How do you feel about known gays/lesbians as teachers...

Some nutters have a tendency to equate their own lives with what they saw on sitcoms from the 50's and 60's. Only on "TV Land" do we find the sorts of student/teacher relationships that some of these jokers are describing.

Here is the reality. Students spend a couple hundred hours per year in the company of their teachers. In that time, things other than course subject matter are discussed. Every kid in every classroom in every school who knows what marriage is..... is aware of the marital status of the friggin' teacher(s).

Yep....my kids could tell me which of their teachers were gay, who was pregnant, who just broke up....by the 2nd grade....kids aren't idiots.

i never knew if any of my male teachers were married and the only reason i knew the status of the females was because they went by mrs and miss back in the old days. i must be a sociopath.

i'm cool with that. :thup:

I'm thinking that it is much more likely that you have just forgotten. It wasn't information that particularly mattered to you. My point is that the student/teacher relationship pretty much dictates that a basic level of personal information is exchanged.

Some nutters have a tendency to equate their own lives with what they saw on sitcoms from the 50's and 60's. Only on "TV Land" do we find the sorts of student/teacher relationships that some of these jokers are describing.

Here is the reality. Students spend a couple hundred hours per year in the company of their teachers. In that time, things other than course subject matter are discussed. Every kid in every classroom in every school who knows what marriage is..... is aware of the marital status of the friggin' teacher(s).

Yep....my kids could tell me which of their teachers were gay, who was pregnant, who just broke up....by the 2nd grade....kids aren't idiots.

i never knew if any of my male teachers were married and the only reason i knew the status of the females was because they went by mrs and miss back in the old days. i must be a sociopath.

We never had any doubt about you del.

I know the marital status of The Principal, ALL the teachers and even the janitor at my children's school. They bring their spouses and partners to many of the school functions and a few of the teachers live in town.

I'm thinking that it is much more likely that you have just forgotten. It wasn't information that particularly mattered to you. My point is that the student/teacher relationship pretty much dictates that a basic level of personal information is exchanged.

i'm thinking that it's a fact that i didn't know nor did i care to know.

I know the marital status of The Principal, ALL the teachers and even the janitor at my children's school. They bring their spouses and partners to many of the school functions and a few of the teachers live in town.

and i should care about this because?

i'm thinking that it's a fact that i didn't know nor did i care to know.

Whatever.

Stalker much??

:eek:

And yet you cared enough to respond to the posting.

no, i was curious.

you're not too bright, are you?

How do you feel about known gays/lesbians as teachers...

I couldn't care less.

Some of the best teachers I ever knew were gay.

What concerns me is not that they were gay, but how you knew they were gay. Or was it...oh...I get it. Never mind...

Why? I managed to know which of my teachers was straight and which were gay without ever sleeping with any of them.

...in the K-12 school system? Should they be banned or accepted in the K-12 program of education? Do you believe that there is discrimination towards the LGBT community in general? Just curious here as the military seems to be dropping it's long held reservation about accepting people into their ranks that are known to be in the alternative lifestyles. Does the military acceptance of queers/lesbians make those in the alternative lifestyles more acceptable to you?

I have no problems with it--as long as they're GOOD teachers--and keep their sexuality preferences to themselves.

no, i was curious.

you're not too bright, are you?

If you really were curious then you would have followed the thread and the conversation.

I'm bright enough to follow a thread conversation...a skill you seem to be lacking.

i followed the thread and asked a question which apparently stumped you.

fortunately, my second question was rhetorical. :thup:

Just curious? If the teacher did not bring their sexual preference into class how did some of you make the comment " some of the best teachers I knew were gay"

Personally I have never known what any of my teachers, instructors or professors were sexually speaking, as THEY never brought it up.

Sometimes you don't have to be told. It's pretty obvious. Even in the military.

When you look at the enormous contribution to society from a very, very tiny slice of the populace and compare that to the minuscule and small contribution that comes from the right wing, anyone who want's their kids to receive the best education would probably want more gays teaching. You cant' think of an art or science without thinking of gays who have risen to near or at the top.

When you look at the enormous contribution to society from a very, very tiny slice of the populace and compare that to the minuscule and small contribution that comes from the right wing, anyone who want's their kids to receive the best education would probably want more gays teaching. You cant' think of an art or science without thinking of gays who have risen to near or at the top.

i'm guessing your english teachers were all straight.

i'm guessing your english teachers were all straight.

It was funny before I noticed those........but now it is priceless.

Disclaimer: I am aware that the shift key has a tendency to get stuck.

Forum List

Back