How many pro-legal abortion people are motivated by something other than choice?

What is your primary motivation for supporting abortion?

• Belief in overpopulation and imminent negative effects resulting from it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A desire for a lower human population for other reasons (please explain below)

• Belief in VHE (voluntary human extinction) on the grounds that humans are a parasite

• Belief in VHE for other reasons (please explain below)

• Total voters
I feel like certain elements here have already totally missed the point of this thread. It was intended for those affiliated with the pro-choice label to come out and explain their actual motivations for supporting this - whether they're really in it to defend choice in that specific instance or for some other reason. I thought it would be fair to give people a chance to speak for themselves rather than have the same old bullshit where the only people speaking for anyone are their side and the other one.

Hi Pedro de San Patricio
Are you for separation of church and state? some of the prolife Democrats push for complete
separation of federal funds from going into abortion.
What do you think of having a completely separate system of party beliefs
where members invest in their own programs there, and keep those out of govt?

so only things that all the public AGREES should be public are sanctioned for govt.
And the rest remains private like a church. (but political beliefs stay with that party).
I'm not entirely sure I follow what you're asking here. I believe that the state is and should remain secular and apathetic to religious matters. Are you saying that government should stay out of other controversial subjects as well?

Yes if people don't agree on political beliefs, why keep fighting over those?
Why not treat them as religious beliefs and only implement what is agreed on universally,
and keep whatever is a biased onesided belief to that party to implement through their own system
for their members who believe in that. Now, if they prove a program works, then they will have
a model to show that COULD be adopted into govt. but prove that it works first, don't push something
based on faith, and if it fails, both sides blame the other. this would also create programs for training
future leaders instead of jumping into federal positions and experimenting on taxpayers for 4 years.

Sometimes when talking to people under the pro-choice banner I can't help but get the feeling that many of them aren't actually motivated by giving women the choice to end their unborn offspring's life and just find giving lip service to this convenient for their own agenda. This is partially due to the sheer number I've encountered since getting educated about this issue who've bluntly stated things like that, such as in the quotes in my sig. I'm not sure if the population control and antinatalism people are even a minority compared to the genuinely choice motivated people at this point.

I thought the simplest and fairest way to find an answer to this question would be... well... to ask. I put together a small poll to do so. You can select one choice. You can't change it once you put it in, but you're more than welcome to explain your reasoning for your position. I ask that my fellow pro-lifers please not interfere with the results of this poll or harass people for their response and that the mods ensure this doesn't become too much of a flame war.

I'm strictly choice. I find abortion to be personally abhorrent. Its something I could never do. And something I would lose respect for a friend if she did. But just because I feel something is wrong doesn't mean I feel it should be illegal. I can oppose abortion personally while recognizing that the person in the best position to make that decision is the woman who is pregnant.

There have been some positive outcomes of abortion. Drops in crime for example. I don't think it makes abortion any better. But what is, is.

No one should ever have the power to control the production of another. Whatever the reason for the woman's CHOICE to abort, its no one's business but her's. Period.

When men can get pregnant, when men are forced to support their offspring, then they MIGHT deserve a say but they don't so, case closed.

If it were men's reproductive choice being discussed, every single of them would feel differently.

A sad irony is that the very people who are against the freedom to choose are also usually against any assistance to single mothers. If you're one of those who thinks women should be penalized for raising children alone, you have no right to any opinion whatsoever in the abortion question. If you're one who thinks children of single mothers should be naked and starving, stfu.

Forum List

Back