How common is it for atheists or agnostics to have a fondness for radical religious fundamentalism?

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
I am agnostic, except I have a strong desire for radical religious fundamentalists to take control of the country. If a cult of people that worship Zeus took over the country, as long I preferred their overall value system and came to the conclusion that they were doing more good than harm, I would have no problem pretending to believe in Zeus and praying to him in public.

Here is another example of what I am talking about. Imagine we scoured the Middle East and found the most ignorant, culturally backwards, inbred, goat-pounding hillbillies of the Islamic world and placed them in charge of our country. To some people, this may sound like a bad idea. However, worse things could happen. I would certainly prefer that scenario over the country being overrun with screaming liberal activists. On the other hand, I would also have to look at the bad aspects of such a scenario and take them into consideration. While I would have no qualms about taking a knee and pretending to "see the light" and swearing to Allah as my savior, I would not enjoy giving up pork and alcohol. I also would not like being compelled to pray constantly. Additionally, I have read about some practices associated with radical Islam that are disgusting. If only they could be reformed, I might actually like them.

Now, the radical religious right-wing fundamentalists in this country are a group that I genuinely like. For starters, they don't want to change the world or destroy Western Civilization. They want it to remain stable and many of them are fiscally conservative. Additionally, if I leave them alone, they tend to leave me alone. I don't care if they think the earth is 6,000 years old.

I am agnostic, except I have a strong desire for radical religious fundamentalists to take control of the country. If a cult of people that worship Zeus took over the country, as long I preferred their overall value system and came to the conclusion that they were doing more good than harm, I would have no problem pretending to believe in Zeus and praying to him in public.

Here is another example of what I am talking about. Imagine we scoured the Middle East and found the most ignorant, culturally backwards, inbred, goat-pounding hillbillies of the Islamic world and placed them in charge of our country. To some people, this may sound like a bad idea. However, worse things could happen. I would certainly prefer that scenario over the country being overrun with screaming liberal activists. On the other hand, I would also have to look at the bad aspects of such a scenario and take them into consideration. While I would have no qualms about taking a knee and pretending to "see the light" and swearing to Allah as my savior, I would not enjoy giving up pork and alcohol. I also would not like being compelled to pray constantly. Additionally, I have read about some practices associated with radical Islam that are disgusting. If only they could be reformed, I might actually like them.

Now, the radical religious right-wing fundamentalists in this country are a group that I genuinely like. For starters, they don't want to change the world or destroy Western Civilization. They want it to remain stable and many of them are fiscally conservative. Additionally, if I leave them alone, they tend to leave me alone. I don't care if they think the earth is 6,000 years old.

As opposed to the Jews,who really run things?

As opposed to the Jews,who really run things?

I have nothing against Judaism, except Jews tend to be too liberal.

The 1st Amendment covers you all the way. You have a 1st Amendment right to voice your "strong desire" for a religious based totalitarian state as long as you aren't planning the violent overthrow of the government and you have the right to align yourself with whatever religious faction a self defined agnostic might enjoy regardless of how weird it sounds. What a Country.

Forum List

Back