Zone1 How about a "Favorite Forums" list?

monkrules

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2017
USMB has loads of different forums that cover many topics. Some forums seem relatively heavily moderated while other forums are more loose and fun to visit.

In addition, some forums have different rules. Some strict, some relaxed

Could the software be tweaked to allow users to keep an easy to use list of their favorite forums. Kind of like the Favorite Channels list on a TV set.

That way users could quickly visit "serious" forums, if that's what they enjoy.

The rest of us could quickly navigate to the "fun" stuff.

It would also help us avoid accidentally butting heads with some of the more uptight moderators. Sounds like a "win" for everyone.

USMB has loads of different forums that cover many topics. Some forums seem relatively heavily moderated while other forums are more loose and fun to visit.

Could the software be tweaked to allow users to keep an easy to use list of their favorite forums. Kind of like the Favorite Channels list on a TV set.

It would also help us avoid accidentally butting heads with some of the more uptight moderators. Sounds like a "win" for everyone.
monkrules, use your search. Also if you click on someone's including your own avatar square, you will get a popup that says "messages" on top and a number on the bottom. Click on the number, and you will bring up a page that tells you what you said or your friend said with links to where (in which forum) they left a message. Click on the message, and it will take you right to the page you want to see what you said or they said, depending on whose message you are reviewing. So your wish has already been met by a great planner at USMB. Hope that assists you in finding what you want to know a little bit faster than opening every forum in the world up. Although, when you're feeling down, click on "music" and listen to or add your favorite song on whichever kind of music is indicated by the titles on umpteen thousand threads over the last 15 or 20 years. :)

Just another great way to enjoy the USMB. Best wishes. :thup:

This place is going to be mass-banned soon. Yeah, you better get alternate sites ready to go. It won't be the first time, and it won't be the last.
Huh? We love the First Amendment very well here, FCN. Don't you know? It's the people, and all you have to do is be cool and answer their questions civilly but firmly. Everyone respects courtesy. And keep in mind, most of us are just Americans. Albeit, I swear there are a couple of Einsteins who both know the Constitution and are kind enough to share their knowledge and experience. It'd be a shame to see someone young and bright throw away this ace-in-the-hole place that is set up to be a learning experience, even if all you learn is that it pays to be kind to other people. When you learn that, you'll find that no one who conducts him or herself in a kindly way, rather than constantly revisiting bombastic row, is always welcome to post. And yes, at one time or another an issue will make someone hot under the collar, at which time it's up to you to figure out a way to deliver your message in a way that reflects only good will could be a heart you won over with polite persuasion. You'll get it sooner or later. ;)

Last edited:
monkrules, use your search. Also if you click on someone's including your own avatar square, you will get a popup that says "messages" on top and a number on the bottom. Click on the number, and you will bring up a page that tells you what you said or your friend said with links to where (in which forum) they left a message. Click on the message, and it will take you right to the page you want to see what you said or they said, depending on whose message you are reviewing. So your wish has already been met by a great planner at USMB. Hope that assists you in finding what you want to know a little bit faster than opening every forum in the world up. Although, when you're feeling down, click on "music" and listen to or add your favorite song on whichever kind of music is indicated by the titles on umpteen thousand threads over the last 15 or 20 years. :)

Just another great way to enjoy the USMB. Best wishes. :thup:
Hey, beautress,

Thanks for your response. I look forward to using the "music" options you described.

But the list option I'd like to see is not to find particular posts. What I would like to do is group the USMB forums I like together, so I can quickly jump to any of the forums I happen to enjoy.

That way we wouldn't have to scroll through a long, long list in order to reach The Flame Zone, for instance.

The List would also allow us to exclude any, or all, of the forums we DO NOT care to visit. In my case, that would include all of the Zone 1 forums.

It would just be an easy way for each USMB member to organize his own particular favorite forums. (And avoid possible problems that might be caused by entering certain "less casual" forums).

Last edited:
Let's see. It won't be the first, it won't be the last.

Jus saying to be prepared. Where you gonna go?
Do not bring up another site again, or you will fulfill your prophecy.
If you have any questions, or confused in what I just posted, please PM me, or any
mod to clarify just what I posted.

dang, I posted sites you definitely do not want to go to.

aight, we shall have words.

I won't ever mention.... wait, does google count?

Some forums allow you to subscribe to threads so you get a notification when posts happen. If it's not a feature here, cross admin's hand with silver to see if they can switch that feature on. Probably only a few clicks on a keyboard and a reboot.

that would be the worst friggin feature ever! I don't want to know! Fook no! Be up all night on the nights I'm not here, listening to my phone go beep beep beep....

I guess if you like it, i can turn the notifications off. So yeah, that's cool if you're into it.

Hey, beautress,

Thanks for your response. I look forward to using the "music" options you described.

But the list option I'd like to see is not to find particular posts. What I would like to do is group the USMB forums I like together, so I can quickly jump to any of the forums I happen to enjoy.

That way we wouldn't have to scroll through a long, long list in order to reach The Flame Zone, for instance.

The List would also allow us to exclude any, or all, of the forums we DO NOT care to visit. In my case, that would include all of the Zone 1 forums.

It would just be an easy way for each USMB member to organize his own particular favorite forums. (And avoid possible problems that might be caused by entering certain "less casual" forums).
Your very best bet is to call on coyote, Kat, and almost all other USMB moderators, to tell them what you'd like to see and why it would benefit us all. I can't exactly wrap my mind around your wishes, but they sound like a useful and unique app to help people organize what they want to do each day. It may be too expensive, though, I have no way of knowing what my computer genius son knows about professional programming. Good luck, monkrules.

dang, I posted sites you definitely do not want to go to.

aight, we shall have words.

I won't ever mention.... wait, does google count?
FCN, we have a rules list here that would have prevented you from posting another forum or sales outfit had you read it. I'm glad they gave you a second chance, because I like you and hope you stay. Just sayin'.

FCN, we have a rules list here that would have prevented you from posting another forum or sales outfit had you read it. I'm glad they gave you a second chance, because I like you and hope you stay. Just sayin'.
Thank you beautress! Most peeps hate me, so that was refreshing. I appreciate that! :)

And you're correct. I didn't know the rules, but I didn't mean any harm.

Forum List

Back