how gravity works

Heh. More excuses and more no answers. Might as well take your reply to mean that you admitted you lost and lost badly. You haven't even mentioned gravity. Explaining how it works would be too hard for you and make your head explode.
What did I lose?

What did I lose?
You lost the overall argument about what life is all about. Second, while gravity is still a mystery to all, I knew what there is to know and you didn't even mention it. It just means you can look in the mirror and sing...

You lost the overall argument about what life is all about. Second, while gravity is still a mystery to all, I knew what there is to know and you didn't even mention it. It just means you can look in the mirror and sing...

Like many religious extremists, you spend your life cowering in fear of angy, vengeful gods and you insist on projecting your fears and insecurities on others. You've lost the ability for independent thought and embrace the hive mentality. People like Marshall Applewhite, Jim Jones and the cabal of religious loons at your creation ministries exist because fear and ignorance is an earned commodity.

Like many religious extremists, you spend your life cowering in fear of angy, vengeful gods and you insist on projecting your fears and insecurities on others. You've lost the ability for independent thought and embrace the hive mentality. People like Marshall Applewhite, Jim Jones and the cabal of religious loons at your creation ministries exist because fear and ignorance is an earned commodity.
Me an extremist? Hardly. I just practice S&T to find out the truth. Truth alleviates one's fears, but as your post states, you don't know that, remain fearful deep down, and blame it on angry and vengeful God/gods. What about the anti-Christ?

In regards to religious cults like with Marshall Applewhite and Jim Jones you mentioned, it turned out that Jim Jones was a fake and really an atheist and Marxist. We also have Charles Manson who sounds more like an atheist who took a lot of LSD and other powerful drugs. There's also the Cult of Reason and their Temple of Reason headed by Richard Dawkins and the Creativity Movement. Are you a member?

What about LaVeyan Satanism founded by Anton LaVey? I went to same schools as his daughters, but didn't really know them well. They were into LSD and other drugs and dressed like witches. The daughters could be your people.

Gravity is like, you know, magic or something.

You have something and things are attracted to it. Amazing I tell you.

Actually, nothing in science "backs up" the gods waving their magic wands and magically creating the known universe.

I have to ask, Hollie, you DO understand that "science" is just a recent invention of man here on planet Earth about 2000 years years ago developed since in a universe nearly 14 billion years old? The Earth compared to the universe is smaller than a grain of sand on all the beaches of the planet. That makes your statement that nothing in science supports a god-created universe about as silly as wondering why a pebble on the beach hasn't affected the currents of the Atlantic Ocean!

Truth is that science is highly flawed with huge gaps in it. As a scientist, I can tell you the PROCESS of science is excellent at getting at the truth, but its ability to do so depends on the AVAILABILITY OF EVIDENCE UPON WHICH TO BUILD A THEORY. Science really has no idea yet what gravity really is or does; it is the height of folly then to expect that it can have a cogent answer for how the universe really started, was created or began.

Nothing in religion or science suggests that God waved a magic wand----- truth is that no one knows exactly how or what happened. So if you want to use the term "magic" like some primitive for anything above your understanding, fine, but the oldest records we have going back to the beginning of civilization 5,000 years ago passed down through the ages from the Vedas tells us this is how it happened and has been repeated over and over again in the historical record.

Actually, nothing in science precludes the existence and role of God neither! When it comes down to brass tacks, the only real argument against God by science is that it or He is simply one more thing science as yet can neither prove nor disprove, explain nor dismiss, so the general consensus among scientists is to generally discount those things not at least supported by conjecture, theory or experimentation. That leaves it up to the individual, much like picking the winner of tomorrow's football to pick where their beliefs fall:

ATHEISTS fall on the side of skepticism because God has not come up and overtly revealed himself to THEM, appeared in Washington DC, nor made any overt proof self-evident that one can measure with a yardstick.

THEISTS fall on the side of belief (faith) because down through the millenniums, the holy scriptures tell us it is so and countless people report that God has revealed himself to them through the minds and hearts of people that he IS.

Take your pick.

Last edited:
Gravity is like, you know, magic or something. You have something and things are attracted to it. Amazing I tell you.

You are quite right, Flash! Gravity IS literally pure fricking magic as far as science can tell. It happens, but it isn't a force, it has no force carrier that science can identify, it is just "there." It happens. That is all we know.

Me an extremist? Hardly. I just practice S&T to find out the truth. Truth alleviates one's fears, but as your post states, you don't know that, remain fearful deep down, and blame it on angry and vengeful God/gods. What about the anti-Christ?

In regards to religious cults like with Marshall Applewhite and Jim Jones you mentioned, it turned out that Jim Jones was a fake and really an atheist and Marxist. We also have Charles Manson who sounds more like an atheist who took a lot of LSD and other powerful drugs. There's also the Cult of Reason and their Temple of Reason headed by Richard Dawkins and the Creativity Movement. Are you a member?

What about LaVeyan Satanism founded by Anton LaVey? I went to same schools as his daughters, but didn't really know them well. They were into LSD and other drugs and dressed like witches. The daughters could be your people.
It's a symptom of a maladjusted personality to spend one's life in trembling fear of angry gods, anti-christs, satans and the other imaginary characters who haunt your existence.

There's a reason why Marshall Applewhite, Jim Jones, Jimmy Swaggert have such influence on folks like you. It's been said that a child who never lets go of his adolescent fears and prejudices has never grown up.

You are quite right, Flash! Gravity IS literally pure fricking magic as far as science can tell. It happens, but it isn't a force, it has no force carrier that science can identify, it is just "there." It happens. That is all we know.

Have you ever fell out of a tree? You hitting your ass on the ground sure as hell "happens".

I took all those courses in Physics getting my Engineering degrees and nobody ever explained what gravity really was. they explained how it worked but never what the hell it was. Magic is the only thing I can think of..

I have to ask, Hollie, you DO understand that "science" is just a recent invention of man here on planet Earth about 2000 years years ago developed since in a universe nearly 14 billion years old? The Earth compared to the universe is smaller than a grain of sand on all the beaches of the planet. That makes your statement that nothing in science supports a god-created universe about as silly as wondering why a pebble on the beach hasn't affected the currents of the Atlantic Ocean!

Truth is that science is highly flawed with huge gaps in it. As a scientist, I can tell you the PROCESS of science is excellent at getting at the truth, but its ability to do so depends on the AVAILABILITY OF EVIDENCE UPON WHICH TO BUILD A THEORY. Science really has no idea yet what gravity really is or does; it is the height of folly then to expect that it can have a cogent answer for how the universe really started, was created or began.

Nothing in religion or science suggests that God waved a magic wand----- truth is that no one knows exactly how or what happened. So if you want to use the term "magic" like some primitive for anything above your understanding, fine, but the oldest records we have going back to the beginning of civilization 5,000 years ago passed down through the ages from the Vedas tells us this is how it happened and has been repeated over and over again in the historical record.

Actually, nothing in science precludes the existence and role of God neither! When it comes down to brass tacks, the only real argument against God by science is that it or He is simply one more thing science as yet can neither prove nor disprove, explain nor dismiss, so the general consensus among scientists is to generally discount those things not at least supported by conjecture, theory or experimentation. That leaves it up to the individual, much like picking the winner of tomorrow's football to pick where their beliefs fall:

ATHEISTS fall on the side of skepticism because God has not come up and overtly revealed himself to THEM, appeared in Washington DC, nor made any overt proof self-evident that one can measure with a yardstick.

THEISTS fall on the side of belief (faith) because down through the millenniums, the holy scriptures tell us it is so and countless people report that God has revealed himself to them through the minds and hearts of people that he IS.

Take your pick.
If you have evidence of one or more gods who created the universe you are welcome to present that evidence. In the meantime, we have no evidence of un-natural circumstances causing un-natural events anywhere in human existence. So yes, it is entirely consistent to claim that ''nothing in science supports a god-created universe'', unless of course, you have such evidence. Which god(s) do you think could be the front runner for the 'most likely' title?

None of the human inventions of gods have ever made themselves known in a way that is rationally demonstrated with supportable evidence. History shows us that with time, every conception of gods have been swept away and looked upon as myth and curiosities of human fears and superstitions.

Where is the worship of Osiris? Of Isis, (not the Islamist group), worshipped for 5,000 years. Where is Zeus, Odin, Jupiter? Where are the Druids, now as much a relic of history as Stonehenge, as cold and as silent as the Sphinx.

Relics, all. Nothing more than tales and fables. So it will be with Jehovah, Allah, Jesus, Vishnu.

As time goes by, and gods don’t return to earth to slaughter much of humanity, as gods don’t prove salvation, humanity grows further away from fantasy and fiction. And that terrifies the believers. The fact is, aside from your "feelings", you know there is only faith and belief to support the “belief”. As mankind grows in scientific knowledge, those things once ascribed to the gods are taken away, leaving the gods as little more than paper shufflers

If you want to posit a unique god(s), that's fine. I wouid suggest first understanding that all religions are syncretic in that they borrow / steal from preceeding religions. We see in religions the morphing of characteristics that define the gods people invent. You need only read the OT (Hebrew scriptures stolen by christianity), and the NT to understand the morphing of the gods. Zeus was descended from earlier ancient entities, the Titans. Zeus was the son of Kronos and Rhea. Kronos was himself the child of Ouranos and Gaia. The inventors of religions tend to steal ruthlessly from earlier belief systems and earlier inventions of supernatural characters. That's evident in his formulation of christianity and not at all uncommon with other religions.

I would also suggest understanding that as mankind has emerged from earlier fears and superstitions and kearned about the natural world, the inventions of new religions and the gods not mere coincidence that as mankind has grown and learned to explore the natural world, inventions of new gods and their respective religions has ended.

The last "major" religion to be invented was islamism which is a syncretic faith. Most of its core ritual and god (as well as most of its theology) is stolen from the preceeding Abrahamic faiths and from Arab paganism.

While nothing precludes Amun Ra, Zeus or any of the millions of Hindu gods from being the soring-winders of the universe, we're left with a curious refusal by the promoters of currently configured gods to accept Amun Ra being just as likely extant as Zeus or the three-party christian gods.

As to theists falling on the side off belief, "because down through the millenniums, the holy scriptures tell us it is so and countless people report that God has revealed himself to them through the minds and hearts of people that he IS." Thats fine of course but countless people report encounters with everything from Bigfoot to space aliens, to Nessie to all sorts of absurdities.

Are we required to believe all of that?

It's a symptom of a maladjusted personality to spend one's life in trembling fear of angry gods, anti-christs, satans and the other imaginary characters who haunt your existence.

There's a reason why Marshall Applewhite, Jim Jones, Jimmy Swaggert have such influence on folks like you. It's been said that a child who never lets go of his adolescent fears and prejudices has never grown up.
Your comment is too weird, but I suppose it's par for atheism. To me, it sounds like the atheists and their scientists have it backwards. Up is down. Down is up. So to speak.

No believer thinks like you and the atheists think. What has happened is we each think the other believes in fairy tales. Only one can be right and that's the Christian believers of Jesus as Christ.

Gravity is like, you know, magic or something.

You have something and things are attracted to it. Amazing I tell you.
The long distance attraction is amazing to me. One can never escape it.

Have you ever fell out of a tree? You hitting your ass on the ground sure as hell "happens".

I took all those courses in Physics getting my Engineering degrees and nobody ever explained what gravity really was. they explained how it worked but never what the hell it was. Magic is the only thing I can think of..
til-when-released-the-bottom-of-a-slinky-will-hover-almost-motionless-until-the-top-reaches-it-31009.gif

The above is a visualization of gravity to mass in slo mo. For it to work, we have to have mass and spacetime. I think everywhere in the universe is gravity or else we and any matter would fly apart in zero gravity and that which existed wouldn't exist anymore.

Oh look! argument from Ignorance/Incredulity!

Truth is that science is highly flawed with huge Gaps in it.
You couldn't possibly have missed my 4 YEAR Running thread. (From July 2017 to Aug 4, 2021!
"God of the Gaps"
But I guess you felt self-conscious that your post in it would have been a fine example and Pre-Refutedas to simple logic
WTF!

`

LIE.
Genesis, you know, YOUR book suggests he waved a magic wand in 6 days.
WTF!

Take your pick.
Actually Nothing suggests god and that's it.
We just don't know what happened YET (like Fire, Lightning, and Fertility) but that's no reason to believe in a god now as it wasn't then.

The FACT is what god you believe in is a geoCULTural accident of birth, not a discernible truth, and takes Indoctrination not learning or experimentation.

God of the Gaps, again is the most common fallacious attempt and yours is as ridiculous as any and all of them.

`

what did you try?
I picture Likkmee free falling, ass first, throwing an armload of bowling pins as hard as he can back up towards from whence he came.. the net result being him hitting the ground harder.. but not head first at least.. then being struck with bowling pins.. on the head.. every single one..

The long distance attraction is amazing to me. One can never escape it.
Every object in the universe is pulling on you right now, from a grain of sand at pebble beach to a galaxy on the other end of the universe.

At some fantastic level, I think if we could somehow step far enough back away, we would eventually step out of this universe to see that it is a self-contained orb held together under the force of gravity. Gravity is the underlying force by which causes universes to form, part and parcel of its individual parts, all coming together to form one, yet at the same time it is the universe itself whch causes gravity. They are one and the same. Gravity is existence of being.

glass-orb-2-al-hurley.jpg

Forum List

Back