How About Some One-hit Wonders? :)

Did anyone know that Bruce Willis made a song? :eek-52:

Yes, unfortunately.
lol.gif

Was it really a "hit," though?

Here's an old one! Someone else did a cover of this, but I can't for the life of me remember who it was!! Grrrr. The Bangles maybe?

Banarama IIRC

Here is the BuzzCocks lead singer's big hit

banned by the BBC because of alleged homo-erotic lyrics

great dance tune.

Here's an old one! Someone else did a cover of this, but I can't for the life of me remember who it was!! Grrrr. The Bangles maybe?

Banarama IIRC

Here is the BuzzCocks lead singer's big hit

banned by the BBC because of alleged homo-erotic lyrics

great dance tune.

Yes! Bananarama! Thank you!

yeah, bananarama. bimbos that sort of could sing. sort of like the spice twits. good legs, lousy vocals

I can't believe this was a one-hit wonder. What happened?

Mountain had many great tunes-calling them a one hit wonder is like calling the grateful dead a one hit wonder even though more people saw the GD live than any other musicians in history

Here is my favorite-lead vocals by the great bassist Felix Pappalardi and one of his other tunes that was written by his friend-the legendary Jack Bruce of CREAM

Mountain had many great tunes-calling them a one hit wonder is like calling the grateful dead a one hit wonder even though more people saw the GD live than any other musicians in history

Here is my favorite-lead vocals by the great bassist Felix Pappalardi and one of his other tunes that was written by his friend-the legendary Jack Bruce of CREAM

Well it's on the list for 70s one-hit wonders! :D I'm just the messenger.

Edit: Maybe it's just for that particular year, that was their only hit? It's possible I suppose.

Well it's on the list for 70s one-hit wonders! :D I'm just the messenger.

that term is deceiving because real one hit wonders are groups where only the most rabid fans can name a song other than the one known hit. Mountain was widely regarded as the USA version of CREAM and highly regarded by critics and sold out most anywhere they played. As I noted, like calling the Grateful Dead a "one hit wonder" because most of their fame came from live concerts and "bootlegged" tapes

Yes, unfortunately.
lol.gif

It's pretty bad if you ask me. :cheeky-smiley-018:

I agree. There's just not enough power behind his vocals.

It sounds like he's whispering into the mic. lol

Did you know that Eddie Murphy also made a song? Yikes! :confused-84: What was he thinking? A little full of himself with his success in the 80s perhaps?

This song is also on the Billboard one-hit wonders, but it was a duet with Elton John. I guess it was HER one hit, but I don't know if it's appropriate to include it since it certainly wasn't Elton John's only hit. My auntie loves this song. She also likes Barry Manilow though. :lol:

Oh well, there's two I've been wrong about now. I hope this one is right!

Love that one in Reservoir Dogs. :D

Yes, unfortunately.
lol.gif

It's pretty bad if you ask me. :cheeky-smiley-018:

I agree. There's just not enough power behind his vocals.

It sounds like he's whispering into the mic. lol

Did you know that Eddie Murphy also made a song? Yikes! :confused-84: What was he thinking? A little full of himself with his success in the 80s perhaps?

But... But, he wants to...

Paaaarrrty all the time...

Paaaarty all the time...

Party all the tiiiiiiiiiiii-iiiiime....

Isn't that what we all want?
lmfao.gif

Forum List

Back