Houston Mayor issues Mandatory evac notice

You got something against the mayor? He's going to release reservoirs. It's going to re-flood. Get it now?

what an ass......too dangerous to issue before... yeah thats it...now thats its under water it should be so much easier.
Houston mayor issues new mandatory evacuation | Daily Mail Online

About 50 deaths so far from Harvey. In the last evacuation, there were about 100 evacuation related deaths before the hurricane even made landfall. It's a rough and traumatic time for everybody, and it's tempting to Monday morning quarterback to find someone to blame for the massive loss of lives and property, but the choice to not evacuate before Harvey hit was the right choice.

You got something against the mayor? He's going to release reservoirs. It's going to re-flood. Get it now?
Gee cities have hot spots they are aware of.....New Orleans lower 9th......CBD.......easily could have issued a limited evac order before when the danger was just traffic. get it now,,,,,,

Gee cities have hot spots they are aware of.....New Orleans lower 9th......CBD.......easily could have issued a limited evac order before when the danger was just traffic. get it now,,,,,,

Those who live in flood prone areas did evac on their own because they knew it was going to flood their area.
It's all the areas that have never flooded that are the problem.

Those who live in flood prone areas did evac on their own because they knew it was going to flood their area.
From what I've read West Houston quals as flood prone

Only parts of it.
My old neighborhood had never flooded.
Lived there in 85 and have a buddy who still lives there and he got water in his home.

Normally the reservoirs do a great job even during hurricanes and most of the flooding is from storm surge.

The reservoirs cover forty square miles and contain no water during normal times. The dams reach a height of thirty six feet in places....and they are now topped off and then some.
That gives you an idea of just how much rain we've received.

Now they have no choice but to drain the reservoirs as fast as possible or risk a possible breach which of course causes more flooding downstream.

Only parts of it.
Lived there in 85 and have a buddy who still lives there and he got water in his home.

Normally the reservoirs do a great job even during hurricanes and most of the flooding is from storm surge.

The reservoirs cover forty square miles and contain no water during normal times. The dams reach a height of thirty six feet in places....and they are now topped off and then some.

Now they have no choice but to drain the reservoirs as fast as possible or risk a possible breach which of course causes more flooding downstream.
Flood-prone west Houston preps for Harvey
and named in op article

Only parts of it.

and named in op article

There are pockets in west Houston that flood but the majority of it doesnt.
I've lived in the area for around fifty years and have a pretty good grasp on how flood prone it is.
In fact I grew up in Bear Creek and the house I lived in had never flooded...until now.

If you have never lived in this area, it's very hard to understand much less criticize...
Learned nothing from Katrina.......wonderful

Katrina was a piss ant compared to Harvey.
Had it hit Houston the reservoirs would have easily handled the rain fall.
Exactly.........thanks

So whats to learn from a storm that was nothing compared to Harvey?
Thats like saying you learned enough about boxing fighting a twelve year old and you're ready to take on Tyson in his prime.

If you have never lived in this area, it's very hard to understand much less criticize...
Learned nothing from Katrina.......wonderful

Katrina was a piss ant compared to Harvey.
Had it hit Houston the reservoirs would have easily handled the rain fall.
Exactly.........thanks

So whats to learn from a storm that was nothing compared to Harvey?
Thats like saying you learned enough about boxing fighting a twelve year old and you're ready to take on Tyson in his prime.
Whats to learn ........??????.....Your example is piss poor......larger storm more potential for damage and death.....lets sit and watch......ooooops.......

Only parts of it.

and named in op article

I was born and raised in Houston, lived there 50+ years, no one knows what's going to happen with these storms...

Rita caused the largest traffic jam in history when 5 million plus tried to evacuate because of the fear of what happened in New Orleans from Katrina, today I-10 West and I-45 North are converted to all lanes north in anticipation of storms like this, just because of Rita, it took me 12+ hours to get to Austin, usually a 2 to 3 hour drive...

Tropical Storm Allison flooded areas that had never been flooded...

Channel 13 has good intentions I am sure, but they are guessing at best...

Stop the criticizing and just pray for the people who have been devastated by this storm, enough already...

Only parts of it.

and named in op article

I was born and raised in Houston, lived there 50+ years, no one knows what's going to happen with these storms...

Rita caused the largest traffic jam in history when 5 million plus tried to evacuate because of the fear of what happened in New Orleans from Katrina, today I-10 West and I-45 North are converted to all lanes north in anticipation of storms like this, just because of Rita, it took me 12+ hours to get to Austin, usually a 2 to 3 hour drive...

Tropical Storm Allison flooded areas that had never been flooded...

Channel 13 has good intentions I am sure, but they are guessing at best...

Stop the criticizing and just pray for the people who have been devastated by this storm, enough already...
Yeah lets not learn anything ......that others learned the hard way.......lets not benefit from past mistakes..........

Forum List

Back