How can republicans possibly justify the continuation of oil subsidies yet ...

I suppose you think Mother Jones or the Daily Kos are better sources

But factor in the taxpayer funded military providing protection for the oil companies all over the world for decades and the oil industry would definitely come in tops. Oil is a precious resource that we need you might say. I say then don't use it for export like oil as well as coal industries do. Let Exxon hire their own mercenaries instead of freeloading off of the taxpayer.

Yes...we 'pay' the American companies that get it for us.

It's kinda like the left hand giving the right hand a dollar.

And..no..they aren't a "different' topic.

These wars were all about oil.

Afghanistan was about oil??? really ?

The oil companies pay the mid east countries for every barrel that they get from them. Saudi Arabia, Lybia, Kuwait, and most of the other mid east countries would not even have access to their oil if the american and british oil companies did not spend billions developing those oil fields.

Yes, the oil companies pay for the crude, ship it to refineries and spend more billions to make it into gasoline, fuel oil, and diesel. then they sell it to the consumers at an average taxable profit of around 8%------------how awful !!!!

Yes.

It was.

Check into a library.

As for the rest of your nonsense?

See above.

Read a book.

Read a book? Rushbo and fox news made that unnecessary.

Funny how all the libs left the thread after being totally defeated with facts, logic, and common sense.

Happens in every thread on every topic.

Liberalism is truly a mental disease.

liberalism is a mental disease and your grandma wouldn't have social security and medicare if it weren't for liberal policies. She'd probably be living with you.

What a load of Malarkey.

But factor in the taxpayer funded military providing protection for the oil companies all over the world for decades and the oil industry would definitely come in tops. Oil is a precious resource that we need you might say. I say then don't use it for export like oil as well as coal industries do. Let Exxon hire their own mercenaries instead of freeloading off of the taxpayer.

The whole purpose of a navy is to provide freedom of the seas, and that applies to all ships, not just oil tankers. Also, considering Venezuela is one of our major oil suppliers, where are our troops there?

And you want corporations to field their own military forces???

The whole purpose of a navy is to provide freedom of the seas, and that applies to all ships, not just oil tankers. Also, considering Venezuela is one of our major oil suppliers, where are our troops there?

And you want corporations to field their own military forces???

It's the same twisted mindset that think corporations have free access to the roads... they're idiots.

...we should discontinue unemployment benefits?

The economy lost severa millions of jobs. People can't look for jobs that don't exist. Are republicans too stupid to understand this?

So old question still exists: why would anyone want to be a republican?

It isn't whether, or not, one wants to be a Republican, it is whether, or not, one is more intelligent than a mushroom. Intelligence and Republicans just seem to go together.

If, the Great Messiah would take his foot off the oil brake, the oil/gas boom would rapidly lift this economy out of the dumps and begin generating good paying jobs. However, that would mean pissing off the environmentalists and most of the other left wing whackos that make up the core of the Democrat party.

Funny how all the libs left the thread after being totally defeated with facts, logic, and common sense.

liberalism is a mental disease and your grandma wouldn't have social security and medicare if it weren't for liberal policies. She'd probably be living with you.

My Mother lived with my sister for the last 10 years of her life and my Father lived with me and my wife for the last 3 years of his life. Do you have a problem with that?

So you wouldn't want grandma to live with you if she was destitute?

How beautifully liberal!

My Mother lived with my sister for the last 10 years of her life and my Father lived with me and my wife for the last 3 years of his life. Do you have a problem with that?

Yes, he's a lib. Taking care of aging parents is inconvenient for them.

The oil companies pay the mid east countries for every barrel that they get from them. Saudi Arabia, Lybia, Kuwait, and most of the other mid east countries would not even have access to their oil if the american and british oil companies did not spend billions developing those oil fields.

Yes, the oil companies pay for the crude, ship it to refineries and spend more billions to make it into gasoline, fuel oil, and diesel. then they sell it to the consumers at an average taxable profit of around 8%------------how awful !!!!

Yes.

It was.

Check into a library.

See above.

Read a book.

I found it in the library of liberal delusions, but not the library of actual facts.

What a load of Malarkey.

The oil supply is essential for commerce throughout the entire World. That is why the military is used to ensure the supply is not interrupted or a power mad dictator allowed to get control of the middle east. Gulf war I and II were fought by a coalition of countries that had an interest in averting a world wide depression.

On edit: Large multinational oil companies have been among the largest payers of corporate federal taxes for years. Exxon's (XOM) income tax amount was approximately the same in 2011 as it was in 2012 — $31 billion. Chevron has paid more than $10 billion a year in taxes in every year except one since 2005.

And that is just two of the US oil companies. Their taxes probably more than paid for the wars.

Last edited:

The economy lost severa millions of jobs. People can't look for jobs that don't exist. Are republicans too stupid to understand this?

They are fundamentally different things.

What you call "oil subsidies" is allowing businesses to deduct their operating expenses.

What you call "unemployment benefits" are taxes taken out of the hide of companies that create jobs.

What both positions we have in common is that they are both pro-job. What both positions you have in common is they both destroy jobs. That is why.

The Surprising Reason That Oil Subsidies Persist: Even Liberals Love Them - Forbes

Read and learn

Democrats like oil subsidies too

Why do you people post such non sense like Forbes and Fox News? It mentions two democrats for fossil fuel subsidies. Even if democrats like it, it is republican creation.

No its not a Republican creation. This goes back to the 1940's and 50's, when the dems wrote most of those laws. Starting with the oil depletion allowance.

Yes.

It was.

Check into a library.

See above.

Read a book.

translation = I can't refute any of your points so I wll post some meaningless drivel.

Our society would be much healthier if families took care of each other rather than depending on the government.

But, nowhere in this thread did anyone on the right say that social security and medicare were bad.

Now, you want bad law? try the ACA which was passed by dems only and is destroying our economy as we speak.

The Surprising Reason That Oil Subsidies Persist: Even Liberals Love Them - Forbes

Read and learn

Democrats like oil subsidies too

Why do you people post such non sense like Forbes and Fox News? It mentions two democrats for fossil fuel subsidies. Even if democrats like it, it is republican creation.

Don't ask a question seeking answers if you insist on keeping your head up your ass so you can ignore them.

Forum List

Back