How foreigners get to choose our Prime Minister

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

This is a new twist.Might explain how the tories always pick a real shit like Johnson. I wonder if foreigners pick leaders in other countries. Apart from the US where Putin chose trump.

One guy in the article put it right, I think:

"But I can see why, because it's not an election is it? It's an internal leadership decision. Whether you're a British citizen or not probably doesn't matter."

Strictly speaking, people choose not the prime minister, but a leader of their party. Don't they?

One guy in the article put it right, I think:

"But I can see why, because it's not an election is it? It's an internal leadership decision. Whether you're a British citizen or not probably doesn't matter."

Strictly speaking, people choose not the prime minister, but a leader of their party. Don't they?
But in this case they are picking the PM. In theory they ccould be voting for a putin puppet like the US did in 16.

But in this case they are picking the PM. In theory they ccould be voting for a putin puppet like the US did in 16.
It is more about your quite specific way of choosing the prime minister. I don't get why this question isn't decided by the parliament.

About someone's puppet. I don't want to argue here whether Trump was a Putin's puppet or not. I think he was not. But I should admit that some Republicans have strange feature of almost admiring Putin and his regime. And these Republicans voted for Trump. They somehow think that between American values and Putin some parallels exist. It is fucking pathetic, isn't it?

Whatever. What my point was. Trump wasn't chosen thanks to some foreign voters. For the most part, some number of domestic loons will be quite enough.

But I should admit that some Republicans have strange feature of almost admiring Putin and his regime. And these Republicans voted for Trump. They somehow think that between American values and Putin some parallels exist. It is fucking pathetic, isn't it?
I do not personally know any republican who thinks Putin is anything other than a dictator and kleptocrat who hates the US and NATO, and "KGB forever".

I do know there are thousands of Russian operatives online who pose as Trump supporters and talk nothing but shit about Ukraine. Don't believe they are all Americans, they are part of the info war.

There are some who just say "not our problem" and leave it at that. I happen to think that is short-sighted, and well yes- if we are to be a superpower it is our problem too. If we are absent, the vacuum be filled in a manner not to our liking.

I do not personally know any republican who thinks Putin is anything other than a dictator and kleptocrat who hates the US and NATO, and "KGB forever".

I do know there are thousands of Russian operatives online who pose as Trump supporters and talk nothing but shit about Ukraine. Don't believe they are all Americans, they are part of the info war.

There are some who just say "not our problem" and leave it at that. I happen to think that is short-sighted, and well yes- if we are to be a superpower it is our problem too. If we are absent, the vacuum be filled in a manner not to our liking.
Josh hawley is a big Putin fan.

It is more about your quite specific way of choosing the prime minister. I don't get why this question isn't decided by the parliament.

About someone's puppet. I don't want to argue here whether Trump was a Putin's puppet or not. I think he was not. But I should admit that some Republicans have strange feature of almost admiring Putin and his regime. And these Republicans voted for Trump. They somehow think that between American values and Putin some parallels exist. It is fucking pathetic, isn't it?

Whatever. What my point was. Trump wasn't chosen thanks to some foreign voters. For the most part, some number of domestic loons will be quite enough.
Uts too hot to worry about and the tory membership is as crazy as fuck anyway. Whoever gets picked they will be shit.

No not the UK, the Tories. It all began when we stopped being a democracy because people could see that those they were offered did not offer what the people wanted - were not serving the people. Then first the Tories and later Labour started being bought, like in the US. Sure we, like in the US still get the occasional vote but we are not who the politicians answer to. They answer to the wealthiest few like in other Plutocracies. This guy who the thread is on just crept in on that.

Well this is what happens when the plutocracy is serving itself.

There is a video of Sunak telling his constituencies how he took the money from the poorest in the UK and gave it to them!!!! They cheered of course.

Makes you wonder why Hillary wanted a reset and why Obama was so flexible.
I will tell you more. My personal feelings were that Biden was ready to be 'flexible' with Putin. Despite his sometimes tough rhetoric. I was almost sure that some kind of a deal would be reached about Ukraine and other post-Soviet states.

But then the bunker dictator came up with his silly demands in December and even more silly adventure in February after these demands were rejected.

Uts too hot to worry about and the tory membership is as crazy as fuck anyway. Whoever gets picked they will be shit.
They reckon Truss will easily beat Starmer even though she will be taking the Tories once again into the never before reached UK right....but no wonder, Starmer stands for nothing except..... he seems to be beating Boris on lying - all those tasty lies he gave to be voted leader of labour coming out. Latest being about standing with Unions and strikers.

Maybe. But I base my opinion on what I read on this forum. I don't exclude that there are some number of paid trolls here, but clearly they are in a vast minority.

That is not actually about someone posting shit about Ukraine. I may well be doing so also if I were an American, knowing some Ukrainian realities.

But there are some loons (who I am sure not paid trolles) who openly cheer successes of Russian army. Especially that was obvious in the spring. Fucking shit, this is the army who will support the Chinese and the Iranians in possible wars against your own army.

Forum List

Back