How About a Congressional Commission on the George Floyd Riots?

Um, sorry missed that one.

YOu mean the guy who got drunk, started groping the flight attendants, and got into a physical fight with another, and endangered everyone on that plane? that guy?

ahhh gotcha, you used to ignore that argument from those who wondered why you cared about a druggy counterfeiter who put the MN police force in danger by resisting arrest and then after the media made it a race issue brought even more endangerment to the police force and officers all over the country.
The premise of this OP, the media liability in the fall of civility in this country.

Why?

What would you be looking to find?
root cause and funding of the massive political violence that has taken place since nov 2016, as well as see if there is a need for legislation

root cause and funding of the massive political violence that has taken place since nov 2016, as well as see if there is a need for legislation
Funding?

What funding would you be looking for?

Protests are legal and are not riots

They didn't just shoot them for fun. They did so because there was a viable threat. Your BOLD and Caps Lock are stuck.

I've seen footage of police body slamming 14 year old girls wear bikinis. But I didn't see any threat there, just a kid asking why the birthday party was being attacked by police.

George Floyd certainly wasn't a threat.

The caretaker lying on the ground with his hands in the air wasn't a threat, nor was the mentally challenged man he was trying to protect.

Armando Castillo wasn't a threat.

The list is endless. We've seen the films of what police say constitutes a "threat"

You're even dumber than you seem. What the Commission will be looking at is why the police responded so violently towards the peaceful protests and the protestors, basically causing a LOT of the violence as the protestors sought to defend themselves from police attacks.

This has been a pattern with police departments in regard to leftist protests factor workers first marched against the dangerous conditions in the factories, and the deaths of workers. Protestors on the left are always portrayed by police as "dangerous" and to be attacked. Police unleashed vicious dogs on civil rights marchers in the 1960's.

Arrest statistics showed that the violence and gun violence was instigated by right wing agitators and ancharchy groups looking to discredit the protests. That there was very little violence outside of the right wing terrorist groups who hoped to turn the American public against the protestors.

The root cause is the violence being visited upon the black communities by police departments around the country. 1000 people are shot by police every year. 1500 people died in police custody in 2020. A disproportionate number of them black people. THAT's the root cause.

At the same time, Republicans are closing polling stations in over 1200 "urban" voting districts, and moving the remaining stations outside of areas serviced by public transit, and then making it illegal to hire a bus to take elderly people to the polls.

By all means, let's talk about the root causes, and let's talk about the police response to these protests, and let's talk about the right wing groups who police allowed to attack the protestors with impunity. Kyle Rittenhouse didn't even have his gun taken away by police that night. They didn't even question him after he shot 3 people with his illegal gun.

I've seen footage of police body slamming 14 year old girls wear bikinis. But I didn't see any threat there, just a kid asking why the birthday party was being attacked by police.

George Floyd certainly wasn't a threat.

The caretaker lying on the ground with his hands in the air wasn't a threat, nor was the mentally challenged man he was trying to protect.

Armando Castillo wasn't a threat.

The list is endless. We've seen the films of what police say constitutes a "threat"

You're even dumber than you seem. What the Commission will be looking at is why the police responded so violently towards the peaceful protests and the protestors, basically causing a LOT of the violence as the protestors sought to defend themselves from police attacks.

This has been a pattern with police departments in regard to leftist protests factor workers first marched against the dangerous conditions in the factories, and the deaths of workers. Protestors on the left are always portrayed by police as "dangerous" and to be attacked. Police unleashed vicious dogs on civil rights marchers in the 1960's.

Arrest statistics showed that the violence and gun violence was instigated by right wing agitators and ancharchy groups looking to discredit the protests. That there was very little violence outside of the right wing terrorist groups who hoped to turn the American public against the protestors.

The root cause is the violence being visited upon the black communities by police departments around the country. 1000 people are shot by police every year. 1500 people died in police custody in 2020. A disproportionate number of them black people. THAT's the root cause.

At the same time, Republicans are closing polling stations in over 1200 "urban" voting districts, and moving the remaining stations outside of areas serviced by public transit, and then making it illegal to hire a bus to take elderly people to the polls.

By all means, let's talk about the root causes, and let's talk about the police response to these protests, and let's talk about the right wing groups who police allowed to attack the protestors with impunity. Kyle Rittenhouse didn't even have his gun taken away by police that night. They didn't even question him after he shot 3 people with his illegal gun.

They knew Rittenhouse was there to help. The rioters were the ones there looking to hurt people.

The problem with what Chauvin did to Floyd goes far beyond not trying CPR. It was the whole "Kneeling on his neck for nine minutes why a crowd cried out in terror" that was the problem.

BS. Did you even watch Chauvins knee? Did you watch his hip? Did you not see Chauvin releasing the pressure on his knee several times during that 9 minutes?
Did you not see Chauvin allow to raise his right shoulder? If you have that much pressure on someones neck, they're not going to be able to even turn their heads. Much less raise their shoulder that much.
For fucks sakes, there were no bruises on the back of Floyds neck. 9 minutes, with pressure enough to cut off the blood flow to the brain, is going to cause bruising. There was not even any microscopic bruising.
So just stop.
The whole trial was just to keep riots from breaking out. Innocent people from being killed. Business from being burned. Police stations from being taken over.
What part of this whole charade do you progressives not get?
For fucks sakes, the deaths and destruction of these deranged groups (antifa/blm) have already injured thousands of people. They've already killed a lot of cops and civilians. They took over portland police station for Pete's sakes.

BS. Did you even watch Chauvins knee? Did you watch his hip? Did you not see Chauvin releasing the pressure on his knee several times during that 9 minutes?
Did you not see Chauvin allow to raise his right shoulder? If you have that much pressure on someones neck, they're not going to be able to even turn their heads. Much less raise their shoulder that much.
For fucks sakes, there were no bruises on the back of Floyds neck. 9 minutes, with pressure enough to cut off the blood flow to the brain, is going to cause bruising. There was not even any microscopic bruising.
So just stop.
The whole trial was just to keep riots from breaking out. Innocent people from being killed. Business from being burned. Police stations from being taken over.
For fucks sakes, the deaths and destruction of these deranged groups (antifa/blm) have already injured thousands of people. They've already killed a lot of cops and civilians. They took over portland police station for Pete's sakes.
the BLM protests were about systemic racism. George Floyd was only the tip of the iceberg.

the most recent example:

It's a horrible idea.

All an investigation would do is give Black Lying Morons more of the attention they crave.

The best thing to do is starve them of media attention. Do that and BLM will shrivel up and die like a starving cockroach.

Last edited:
ahhh gotcha, you used to ignore that argument from those who wondered why you cared about a druggy counterfeiter who put the MN police force in danger by resisting arrest and then after the media made it a race issue brought even more endangerment to the police force and officers all over the country.
The premise of this OP, the media liability in the fall of civility in this country.

Here's how you can tell the difference.

The people on the plane were not begging the Flight Attendants to stop. This crazed lunatic was putting them all in danger. Also.. the guy didn't die.

Now, if he HAD died, the airline and the flight attendants probably would be in a lot of trouble. As it was, they were suspended for a couple of days until the incident was reviewed.

Floyd, on the other hand, wasn't putting anyone in danger when they put a knee to his neck for nine minutes.

So just stop.
Really, that's not what I saw at all. I saw a smug little bastard sit there with a blank look on his face as he squeezed the life out of a man. That's what I and the rest of the country saw.

Maybe Floyd doesn't bruise easily... or maybe he was dead before bruises could form... it really doesn't matter. People saw what they saw and they were outraged.

Okay, if that's what you need to tell yourself.

Um, yeah, they did a lot of property damage. As for number of cops killed, very few. In fact, less cops were killed in the line of duty in 2020 than in 2019.

Here's how you can tell the difference.

The people on the plane were not begging the Flight Attendants to stop. This crazed lunatic was putting them all in danger. Also.. the guy didn't die.

Now, if he HAD died, the airline and the flight attendants probably would be in a lot of trouble. As it was, they were suspended for a couple of days until the incident was reviewed.

Floyd, on the other hand, wasn't putting anyone in danger when they put a knee to his neck for nine minutes.
Your excuse never addressed the hypocracy and thus you lose your scam narrative.
Both are equally squirmish worthy, both perps acted badly, but one was politicized and weaponized and the other made sick people giddy and hence the OP is seeking equal treatment and airplane dude also not getting equal outrage, inadvertantly exposed something wrong in the incitement of the riots.

Your excuse never addressed the hypocracy and thus you lose your scam narrative.
Both are equally squirmish worthy, both perps acted badly, but one was politicized and weaponized and the other made sick people giddy and hence the OP is seeking equal treatment and airplane dude inadvertantly exposed something wrong in the incitement of the riots.

I think post- 9/11, there is no sympathy for people who act up during airline flights.

Also- the guy didn't die. He was peacefully arrested when the plane landed.

Hypocrisy would have been all circumstances being the same, except the guy was white, and no one got upset.

This guy was peacefully restrained and taken into custody. If that had been done with Floyd, we'd have never heard about it.

The only reason why we hear about this guy was it was ON AN AIRPLANE, which is kind of a big deal.

Really, that's not what I saw at all. I saw a smug little bastard sit there with a blank look on his face as he squeezed the life out of a man. That's what I and the rest of the country saw.

You watched, but you didn't see. Those little details, like his knee rising, are by far the most important thing to overlook. That is IF you're trying to spread a false narrative.
Maybe Floyd doesn't bruise easily... or maybe he was dead before bruises could form... it really doesn't matter. People saw what they saw and they were outraged.

Bruises can form after death. Maybe maybe maybe. With the amount of pressure it took to cut off the blood and/or oxygen, there would've been bruising.
Okay, if that's what you need to tell yourself.

What? The facts? Of course I tell myself those.
Maybe there's something you don't know. When this happened. I was one of those "anti-cop pricks." I had been on a bad cop benge for many years. And still am, for the most part. Because there are too many bad cops in this country. My motto about this is "I back the good blue (ONLY)"
When Floyd was killed, I immediately thought that it was murder. And that Chauvin killed Floyd. But once I noticed his hips and knee releasing the pressure on Floyds neck, there was no denying what really happened. And there was no lying to myself about it. So I filed into the "cop was right" file.
There are many plenty of those in that file. As well as many in the bad cop file.
Um, yeah, they did a lot of property damage. As for number of cops killed, very few. In fact, less cops were killed in the line of duty in 2020 than in 2019.

And how many of those killed by cops were armed with some sort of weapon? Almost all of them. <<<That is important.
The Washington Post has created a database of every known deadly police shooting in America since 2015. As of this writing, 6,211 people have been shot and killed by law enforcement officers. 46% of them—2,883 to be exact—were white, while 24% (1,496 total) were black.

Just 6% were unarmed.

You're dismissing the real dangers that black thugs put themselves in. Like challenging cops while armed. Committing crime after crime. Creating hundreds of thousands of innocent victims. When you start focusing on the victims, moreso than the thugs who create innocent victims, suddenly the lives of the thugs don't matter near as much. Especially when you think about the fact that black lives don't matter to BLM, when a black thug kills another black thug, like Floyd.
The thugs that rioted, looted, killed innocent people and caused all that destruction, while using Floyd as a justification, aren't worth the life of one good cop.
Getting rid of one violent thug like Floyd, probably help save 20+ people from becoming victims.

Now, I support victims over thugs. If a thug gets killed by his own or by a cop, I could care less. Because that thug can no longer murder, rape, pillage, pass dangerous drugs to children, turn children into thugs, and a whole slew of other bad things they do.

Both are equally squirmish worthy, both perps acted badly, but one was politicized and weaponized and the other made sick people giddy and hence the OP is seeking equal treatment and airplane dude also not getting equal outrage, inadvertantly exposed something wrong in the incitement of the riots.

Imagine the guy being black, and claiming he couldn't breathe after being taped up.

the BLM protests were about systemic racism. George Floyd was only the tip of the iceberg.

the most recent example:

• When officers realized their mistake they immediately uncuffed the group but Thorne says he estimates the three were in cuffs for about 20 minutes
So the cops were called to the scene, not knowing what was going on in the house. Was the people inside the house legit? Or were they kidnappers? Where they squatters? What were they? The cops didn't know before getting there.
You can't just take a criminals word for anything, until you find out they're not an actual criminal.
Scenario: Cops show up. The real estate agents shouts out the window, "I'm a real estate agent, just showing the house." Cops all leave. 5 minutes later, the 15 yr old is sodomized and tortured for hours until he finally dies. A few days later, a couple is being shown the house when they find the dead body.
Now the cops who just took the thugs word for it, are in bad trouble. Not to mention the mental anguish that'll set in from knowing they could've saved a 15 yr old, had they just did 20 minutes of investigating.

Hind sight is 20/20. Some look at actions like this as a disregard to civil rights. Others look at it as the LEO's protecting people and property. Which is what they're paid to do. Had it been your house, you'd thank the cops. If you're black and a showing a house, you file a complaint. But the actions of the LEO's have to be the same in all circumstances.

So just stop.
So you saw this and his whole legal team missed it...

How fucking stupid do you think people are?

I am all for congressional hearings:

Lets answer some of the basic questions:
  • Police Training and discipline
  • US Housing polices
  • Electoral fairness Urban v Rural
  • Where did the guns that appeared on the streets come from?

Loads of good investigation avenues..

Forum List

Back