How Companies Ruin Unions.

Greed is the villian, not unions, not CEOs. Over the top greed no matter which side it originates hurts many parts of society and the economy.

The worst business decisions of all time.
The worst business decisions of all time - Bottom Line
I hope every union hating right wing reads this and recognizes they are not as intelligent as they like everyone to believe.
Do Unions need to make concessions during times of trouble for a company, hell yes.
But CEO's that ruin companies walk with their golden parachute and the workers get nothing.
Travesty in every way towards workers.

Here's an Idea....put the Union in charge of GM. From the top down, make everyone, Union, including, The Board, CEO, Executive Management.....100% Union. Maybe the Union can show us how it is done.

I hope every union hating right wing reads this and recognizes they are not as intelligent as they like everyone to believe.
Do Unions need to make concessions during times of trouble for a company, hell yes.
But CEO's that ruin companies walk with their golden parachute and the workers get nothing.

Here's an Idea....put the Union in charge of GM. From the top down, make everyone, Union, including, The Board, CEO, Executive Management.....100% Union. Maybe the Union can show us how it is done.

This is how it works. I, as a worker rely on the management team to do their job so the company makes money so I have a job. Management relys on me to show up everyday and do my job to the best of my ability, and with the respect due. The owner relys on everyone to do their part as well. The Union is supposed to keep this relationship in balance. Without the union there is no balance, which is what we have now. However, the greed of their leadership and apathy of the union membership, they have lost almost all of their credibility. This is not true of all unions, but appears to be the case with teachers and UAW. This really sucks too because it was a handfull of union people that ruined it for everyone else. So unions are necessary, they just need to evolve or die.

Unions bankrupted the entire US auto industry and turned Detroit into a hellhole

Ummmm.... okay.

Funny, I thought it was those executives making cars the world market didn't realy want.

No, Sparky, it's the unaffordable labor and pension costs that killed the industry. GM now owes more to their Marxist Labor Pension fund than they ever made in total profits since inception 100 years ago.

They'll be back in Chapter 11 during Romney's Administration and this time they can go bankrupt like everyone else and come out better for it

Then please explain to me why German Car companies give out even more generous benefits than the UAW to their unionized members, German unions have a say in the management of the companies.

No, what killed the US Car industry was not unionization. They were beaten by unionized Germans and Unionized Japanese. But those Japanese and Germans CEO's didn't take eight figure salaries and make big gas guzzlers because they have a higher profit margin.

I could make a case about how unions ruin companies. As a young guy I watched the "Grand Union" grocery company workers picket the company several times until it finally went under and no longer supported the community.

How right on this is but some do not see the reason behind the ruin of a company. They just love to blame the worker.

Ummmm.... okay.

Funny, I thought it was those executives making cars the world market didn't realy want.

No, Sparky, it's the unaffordable labor and pension costs that killed the industry. GM now owes more to their Marxist Labor Pension fund than they ever made in total profits since inception 100 years ago.

They'll be back in Chapter 11 during Romney's Administration and this time they can go bankrupt like everyone else and come out better for it

Then please explain to me why German Car companies give out even more generous benefits than the UAW to their unionized members, German unions have a say in the management of the companies.

No, what killed the US Car industry was not unionization. They were beaten by unionized Germans and Unionized Japanese. But those Japanese and Germans CEO's didn't take eight figure salaries and make big gas guzzlers because they have a higher profit margin.

It is quite evident that the article written has no affect upon someone like you. Those at the top have the ability to keep the companies abreast with modern technology and the latest designs to sell their product. If the product is made with inferior parts and the design is not what the public wants, they sell NO product. It is not the result of the workers, union or not, but you refuse to believe the concept so keep your head in the sand.:eusa_boohoo:

Unions bankrupted the entire US auto industry and turned Detroit into a hellhole

I can't call it a misunderstanding, it's more like a negative understanding. If you knew absolutely nothing you'd be less wrong.

Companies thrive by delivering quality products to their customers. They will try to deliver the most, not the least, product for the dollar.

What's killing the US auto industry, and what will drive GM back into Chapter, is a completely unsustainable cost and pension structure.

GM now has $5B more in debt than when they left bankruptcy, plus they have a pension obligation that they have no way of meeting.

So much for personal responsibility.

Gee Mr. CEO, why didn't you run this business better?

It wasn't my fault, blame the unions!

The next time GM Goes bankrupt the government should force every single UAW member to live in Detroit south of 8 Mile if they want to continue to collect their pension and salaries

Which is why so many SUCCESSFUL COMPANIES moved or opened new manufacturing plants in the SOUTHERN United States, which all had "right to work" laws...ie: Boeing in South Carolina which you effing democrats (Obama) tried like hell to block.

Forum List

Back