How long before Republicans start talking about the need to move Left to stay competitive?

Moving left from the extreme right would bring the GOP back to being conservative rather than radical. The GOP should forbid the term RINO
(watch this ladies and gentlemen)
Excuse me alang1216 which Republican policies are “extreme” and do not align with the core tenets of our foundational moral order?

(wait for this response ladies and gentlemen)

Moving left from the extreme right would bring the GOP back to being conservative rather than radical. The GOP should forbid the term RINO
What the lefties are suggesting is that principles dont matter and winning is all that counts

I reject that

Otherwise why have two parties at all?

I’m kinda already hearing it in Rightwing media….they aren’t being totally transparent with their wording quite yet but I suspect they’ll work their way up to it. Are there any Republicans here who think the Party should start moving Left?
Your thoughts?
No need to move ‘left’ – just practice actual, consistent conservatism.

Actual, consistent conservatism means a comprehensive application of small government, less government conservative dogma.

Small government, less government means opposing abortion bans, opposing bans on same-sex marriage, opposing voter ID laws, opposing other like manifestations of government excess and overreach.

It means, as noted, rejecting Trump and his cult.

It means rejecting the Christo-fascist right, Christian nationalism, and other religious extremists.

It means rejecting white grievance politics, racist replacement theory, and anti-immigrant nativism.

Start practicing actual, consistent conservatism and Republican will start winning elections.

I’m kinda already hearing it in Rightwing media….they aren’t being totally transparent with their wording quite yet but I suspect they’ll work their way up to it. Are there any Republicans here who think the Party should start moving Left?
Your thoughts?
McConnell, Romney, Liz Cheney did so years ago...

What the lefties are suggesting is that principles dont matter and winning is all that counts

I reject that

Otherwise why have two parties at all?
So what the voters want is less important than your ideology? Doesn't sound like democracy to me.

Your thoughts?
And once again, your Lord and Master has you convinced what you need to do right now is trash the Republican Party.

So what the voters want is less important than your ideology? Doesn't sound like democracy to me.
Some voters don't know what's best for them. We can only hope we have enough office holders in DC who will give the voters what they really need and not what they think they need.

And once again, your Lord and Master has you convinced what you need to do right now is trash the Republican Party.
Hahaha…the Republican Party as a whole has always been trash.
I hate “Republicans” almost as much as I hate leftist Democrats.
Traditional conservatism doesn’t sell in America and it‘s all the fault of traditional conservatives as they never conserved or preserved a damn thing.
I side with Conservatives, I vote with Conservatives BUT they are the most nutless, spineless, big mouth pieces of worthless dogshit that ever were. They sat on their hands and turned a blind eye to the emergence of fucked in the head leftists. They empowered the Left, they allowed them to write and enforce the PC rule book.
The Left told them what they could say, how and what to think and they rolled over and complied with a smile…they had to be “accepting”.
“Conservatives” didn’t have the balls to keep heterosexual white Christian males cool in a nation founded, built, run and funded by heterosexual white Christian males.
The Left has owned their sackless asses for decades....FUCK traditional Republicans / Conservatives!

What extreme right? Holding the line is a miracle as the Progs still moves left even if a bit slower.

What extreme right? Holding the line is a miracle as the Progs still moves left even if a bit slower.
alang1216 thinks it’s “EXTREME” to have States govern over the issue of baby killing…..he believes Father Federal Government should preside over the matter….but but but…Democracy!

Considering the elections are neck and neck there is no need to move left. It isn't like they only won less than 20% of the midterms or anything. It wasn't a total blowout by any means.

Really they just need to unify more is all it would take.

But their number one problem is cnn, MSNBC, cbs, abc, etc. They didn't report or greatly under reported on the republicans, they all were very much biased against them. If the msm were unbiased and only reported factual news the elections would have been different. A whole lot of people form all their opinions on what the msm says.

Your thoughts?
How 'bout they just move "normal" away from these whacko MAGA mother-fuckers. What ever happened to the William F. Buckley fiscal conservatives?

The gop hasn't moved at all, they are still right where they were 20 years.

The left moved so far left that it now appears as if the right is extreme also when in reality they still stand for the same things they did before.

Hell the left moved so far left that even democrats like tulsi gabbard that didn't move with them now seems like a republican.

How 'bout they just move "normal" away from these whacko MAGA mother-fuckers. What ever happened to the William F. Buckley fiscal conservatives?
Neither crime family is moving left. If anything they’re both moving right, as they have been for some time.

They are using differences on cultural issues merely to divide Americans, so they can continue empowering and enriching themselves and the big donors.

Some voters don't know what's best for them. We can only hope we have enough office holders in DC who will give the voters what they really need and not what they think they need.
Sounds like a recipe for tyranny to me. Right wing tyranny is just as bad as Left wing tyranny.

alang1216 thinks it’s “EXTREME” to have States govern over the issue of baby killing…..he believes Father Federal Government should preside over the matter….but but but…Democracy!
It is also the Right that believes Father Federal Government should preside over the matter. A number in the GOP have talked about a Federal abortion ban. Most Americans might consider that extreme.

The gop hasn't moved at all, they are still right where they were 20 years.

The left moved so far left that it now appears as if the right is extreme also when in reality they still stand for the same things they did before.

Hell the left moved so far left that even democrats like tulsi gabbard that didn't move with them now seems like a republican.
The GOP may not have moved but America has. A 70% of Americans support gay marriage for instance, that is something new. The GOP have not embraced what the voters want and they will pay for their arrogance.

Forum List

Back