How do you deal with loneliness this Christmas?

kseeding

Oct 9, 2017
Christmas is coming, and to most of us here, it sure will be different than the previous gatherings that we've done before. I myself will be celebrating Christmas without my parents as they both living in isolation due to them being vulnerable to this virus. I feel different about this Christmas as I also work at home and alone. Does anyone been feeling lonely this season? If yes, how do you plan on dealing with it?

Yes. Very much.
How will I deal with it? Like I have been the past 4+ years: sleep as much as I can because when asleep...you escape the loneliness.

Suicides are high this year. China Virus and lockdown is maing those numbers go up, not down.

As long as I know President Trump is my president I will never feel lonely.

I would feel lonely if that changed. So, through the holidays I live with hope and security.

As far as you feeling lonely during Christmas, try to video or telephone chat as much as possible with those loved ones, and within that discussion try to reminisce about Christmasses past when you were happy. Try finding gratitude that you are alive and well and so are your loved ones.

It always helps me to hold my kitty when I am feeling down or anxious. She senses that need and stays with me on that.

It also helps me to binge on a television series. I am now re-watching Bosch for the second time on Amazon Prime Video. Fantastic 6-season series.

And, as long as Gracie is around anywhere, it makes me happy.

Music, sending Christmas cards to others. Volunteer in a worthwhile charity.

Where there's a will, there's a way?

first one must realize the idealization of christmas by the media ...is false....not everyone has a warm cozy home surrounded by people who love them..santa does not visit everyone....accept that many people are in the same boat...alone...or lonely....

i find myself in a funk....i understand why....i am not a pollyanna in blue jeans....

my husband got all shocked when i was watching a dark version of the christmas carol and made the comment....Ebeneezer had some valid points....seems that is not the holiday spirit

Lonely is a state of mind... Sometimes the mind leads us to and fro just like a rockin chair, back and forth but never getting anywhere... I have been very fortunate in my 66 years... A lot of the time I like me better than a rather large percentage of the folks you run into out in the world...

Ladies I hope you all have a

1608018858007.png

Oh wow, thank you all for the warm replies and some funny ones. AquaAthena Thank you for the tips you shared. I wish I have some cute kitty or doggie to cuddle with too. And who is Gracie? If you don't mind. lol

Christmas is coming, and to most of us here, it sure will be different than the previous gatherings that we've done before. I myself will be celebrating Christmas without my parents as they both living in isolation due to them being vulnerable to this virus. I feel different about this Christmas as I also work at home and alone. Does anyone been feeling lonely this season? If yes, how do you plan on dealing with it?

If I was alone, which I was a few Christmas's ago after my divorce. I just got drunk and played video games. :D

It was actually kind of fun after being married for 11 years.lol! And nobody could tell me what to do.lol!

So Adam is walking with God in the garden and Adam mentions that he is lonely and wishes a companion. Adam tells God that what he needs is someone that, not only gives him companionship, but also tends to his every want and desire and never argues and is obedient at all times. God thinks about this a bit and tells Adam that he could do it, but that it would cost him an arm and a leg. Adam replies that that seemed a bit steep and then asks what God would give him for just a rib.

If I was alone, which I was a few Christmas's ago after my divorce. I just got drunk and played video games. :D

It was actually kind of fun after being married for 11 years.lol! And nobody could tell me what to do.lol!

What happened to you it's actually the other way around of what we've been experiencing right now. But I'm happy for you. Freedom is what we all always cherish to have.

I'm an ambivert, so I find being alone sometimes to be very helpful to me, but it's been different during this pandemic since I had no choice but to practice isolation for 10 months now. I've stumbled on this article in hope of finding a solution and thought I could share it here. This article has given me a reason to not be afraid of having intimate conversations with my family and friends so I thought I could share it here too. Experts Reveal How to Overcome COVID-19 Loneliness at University

As long as I know President Trump is my president I will never feel lonely.

I would feel lonely if that changed. So, through the holidays I live with hope and security.

As far as you feeling lonely during Christmas, try to video or telephone chat as much as possible with those loved ones, and within that discussion try to reminisce about Christmasses past when you were happy. Try finding gratitude that you are alive and well and so are your loved ones.

It always helps me to hold my kitty when I am feeling down or anxious. She senses that need and stays with me on that.

It also helps me to binge on a television series. I am now re-watching Bosch for the second time on Amazon Prime Video. Fantastic 6-season series.

And, as long as Gracie is around anywhere, it makes me happy.

Music, sending Christmas cards to others. Volunteer in a worthwhile charity.

Where there's a will, there's a way?
You made me cry. I love you Aqua.

Oh wow, thank you all for the warm replies and some funny ones. AquaAthena Thank you for the tips you shared. I wish I have some cute kitty or doggie to cuddle with too. And who is Gracie? If you don't mind. lol
I am Gracie.I have always adored Aqua...and many others. But Ive done it from afar. Readin what she said (just now saw it)...made me tear up. Seeing someone I care about that I have never met, say that? Humbling. And ever so beautiful feeling.

kseeding I hope that you were able to have fun this Christmas. For me, anxiety equaled adrenaline building up inside my body, and actually, that will alter how your brain works. You have to address the adrenaline or no matter how hard you try, your brain will win and anxiety will win. I found something on the internet that really helped me at the moment. And that was watching or listening to Dr. Claire Weeks on youtube. Every day for months to get me thru. I also saw a doctor, and a psychiatrist about it when it got to the point where I was just too exhausted mentally to do it on my own any longer. The psychiatrist prescribed Lexapro which I took and that seemed to help too. But learning about second fear and pass-thru anxiety from the claire weeks videos is what I truly think got me thru it the most. There are multiple pieces to getting thru it but it's possible even though when I was in it I thought I would never get past it. Anxiety sucks.

Forum List

Back