How can Trump be a "fascist" when he's not even a right-winger?

Questioner

Nov 26, 2019
Trump is centrist to center-left on the pollical spectrum at most.

*Appeals to disaffected "working class" sentiments

*Wants successful online businesses like Amazon penalized for supposedly causing the working class to "lose jobs"

Just to name a few

Sure to the "crazy" party, as in the radical left anarchists, Antifa, kooks like that - to whom 99.99% of the world, including the Daily Show by John Stuart is part of a "cis white male supremacist racist sexist homophobic Koch Brothers corporate conspiracy theory", he might be a fascist, but to pretty much any remotely well adjusted normal person, he's not even a right-winger, let alone a fascist.

Your premise is fair. Rump has no politics at all. I keep noting that.
Doesn't stop him from embracing the tenets of fascism where it will advance his cause of "ME ME ME" though.

*Appeals to disaffected "working class" sentiments

So did that Hilter guy. Made the trains run on time and shit.

It all comes down to a difference of motivation --- does one advance fascism because one believes in it ideologically, or does one advance fascism because it will gain one votes and ATTENTION from willing drones? Aye, there's the rub. Rump is an opportunist above all else, and we all knew that from the beginning.

It's the same as the racism thing. We don't know for a fact whether Rump is personally racist or not. We do know however that he will chant racist dog whistles for those who are, like the pied piper's flute. Again, it's all about what will benefit Numero Uno.

Your premise is fair. Rump has no politics at all. I keep noting that.
Doesn't stop him from embracing the tenets of fascism where it will advance his cause of "ME ME ME" though.

It all comes down to a difference of motivation --- does one advance fascism because one believes in it ideologically, or does one advance fascism because it will gain one votes and ATTENTION from willing drones? Aye, there's the rub. Rump is an opportunist above all else, and we all knew that from the beginning.
Trump made promises. Before the election. All he has to do is try to keep them to the best of ability in a hard town. Most of the politicians makes promises and do a little for the first few months after the election and move on to their pet agendas.

Forum List

Back