How do you deal with loneliness this Christmas?

Christmas is coming, and to most of us here, it sure will be different than the previous gatherings that we've done before. I myself will be celebrating Christmas without my parents as they both living in isolation due to them being vulnerable to this virus. I feel different about this Christmas as I also work at home and alone. Does anyone been feeling lonely this season? If yes, how do you plan on dealing with it?

A: I've never felt lonely. So I can't really help you with that.

B: To be honest, I think anyone who changes how they live because of Covid-19, is a fool.

My family has gotten together for every holiday, and every birthday, and every social gathering since about June, when we realized Covid-19 was nothing.

I went to Christmas dinner on Christmas, like we have done the past 20 years.

Why would you sacrifice your family, for the sake of the news media and politicians? Even the news media knows that Covid-19 is nothing, that's why they don't wear masks either. Politicians are all breaking their own isolation and lock down mandates constantly, while telling you to leave your family lonely and hopeless?

Why would do that? I'm a Christian. I have only one King in my life, and that's the Lord Jesus Christ.

I'm not going to leave my parents, who likely only have a few years left, alone and isolated for the sake of some fake pandemic.

And it is a fake pandemic. There is no evidence yet, that death rates are even significantly higher than they were before.

When the Spanish Flu hit, millions died. The population of the country went down. Nothing of the sort is happening today, not even close.

Screenshot_2020-12-25 A closer look at U S deaths due to COVID-19.png

Look at the chart. The number of deaths from other illnesses, declined by almost the exact number of Covid-19 deaths increased.

Meaning... they simply classified deaths from other illnesses, as being Covid-19 deaths. The total number of deaths, was about the same.

Why would they do this? Because hospitals get paid more for covid deaths, by the government. Government caused this entire thing. It's all a fraud.

For me and my family, my relatives were told they couldn't visit their 80 year old parents at the nursing home. They immediately moved them out, and now they are living at home, with home care, where they can visit them all they want. They spent Christmas with their families like normal.

A family member with parkinsons died a few months back. The funeral home said they would limit the number of people who could attend. They canceled the funeral, the church volunteered, and everyone went to the funeral at the Church.

You need to start following G-d, and stop following government. Don't let your parents waste away the last few years of their life in total isolation and loneliness, because all of you are cowards, listening to idiotic left-wing democrats.

Christmas is coming, and to most of us here, it sure will be different than the previous gatherings that we've done before. I myself will be celebrating Christmas without my parents as they both living in isolation due to them being vulnerable to this virus. I feel different about this Christmas as I also work at home and alone. Does anyone been feeling lonely this season? If yes, how do you plan on dealing with it?
If a conservative get a dog If a leftist try swallowing a gun barrel.

If a conservative get a dog If a leftist try swallowing a gun barrel.

??????????????????????????????????

For me not lonely... I got Bonzi.
But, yes, Christmas this year was gray. Not much life in it. No big family gathering this year.
Bonz and I didn't even wrap our presents this year. And we opened the boxes early last week.

Oh wow, thank you all for the warm replies and some funny ones. AquaAthena Thank you for the tips you shared. I wish I have some cute kitty or doggie to cuddle with too. And who is Gracie? If you don't mind. lol
I am Gracie.I have always adored Aqua...and many others. But Ive done it from afar. Readin what she said (just now saw it)...made me tear up. Seeing someone I care about that I have never met, say that? Humbling. And ever so beautiful feeling.

Oh sorry, I didn't know how I missed you there when you're the first to comment. Again thank you for sharing your thoughts too! I can feel how Aqua appreciates you just by being here. <3

I had a quiet Christmas, texting and FaceTiming with family and friends. I posted all of the wonderful outpouring of Christmas cheer throughout our little town this Christmas in the Lounge thread. This is basically a retirment community, and is considered one of the best areas of the country for seniors to live.

Christmas Eve the cab driver refused my money when I came home with groceries, one of the churches was going door to door with gifts for residents - flowers, cheese, chocolates. Local businesses were distributing food and gifts for poor families, or those hit hardest by the pandemic.

Lockdown started Christmas Eve so stores and everything is now closed to the end of January. Curbside pickup for some businesses, take-out only for restaurants. I just placed an online order for 1/4 oz. of pink kush, and I'm going down to the dispensary to pick it up. Then off to the pet store to get cat food, since I took in the black cat in my avatar just before Christmas.

Her owner had abandoned her, and she was rail thin, and had no winter coat at all due to lack of nutrition. She now has a round little belly, and her coat is getting thicker, but she has a ways to go before she is as healthy and sleek as my cat. She my white cat's best friend and she's my last connection to him. I didn't want another cat, but seeing her cold and suffering I had to take her in.

I'll be spending New Year' Eve in my living room. I thought of cancelling, but I promised the cats I'd be there. I wouldn't want to disappoint them.

My order is ready at the dispensary. Time to go shopping!!! Happy New Year.

I spend most of my time when not at work alone does not bother me. Just stay busy. I have a month off this time a year I buy a house rehab and sell it. Watch some football go hunting.

I come from a huge family of very very sociable yapping dagos..........I long for loneliness during the holidays. Thank God their over.

Hi kseeding, how are you doing now? I hope you are feeling better now while you celebrate the New Year! :)
Thanks for your concern. I actually had fun this New Year's eve! I facetime with my parents the whole night while I celebrate the New Year on my friend's place. How about you? I hope you also had a great New Year with your family or friends.

It always helps me to be with my dogs when I am feeling down or anxious. They senses that need and stays with me on that.
It also helps me to binge on a television series. I am now re-watching Bosch for the second time on Amazon Prime Video. Fantastic 6-season series.
Music, watching movie/series, playing console games. Volunteer in a worthwhile charity.

Where there's a will, there's a way. :)

Forum List

Back