How about this?

deltex1

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2012
Near the Alamo
Congress approves strike.

Obama says to Assad..."you say you did not/will not use CW...ok I believe you. So let the UN come in and destroy/remove your stockpiles. Its obvious you dont need them. If you do that we will not bomb your country. If you do not agree then I cannot believe you...and I will strike to whatever extent it takes to defeat your forces or drive you to negotiations...whichever comes first."

This does not solve the civil war if Assad agrees...but it achieves Obama's purpose without bombing.

Worth a shot?

Obama says to Assad..."you say you did not/will not use CW...ok I believe you. So let the UN come in and destroy/remove your stockpiles. Its obvious you dont need them. If you do that we will not bomb your country. If you do not agree then I cannot believe you...and I will strike to whatever extent it takes to defeat your forces or drive you to negotiations...whichever comes first."

This does not solve the civil war if Assad agrees...but it achieves Obama's purpose without bombing.

Worth a shot?

If this really was about WMD it would definitely worth a shot.......but it's not. The "coalition with no name" wants Assad deposed.

Worth a shot?

If this really was about WMD it would definitely worth a shot.......but it's not. The "coalition with no name" wants Assad deposed.

Bbbbbut the President says...and congress is voting as if this is the ONLY issue....

Do not move the goal posts.

We are talking about missile strikes.

The training of the rebels is a whole different deal.

I like it. After the cruise missiles are used.

So you would hammer him and then suggest the deal to avoid further hammering?

Nope, hammer them, and tell them "you use gas again, we will hammer you again."

No deals.

first you say you like the deal, then you say no deals

more trolling by jake

the idea is good, but would never work because of russia and china

No deals.

Jake--Jake--Jake. It's not about the gas. You have to get beyond the idea that this is going to be a few missiles shot as punishment.

My grandmother never popped me once on the backside, she gave me 10 or 15 of them. One never did the trick with me. 100 cruise missiles won't solve Syria.

No deals.

first you say you like the deal, then you say no deals

more trolling by jake

the idea is good, but would never work because of russia and china

Other than being a pain in our ass...why would Russia and China not want Syria WMD free? Do they want Iran to have nukes? Everyone lies so much I really dont know....

Someone is not quoting what I said at all.

There is no deal, kid: Obama slams the bad guys, and that is that. They used gas again, he slams them again.

Anybody who wants Syria to have gas and Iran to have nukes is no friend of the USA.

Forum List

Back