How Could A U.S. President Allow This To Happen?

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit ruled that the massive spying that took place under the Obama administration; against U.S. citizens, was illegal and very likely unconstitutional. How could a "Constitutional scholar" like Obama allow this to happen?:

"In a ruling handed down on Wednesday, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit said the warrantless telephone dragnet that secretly collected millions of Americans’ telephone records violated the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act and may well have been unconstitutional."

Funny but I couldn't find this on CNN.

Well, let's see. In the name of national security. This program started in the wake of 9/11 and if my admittedly hazy memory serves me, GWB was President (memba the Patriot Act?).
From The Hill article. So it continued? Are you surprised?...or is your righteous indignation reserved for just for Obama?
"The metadata collection program was created and approved by the secretive Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court after the passage of the Patriot Act in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks".

Obama had a history of spying. Sadly this is often overlooked when discussing his reputation and the weight given to his opinion in present matters.

I believe that Snowden did the right thing in revealing the abusive and illegal spying. Not a very popular position with people on the right. I also never had a kind word to say about presidents Bush or Clinton.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit ruled that the massive spying that took place under the Obama administration; against U.S. citizens, was illegal and very likely unconstitutional. How could a "Constitutional scholar" like Obama allow this to happen?:

"In a ruling handed down on Wednesday, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit said the warrantless telephone dragnet that secretly collected millions of Americans’ telephone records violated the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act and may well have been unconstitutional."

So Obama should have done something to end a program that was first established in 1971 continued under every president since, including almost certainly this one?

The Ninth? I thought they were anti-American leftists! I guess all the "proofs" of their devious behavior had be sent down a "memory hole" to fit the new narrative.

The subject is illegal spying on U.S. citizens under the Obama administration. Care to comment on the topic?

Yes they are still doing it, and Obama is no longer president.

Well, let's see. In the name of national security. This program started in the wake of 9/11 and if my admittedly hazy memory serves me, GWB was President (memba the Patriot Act?).
From The Hill article. So it continued? Are you surprised?...or is your righteous indignation reserved for just for Obama?
"The metadata collection program was created and approved by the secretive Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court after the passage of the Patriot Act in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks".

Obama had a history of spying. Sadly this is often overlooked when discussing his reputation and the weight given to his opinion in present matters.

I believe that Snowden did the right thing in revealing the abusive and illegal spying. Not a very popular position with people on the right. I also never had a kind word to say about presidents Bush or Clinton.

They were spying on us during Bush jr also.

• Love
Reactions: xyz

Actually it started way before that. Whistleblowers on it have come forward sporadically. Just type in Echelon in google.

How could a "Constitutional scholar" like Obama allow this to happen?

Obama is no Constitutional scholar for starters that's a myth fabricated by the liberal media. This speaks to your question, he was not a professor or even an associate professor because he's not qualified to hold that position. He was a lecturer. His class was rated subpar by students. The lazy bum never engaged with faculty, as soon as his lecture was finished he fled the campus. Even the job was obtained by means of political favor in the corrupt Chicago politics. The guy was was a hack lawyer at best. Never argued a major case. No legal career achievements of any kind. Never a partner at a firm in spite of a degree from Harvard Law.

So is it any surprise this hack had a blatant disregard for the law and Constitution? I think not.

I put quotes around "Constitutional scholar" as I share your opinion of Obama's qualifications.

My opinion of Obama is he's a blithering idiot lazy do nothing. Just wanted that to be clear on the internet.

So Obama should have done something to end a program that was first established in 1971 continued under every president since, including almost certainly this one.

I haven't found anything that speaks of massive collection of data and illegal spying on innocent Americans that began in the 70s or 80s. If you can provide me with a link to this kind of abuse prior to 9/11 I would be most grateful.

So Obama should have done something to end a program that was first established in 1971 continued under every president since, including almost certainly this one.

I haven't found anything that speaks of massive collection of data and illegal spying on innocent Americans that began in the 70s or 80s. If you can provide me with a link to this kind of abuse prior to 9/11 I would be most grateful.

I'm on my phone atm linking is cumbersome for me. You can do a simple google search on Echelon. Or wait a few hours and I'll provide it then.

The Ninth? I thought they were anti-American leftists! I guess all the "proofs" of their devious behavior had be sent down a "memory hole" to fit the new narrative.

You're not stupid because you're a communist, you're a communist because you're stupid.

{ The 9th Circuit is the largest circuit court, covering many of the West Coast states, including California, Hawaii, and Arizona. The court just received its 10th judge from the Trump administration, effectively changing the court’s liberal makeup into a more ideologically diverse lineup. }

Make California America again...
Even worse when they are American communists. Nothing dumber, especially the white leftist American women, which includes ALL liberal "men."

The subject is illegal spying on U.S. citizens under the Obama administration. Care to comment on the topic?

Yes they are still doing it, and Obama is no longer president.

If you read through the thread you will see that my response to that is: "Obama had a history of spying. Sadly this is often overlooked when discussing his reputation and the weight given to his opinion in present matters."

No he didn't. All there are is right wing conspiracy theories and accusations. No tangible proof. This program was started by passage of The Patriot Act after a national disaster. So maybe we need to look at ourselves. After all, we stood by while it was implemented and it continued.

No he didn't. All there are is right wing conspiracy theories and accusations. No tangible proof. This program was started by passage of The Patriot Act after a national disaster. So maybe we need to look at ourselves. After all, we stood by while it was implemented and it continued.

Stupid AND a liar? Wow, you've got it all! :thup:

Obama's DOJ admitted that they spied on journalists:

How is this a right wing conspiracy?

Actually it started way before that. Whistleblowers on it have come forward sporadically. Just type in Echelon in google.

Why do we care about an exercise bike?

Stupid AND a liar? Wow, you've got it all! :thup:

The only stupid (sheep) is you. As I've said, I've never seen a dumber group of voters than today's right wingers and Trump supporters. So, I scanned through your .pdf for the word Obama, spying, and even wiretapping. Neither of the latter terms comes up. But Obama's name comes up in Comey's emails and testimonies. Again, there is nothing tangible to indicated he ordered any spying...period. Just alt-right wet dreams. But I did find an interesting passage concerning that oath of loyalty Trump expected out of Comey when they discussed the FBI directors role. Turns out, Obama had a similar conversation Comey. Here's what Comey said Obama's response was.

"We returned to the topic of my job and in response to his question I explained how I had ended up with the position and that I had been pleasantly surprised that President Obama thought of the role the way I did. He wanted competence and independence and didn't want the FBI involved in policy. He wanted to be able to sleep at night knowing the FBI was well run".

Doesn't sound like a guy that had a penchant for spying does it?
I'll await any alt-right sources you have ready to quote...and laugh. :)

Obama's DOJ admitted that they spied on journalists:

How is this a right wing conspiracy?

Because I don't see the phrase "Obama ordered it"...anywhere. Your OP title was "How could a US President allow this to happen?" He didn't. The measure to enact the surveillance were already there. In fact, Obama kept the lines between the Executive and Judicial separate. I seem to remember Holder getting hauled in front of Congress to answer for this...and sorry, this doesn't rise to the level of surveillance that the Patriot Act enabled.

then snowden should be cleared and allowed to come back. whistleblowers are not supposed to be persecuted like this. at least the ones against trump were hailed as heros...

They used the drug war, Mafia war and espionage as as reason before 9/11

The act which passed by a 98-1 vote in the Senate, which you happened to omit.

how+convenient+church+lady.jpg

BARRAG o---worst president in AMERICAN history...biggest racist in this country

Forum List

Back