How did the media cover Schumer’s alleged threat to Supreme Court justices?

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer made some controversial remarks while at a rally outside the U.S. Supreme Court, where he allegedly threatened two of the sitting justices of partisanship. Schumer’s remarks were condemned by President Donald Trump, and the mainstream media failed to note Schumer’s aggressive wording.

“I want to tell you, Gorsuch, I want to tell you, Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price,” Schumer said. “You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.” Schumer was speaking at a pro-choice rally outside of the court since the court took up the case on a Louisiana abortion law known as June Medical Services v. Russo.

The mainstream media published articles and analyses on Schumer’s comments, and all included parts of Roberts’ statement. The media agreed that Roberts’ rebuttal was unusual, considering the Supreme Court rarely comments on the news cycle. The outlets also published Schumer’s follow-up statements, in which his office said that the senator was referring to the political price that Republican senators will pay for putting Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court bench.

The media found it acceptable. Threatening language is okie dokie when the team one likes does it. Schumer is a problem.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer made some controversial remarks while at a rally outside the U.S. Supreme Court, where he allegedly threatened two of the sitting justices of partisanship. Schumer’s remarks were condemned by President Donald Trump, and the mainstream media failed to note Schumer’s aggressive wording.

“I want to tell you, Gorsuch, I want to tell you, Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price,” Schumer said. “You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.” Schumer was speaking at a pro-choice rally outside of the court since the court took up the case on a Louisiana abortion law known as June Medical Services v. Russo.

The mainstream media published articles and analyses on Schumer’s comments, and all included parts of Roberts’ statement. The media agreed that Roberts’ rebuttal was unusual, considering the Supreme Court rarely comments on the news cycle. The outlets also published Schumer’s follow-up statements, in which his office said that the senator was referring to the political price that Republican senators will pay for putting Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court bench.

The media found it acceptable. Threatening language is okie dokie when the team one likes does it. Schumer is a problem.
Considering Chuck’s actual words there is no “alleged” at all.

Forum List

Back