How are Obama and the IRS getting away with a blatant coverup?

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon

To understand the latest outrage in the IRS scandal, mull over what might happen if regulators found significant evidence to implicate Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein in an insider trading scheme.

Let’s say Blankfein asserted his Fifth Amendment right not to answer any questions. Say Goldman was subpoenaed to provide all of Blankfein’s e-mails. Goldman replied that, instead of complying with the subpoena, it was itself reviewing the e-mails in question and was considering which ones to release.

Now imagine that, nearly a year later, Goldman admitted that it had not, in fact, reviewed the e-mails in question, because they had been lost in a computer crash two months before it claimed to be reviewing them. Imagine Goldman also said copies of the e-mails were lost, because while under subpoena it had destroyed the “backup tapes” (whatever those are) that held them and that it had also thrown away Blankfein’s actual hard drive.
The thing about dogs eating homework is, it could actually happen. This can’t.

This is “the dog ate my hard drive, broke into another building, ate the backup of the hard drive, then broke into six other top officials’ offices and ate their hard drives also.”

What we learned about the IRS this week is that there is an obvious criminal coverup that comes in addition to the possible underlying crimes. Prosecutions need to be brought against all of those involved.

How are Obama and the IRS getting away with a blatant coverup? | New York Post

interesting piece and quite accurate about if this was a private corporation. liberals would be screaming their heads off and calling....liar, liar pants on fire.....

the double standards of politics never ceases to amaze me.

To understand the latest outrage in the IRS scandal, mull over what might happen if regulators found significant evidence to implicate Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein in an insider trading scheme.

Let’s say Blankfein asserted his Fifth Amendment right not to answer any questions. Say Goldman was subpoenaed to provide all of Blankfein’s e-mails. Goldman replied that, instead of complying with the subpoena, it was itself reviewing the e-mails in question and was considering which ones to release.

Now imagine that, nearly a year later, Goldman admitted that it had not, in fact, reviewed the e-mails in question, because they had been lost in a computer crash two months before it claimed to be reviewing them. Imagine Goldman also said copies of the e-mails were lost, because while under subpoena it had destroyed the “backup tapes” (whatever those are) that held them and that it had also thrown away Blankfein’s actual hard drive.

This is “the dog ate my hard drive, broke into another building, ate the backup of the hard drive, then broke into six other top officials’ offices and ate their hard drives also.”

What we learned about the IRS this week is that there is an obvious criminal coverup that comes in addition to the possible underlying crimes. Prosecutions need to be brought against all of those involved.

interesting piece and quite accurate about if this was a private corporation. liberals would be screaming their heads off and calling....liar, liar pants on fire.....

Look at this breaking news. The shit is about to hit the fan now!

IRS Emails Backed Up by Outside Email Archiving Company : Freedom Outpost

sonasoft-IRS-tweet.png

Look at this breaking news. The shit is about to hit the fan now!

IRS Emails Backed Up by Outside Email Archiving Company : Freedom Outpost

sonasoft-IRS-tweet.png

They are neck deep in the shit now.

They're getting away with it for the same reason Obama was elected in the first place: a biased press that acts like a part of the political organization instead of an impartial Fourth Estate.

It's simple...Obabble is a negro...a shield in the liberal world.

supposedly, Sonasoft had the contract in 2005. If they had the contract during the "blantant" time period in question then where are THEIR records ?

or is this an ad for Sonasoft trying to ENHANCE their customer list ?

Dear Sonasoft

produce the emails or STFU. You had ? the contract and your job is to backup records. It's that simple.

They're getting away with it for the same reason Obama was elected in the first place: a biased press that acts like a part of the political organization instead of an impartial Fourth Estate.

The republicans are no better...

They pretend to be outraged by...everything...but they don't do a damned thing about it...

It's all theater and controlled opposition.

This country is finished.

They pretend to be outraged by...everything...but they don't do a damned thing about it...

Yeah I remember when congress subpenaed Rove's e-mails and got nothing but an excuse of them being lost from the white house and silence from his fellow war loving republicans. It does not matter who is in office, they are going to stonewall partisan political attacks disguised as congressional subpenas. Karl Rove invented giving congress the finger, thank that evil little gremlin.

Yeah I remember when congress subpenaed Rove's e-mails and got nothing but an excuse of them being lost from the white house and silence from his fellow war loving republicans. It does not matter who is in office, they are going to stonewall partisan political attacks disguised as congressional subpenas. Karl Rove invented giving congress the finger, thank that evil little gremlin.

I don't remember all that but either way it is no excuse for destroying evidence today.

Weaponizing the IRS to target enemies is the issue/problem here.

Time for a flat tax.
Abolish he IRS.

```````````````

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Millions of White House e-mails may be missing, White House spokeswoman Dana Perino acknowledged Friday.

"I wouldn't rule out that there were a potential 5 million e-mails lost," Perino told reporters.

The administration was already facing sharp questions about whether top presidential advisers including Karl Rove improperly used Republican National Committee e-mail that the White House said later disappeared.

The latest comments were a response to a new report from a liberal watchdog group, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), alleging that over a two-year period official White House e-mail traffic for hundreds of days has vanished -- in possible violation of the federal Presidential Records Act. (Watch CREW's comments on the missing messages Video)

"This story is really now a two-part issue," CREW's Melanie Sloan told CNN. "First there's the use of the RNC e-mail server that's inappropriate by White House officials and secondly we've also learned that there were between March of 2003 and October of 2005 apparently over 5 million e-mail that were not preserved and these are e-mail on the regular White House server."

Perino stressed there's no indication the e-mails were intentionally lost, but she was careful not to dispute the outside group's allegations. "I'm not taking issue with their conclusions at this point," Perino said. "We're checking into them. There are 1,700 people in the Executive Office of the President."

````````
ironic isn't it ? :eusa_whistle:

I don't remember all that but either way it is no excuse for destroying evidence today.

Time for a flat tax.
Abolish he IRS.

Of course you don't remember, makes all your outrage seem incredibly hypocritical.

```````````````

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Millions of White House e-mails may be missing, White House spokeswoman Dana Perino acknowledged Friday.

"I wouldn't rule out that there were a potential 5 million e-mails lost," Perino told reporters.

The administration was already facing sharp questions about whether top presidential advisers including Karl Rove improperly used Republican National Committee e-mail that the White House said later disappeared.

The latest comments were a response to a new report from a liberal watchdog group, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), alleging that over a two-year period official White House e-mail traffic for hundreds of days has vanished -- in possible violation of the federal Presidential Records Act. (Watch CREW's comments on the missing messages Video)

"This story is really now a two-part issue," CREW's Melanie Sloan told CNN. "First there's the use of the RNC e-mail server that's inappropriate by White House officials and secondly we've also learned that there were between March of 2003 and October of 2005 apparently over 5 million e-mail that were not preserved and these are e-mail on the regular White House server."

Perino stressed there's no indication the e-mails were intentionally lost, but she was careful not to dispute the outside group's allegations. "I'm not taking issue with their conclusions at this point," Perino said. "We're checking into them. There are 1,700 people in the Executive Office of the President."

````````
ironic isn't it ? :eusa_whistle:

Yes those e-mails probably contained evidence of election tampering and lying to get the Iraq war they always wanted, what the republicans are alleging now is small potatoes compared with that shit.

Time for a flat tax.
Abolish he IRS.

Of course you don't remember, makes all your outrage seem incredibly hypocritical.

Save your partisan hyperbole. It's meaningless to me.

I'm outraged at government corruption.

You see party before country.

That's the difference.

Until the media calls him out it wont happen.. He has the liberal media in his back pocket

silence of the libs

Because it's a big nothing just like Fast and Furious, Benghazi, and Bergdahl. Especially big nothings when compared to republican disasters. The failure to protect the country on 9-11, no WMD's Iraq war fiasco, and the biggest crash of an economy since the last republican depression in the 1930's. But if trying to make a mountain out of a molehill keeps you guys happy, go for it.

Last edited:

Time for a flat tax.
Abolish he IRS.

That's the difference.

You lie like a rug or else you would not dismiss it so easily. If you are only just now finding out the dubious means the Bush Whitehouse used to protect itself from partisan attacks by congress then I suggest you temper that outrage with the knowledge that it's the new normal in Washington. Evidence is now always going to be destroyed because precedent has been set, there is no lasting political fallout from refusing to cooperate with an openly partisan attack using the subpena power of congress.

That's the difference.

You lie like a rug or else you would not dismiss it so easily. If you are only just now finding out the dubious means the Bush Whitehouse used to protect itself from partisan attacks by congress then I suggest you temper that outrage with the knowledge that it's the new normal in Washington. Evidence is now always going to be destroyed because precedent has been set, there is no lasting political fallout from refusing to cooperate with an openly partisan attack using the subpena power of congress.

I'm against corruption in government...once again you run for the shelter of your "party" and how they are "better".

Party before country.

You need to try to see past that and realize you're a sucker and being played.

Forum List

Back