How I broke my addiction to this board

Persuader

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2020
Posting on message boards can be very addicting to many....I posted about my addiction in the past but now I can report I am no longer addicted.

I used a simple method to break my addiction....I quit posting on here and started posting on another board....gradually I lost my desire to post here....and I had no strong desire to continue posting on the board I fled to....so I was able to quit posting on politics altogether with no withdrawal symptoms.

I think some who would like to break their addiction might find this helpful.

Irregardless...the state of the nation now being in a continual state of a NATIONAL EMERGENCY....and every conservative voice is needed I may return.....I am seriously considering it.

Posting on message boards can be very addicting to many....I posted about my addiction in the past but now I can report I am no longer addicted.

I used a simple method to break my addiction....I quit posting on here and started posting on another board....gradually I lost my desire to post here....and I had no strong desire to continue posting on the board I fled to....so I was able to quit posting on politics altogether with no withdrawal symptoms.

Irregardless...the state of the nation now being in a continual state of a NATIONAL EMERGENCY....and every conservative voice is needed I may return.....I am seriously considering it.
Imagine USMB is your naked grandmother and every time you post, it's like image material when you masturbate. That should break your addiction. If it doesn't, it's a bit more serious than you first thought, or you're a Democrat.

I've been looking for a fairly non-political forum.

Preferably something more cultural or arts based.

The whole reason I even joined this forum in the first place was to wean myself from campaign/election stuff after Ron retired but then ended up kind of hanging around.

Honestly speaking, I'm just tired of politics. It generates too much bad energy wit hpeole I'd normally likely get along with just fine in the real world.

Dude? Nobody knows who you are.

sub-buzz-348-1506677776-3.jpg

THis board is not just politics, ya know.
Yes....thanks....I might should only visit those forums....as my disgust with the biden regime may provoke me to say some things that folks are not allowed to say any longer with impunity.

Plus I would not have to deal with the mods and their constant moving of threads...it was not all that long ago that threads were never moved.

Never heard of you, must of been a low level addiction.

Good to see you back. Sometimes we don't know when God is wanting us to be here, When I saw the brother of Police Officer Rivera speak about his commitment to policing from an early age, that's something he knew from the time he was a very young boy HE WANTED TO BE A GOOD COP TO PROTECT PEOPLE until the day he died. I cried. About the time my tears were dried, his widow spoke, and I thought my heart would break when she mentioned the people in their community had informed the officers they had to go soft on crime. How could they? I didn't stop crying until a few minutes ago. :( They must stop this destroy the cops, defund the cops, and support the criminals with free movement to do more crimes in the community. They just gotta stop being creeps and giving the police their job and its ins and outs back to the police without threatening to defund their families.

This problem comes from the top of this nation. The deep state has killed hundreds of people. They're now sending jail releases from south of the border to town goddamn Biden, Hillary, Nancy, Pencil Neck, Fat stuff, and Maxine hate. And three of the communities these creeps sent these jailbirds to are in MY STATE. God bless our governor for taking our border back as best he can. And bless those who are saying that In-It-and-causing-it House Speaker Pelosi and her partners in forcing crime on this nation, not to mention our idiot President need to be impeached and removed, and this nation needs the real winners of the cheated election, the conservatives, need to be given the House and Senate Seats stolen and the Executive branch that was stolen. Shape up, America. Let's get our nation back to the people who are being murdered on the streets due to such nasty, bitter, creepy hatred Biden is channelling according to HIS PARTY the DEMONRATS to our cities, to our police departments, and to innocent people who get murdered with guns, knives, rocks, and bricks just by accidentally walking to the store because BIDEN MADE CERTAIN THE GAS PRICES WOULD GO THROUGH THE ROOF BY GETTING EVEN WITH AMERICAN OIL COMPANIES WHO VOTED CONSERVATIVE. :puke::puke::puke:

AND THE COMMIE PRESS? WELL: :puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

Yes....thanks....I might should only visit those forums....as my disgust with the biden regime may provoke me to say some things that folks are not allowed to say any longer with impunity.

Plus I would not have to deal with the mods and their constant moving of threads...it was not all that long ago that threads were never moved.
What you could do is if they move a thread, don't worry about it. The Sun might go nova. You worry about that? If it does just post a nasty thread in your last 8 minutes and they won't have time to move it!

Think of it as a different room. You go to the kitchen for making food, and the dining room to eat it in. In the Lounge is both a kitchen and a dinette. Nobody is allowed to talk politics or else get a chewing by 90% of the visitors. <muahaha> Everyone has probably forgotten where they were at least once, and what can I say except 'POUNCE!!!" Your backside is grass for a couple of days, then you just get over it, apologize, and return to the dessert table. I think I forgot about it only one time around 2011. At first, I thought everyone else was being political, but no, I reread the rules of the Lounge area. Politics is a no-no in the rules too. It doesn't matter if you're conservative. It doesn't matter if you're liberal, libertarian, you do no politispeak or accept the outcome of feeling pretty upset, then after a few deep breaths, you realize it is just a lesson that speaking politics in the coffee shop is verbotten by left, right, neutral, or near neutral. You do not say squat about anything political, or the biting starts. Crunch! And your ass isn't just grass, it's clippings.

:auiqs.jpg::disbelief::laughing0301::47::tongue::206::up::nono::laugh:

And there lies one of many challenges.

We each have a "Profile" page that pops up when our username is clicked on, and one can find there the "About" sub-page.

However, many have next to nothing there as to whom or what they are or are "about", hence remain largely "unknowns". Especially if one isn't inclined to spend hours tracking their posts and sleuthing the implications, etc.

Also, some have opted to "limit whom can see their profile".

Bottom-line, is many here are just a username, maybe a cute(or not) avatar/image, and then their words on a screen.

BTW, you got a rather good "Points" score for someone whom didn't post much.

Relax, we’ll let you know when the civi war is over.

Forum List

Back