there is no option for it on your poll. The other weird thing is you have to reveal your politics and this is a GD forum. Why do you ask the question in your poll like that?
We're on a political site.

And would you share w/the board if you did?
I may have had it last December.

We didnt know about it. We weren't testing for it. Everybody, including myself got a mild flu then that lasted a couple days, and we moved on.

This thing may have already been here and most of us have an immunity to it. I dont expect to get it, but I'll be sure to let you know if I get the flu over the next couple months

A bit over a week ago, my wife came home early from work. She was freaking out, because she was sure that she had COVID-19, and had been to several urgent-care centers trying to get checked, and she was turned away everywhere she tried.

A few days later, she was able to get an online consultation with a doctor, who concluded that she •MIGHT• have COVID-19. We'll never know for sure, because test kits for it are scarce, and being reserved for “high-risk” patients, which she is not. Anyway, she's under instructions to stay quarantined for two weeks, starting a week ago.

If what she most recently had is this big scary disease that everyone is freaking out about, then I'm not impressed. She routinely catches nasty flu-like diseases at work, that make her a lot sicker than she's been this time. And since my injury, almost seven months ago, my immune system has become weaker than before, and when she's brought some disease home from work, I've usually caught it too. I am “high-risk”, due to my age, my diabetes, and my temporarily-weakened immune system, and so far, I haven't shown any symptoms at all of this disease. I dare say that right now, I am as healthy as I have ever been in the time since my accident, albeit not as healthy as I generally was before then.

———

The timing of this hysteria is bad for me. I'm not recovered enough to return to my usual work, but I am at the point where, to continue recovering, I really need to be getting out and doing workish things. My employer, the Workers' Comp people, and whomever else are involved have been trying to get me in a position where I am working at a charitable organization, and being paid by my employer as if I was doing construction work—in effect, my employer donating what labor I can provide to charity. But the COVID-19 panic is squashing the opportunities for me to do such work.

If this whole thing had come and gone before my accident, or after I've recovered enough to return to regular work, I'd have been able to keep working through it. Construction is among the professions deemed “essential”, and my company is keeping most of its workers fully-employed. After my accident, for several months, I wasn't capable of doing any useful work anyway, and seldom left home, so the COVID-19 panic would have had little impact on me. It's just the one point in my recovery, when I really need to go out and engage in work-like activities, that fit my current physical limitations, that the COVID-19 hysteria is denying me the opportunities to do so.

Contraction of 2019-nCoV may or may not be the cause of the disease. The CDC, the Chinese, and the World Health Organization, at this point, have no scientific studies proving these conclusions.

The mass media is gas-lighting everyone that the test tells them something, it doesn't. Nothing necessarily conclusive and useful at least. Some folks are asymptomatic and never come down with it, others, need chest x-rays and CATScans to find it instead.

If you follow the corporate propaganda, you don't have a clue what is going on.

"Results are for the identification of 2019-nCoV RNA. The 2019-nCoV RNA is generally detectable in upper and lower respiratory specimens during infection. Positive results are indicative of active infection with 2019-nCoV but do not rule out bacterial infection or co-infection with other viruses. The agent detected may not be the definite cause of disease. Laboratories within the United States and its territories are required to report all positive results to the appropriate public health authorities.Negative results do not preclude 2019-nCoV infection and should not be used as the sole basis for treatment or other patient management decisions. Negative results must be combined with clinical observations, patient history, and epidemiological information. Testing with the CDC 2019-nCoV Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel is intended for use by trained laboratory personnel who are proficient in performing real-time RT-PCR assays. The CDC 2019-Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel is only for use under a Food and Drug Administration’s Emergency Use Authorization"

page. 45

If that is not enough comes a study published in the NIH indicating a false positive result in 80.3% of tests.

Capture-19.png

Last edited:

Because he's a hateful liberal lunatic.

I'm more than 50% sure I have already had it.

I would like to be tested, to know for sure.

A bit over a week ago, my wife came home early from work. She was freaking out, because she was sure that she had COVID-19, and had been to several urgent-care centers trying to get checked, and she was turned away everywhere she tried.

A few days later, she was able to get an online consultation with a doctor, who concluded that she •MIGHT• have COVID-19. We'll never know for sure, because test kits for it are scarce, and being reserved for “high-risk” patients, which she is not. Anyway, she's under instructions to stay quarantined for two weeks, starting a week ago.

If what she most recently had is this big scary disease that everyone is freaking out about, then I'm not impressed. She routinely catches nasty flu-like diseases at work, that make her a lot sicker than she's been this time. And since my injury, almost seven months ago, my immune system has become weaker than before, and when she's brought some disease home from work, I've usually caught it too. I am “high-risk”, due to my age, my diabetes, and my temporarily-weakened immune system, and so far, I haven't shown any symptoms at all of this disease. I dare say that right now, I am as healthy as I have ever been in the time since my accident, albeit not as healthy as I generally was before then.

———

The timing of this hysteria is bad for me. I'm not recovered enough to return to my usual work, but I am at the point where, to continue recovering, I really need to be getting out and doing workish things. My employer, the Workers' Comp people, and whomever else are involved have been trying to get me in a position where I am working at a charitable organization, and being paid by my employer as if I was doing construction work—in effect, my employer donating what labor I can provide to charity. But the COVID-19 panic is squashing the opportunities for me to do such work.

If this whole thing had come and gone before my accident, or after I've recovered enough to return to regular work, I'd have been able to keep working through it. Construction is among the professions deemed “essential”, and my company is keeping most of its workers fully-employed. After my accident, for several months, I wasn't capable of doing any useful work anyway, and seldom left home, so the COVID-19 panic would have had little impact on me. It's just the one point in my recovery, when I really need to go out and engage in work-like activities, that fit my current physical limitations, that the COVID-19 hysteria is denying me the opportunities to do so.
Didn't our President declare that "anyone who wants to get tested can get it?"

What do you make of that unkept promise??

That said, I hope you folk get better soon.

A test would show you nothing.

OTH, you could have your blood checked for antibodies, which would be far more time consuming and expensive. . . .

Tests only show either active infections, or whether you are clear, they do not show whether you have had it. The only way to show that, is a blood test.

A test would show you nothing.

OTH, you could have your blood checked for antibodies, which would be far more time consuming and expensive. . . .

Tests only show either active infections, or whether you are clear, they do not show whether you have had it. The only way to show that, is a blood test.
Blood test is what I had in mind and probably not worth the time and money. I had a bad flu after eating at a local China Buffet and the staff was (away from the food) coughing, clearly fighting upper respiratory problems. Etc.

My wife and i were sick for two weeks after. . . And about a month and a half latern COVID-19 broke big.

It would be good to know if I might have already beat it.

Thats all

Forum List

Back