House votes to revoke IRS funding for 87,000 new agents.

This is sad but true. Our country would be so much better if people would break the shackles of party attachment and vote for a person not influenced by lobbyists.
We did that with Trump, and you see the reaction from that... They conducted a long coup on him that is finally being unraveled right before everyone's eye's, but many are still living in denial.

Articles unread, I deny them

Not that I am surprised. Those four sources represent countless Phd's, successful businessmen and women, and decades of experience in public policy, especially in the area of public finance. One name stands out, Erskine Bowles, who gave me my first job after my MBA.

But lets run with your "encourage and promote capitalism". Do you really think that is happening now? Our tax code, our political system, does not encourage capitalism, it encourages rent-seeking. Maybe you might like this a little better.

It seems clear to me, and it should to any objective person, that there has been a loss of social mobility and innovation within the American system over the last fifty years. Economic growth as stagnated for decades now, and we are nothing like we were in the 1950's, or even the 1960's. Hell, we are still struggling to even get back to the moon.

It is to the point now that the current generation in power, the Millennials, are less likely to be better off than the previous generation, a first in American history. And life expectancies, well now they are trending down. No way anyone can call that a success.

Your proposals are merely more of the same. Flat taxes, a tax on consumption, a balanced budget, are all just the continuation of policies first initiated with the Reagan administration. In fact, they are more "regressive" than even Reagan could support. For instance, the whole unearned verses earned income thing, Reagan believed all income should be taxed the same. Today, he would be ran out of the Republican party.

So, while I agree that we need to make some changes, where we disagree is the direction those changes should go. You want a less progressive tax system, I want a more progressive tax system, and at the state level, a progressive system period. You want a system that creates winners and losers, as explained in the linked article from the Libertarian site that you probably won't read either. I want a level playing field, a system that punishes, not rewards, rent-seeking. A system that encourages and nurtures innovation, not one that results in a mis-allocation of resources and a barrier to economic growth.

And here is the thing. We got here because we have made the tax system less progressive, not more progressive. It is the definition of insanity, to repeat the same mistakes and expect different results. Yet that is precisely what you are proposing.

Attention.....Attention All Dead From The Neck Up MAGA MAGGOTS....there was never any play to hire 87,000 IRS Agents. That piece Reich Wing Propaganda was brought to by the same people who thought Traitor Card (that do not exist) with NFT (which are NOT real).

Just like the stupid as shit and absolutely unnecessary "Born Alive Act", every State and every Territory in the United States have laws against murder you dumb fuck Cons.
Dear retard. You’re lying. And we all know it.

Yeah. We get it. The figure was an estimate (although from the IRS) and it includes additional support staff, too.

But your libtard dishonest propaganda would have us believe that the significant majority of new hires would be other than new agents and officers. Fuck off.

You’re such a pathetic hack fraud.

I want to pay the same taxes these guys do!

images

images

REALLY dude ? They pay taxes, otherwise they aren't any different than Trump on that issue, and we see how he's being attacked on his taxes. If anything they need to audit the three above if they see it fit to audit Trump for no reason. Fair play is fair play.

images

Great.

Bill Gates has paid about ten billion in taxes over his career.
Jeff Bezos paid 1.4 billion between 2006 and 2018. Warren Buffet is the miser, he only paid 23.7 million in taxes between 2012 and 2018. Hell, just pay what Buffet paid, as if you could, LOL.

Forum List

Back