How I Met Your Mother Finale

TheOldSchool

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
last stop for sanity before reaching the south
It was bullshit! 9 years of watching and what did I get? A bunch of heart-breakingly sad plot twists crammed into a one hour special and ---

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!

The mother's been DEAD the whole time folks! And the group split up!

Oh but Ted's holding the blue french horn at the end *nudge nudge wink wink*. Is that what the makers think of as "fan service?"

What about every single flash forward that the series ever had being completely invalidated by the entire episode?

Any other fans on here feel violated?

I never liked the show anyway, rarely watched. It was unfunny and predictable.

• Banned
CARTER-STORY.png

^ The finale's impact on the entire rest of the show (carter bays is the writer)

I watched the reruns for a while. The characters began to grate on my nerves.

Not a 20/30 something of the 21st century, fwiw. Compared to Seinfeld and Friends --it seems to be 'harder' to be at that point in your life.

I suppose another sitcom featuring 20/30 somethings--probably in NYC will come along or has already.

What did we have in the 70's?? Mary Tyler Moore then what? Must not have been memorable. At some point --'Mork and Mindy'--hardly the same and I now wonder I how was able to watch it. Until 'Seinfeld'--I cannot think of a show about singles--that doesn't say much. I watched plenty of sitcoms but never really enjoyed them.

I wasnt a big fan of the finale. Though it sure explained why he started when he met robin.

I wasnt a big fan of the finale. Though it sure explained why he started when he met robin.

Ted. Something like Ross on 'Friends'. He received plenty of analyses and counseling. The 'happy ending'--Ross and Rachel together forever--had already been done.

The premise of the entire series could have been handled in one season--if you ask me.

Shows about relationships and the inherent problems just aren't very funny to me --having seen so many or whatever.

'Seinfeld' was voted the 'best sitcom ever'--and it was a show about nothing. :)

Done well once and doesn't need to be done again.

like mr h...i have never seen it...but i know the disappointment of finales......

where the fuck is the deadwood finale...huh hbo????

like mr h...i have never seen it...but i know the disappointment of finales......

where the fuck is the deadwood finale...huh hbo????

I thought the Seinfeld finale was good---flashback over the years of 'nothing'. Their Karma caught up with them--such shallow people. lol.

Maybe try a different location --NYC has been pretty well covered. LA has, too.

Boston, Seattle, D.C. --sitcoms from those cities, too.

I watched the reruns for a while. The characters began to grate on my nerves.

Not a 20/30 something of the 21st century, fwiw. Compared to Seinfeld and Friends --it seems to be 'harder' to be at that point in your life.

I suppose another sitcom featuring 20/30 somethings--probably in NYC will come along or has already.

What did we have in the 70's?? Mary Tyler Moore then what? Must not have been memorable. At some point --'Mork and Mindy'--hardly the same and I now wonder I how was able to watch it. Until 'Seinfeld'--I cannot think of a show about singles--that doesn't say much. I watched plenty of sitcoms but never really enjoyed them.

I've watched sitcoms in the past but I haven't found one that I really like lately. Seinfeld was pretty creative and funny but I didn't watch much. I watch some reruns.

I LOVE Veep. The characters are all funny on that show. If you get a chance, watch on HBO or on Netflix.

The Seinfeld finale was crap.

I thought it was ok.

I can't recall the finale for 'Cheers'--a lot of feeling about that. I never enjoyed that one much. Liked Frasier for a while. Just tired of the 'what can go wrong' in life approach.

Slim pickins' when it comes to TV these days.

Has anyone seen 'Chrisley Knows Best'? A family living in a mansion in Roswell, GA--supposedly a reality show--'like the Kardashians'. As if that would be something to emulate. Awful--just awful. Dad is a 'cool dude' that rules the spoiled offspring with an 'iron fist'.

http://www.usanetwork.com/chrisleyknowsbest/cast/todd-chrisley

Then there's 'Bring It'--I suppose the success of the Abby Lee Dance company spawned that one---same channel. Lifetime, I think. African American teenage girls compete weekly in dance competitions. The coach is ferocious. I suppose there are those who choose to be involved in such activities. It bothers me.

Last edited:
I didn't see the finale, but I heard about it and the first thing that came to me was how the Rosanne TV show ended.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

i didnt mind her dying, but i hate Robin....I hate the actress, i hate the ending.

One hour show worth watching..... Castle

half hour show worth watching ...... Big Bang

But I only watch reruns, never can dedicate myself to the same time each week. So I don't really watch new shows.

I have seen Crazy ones, it isn't that bad but then except for his politics Robin Williams is Hilarious.

Forum List

Back