House votes to abolish federal income tax and reel in the IRS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resnic

Diamond Member
May 2, 2021

They will vote to get rid of the federal income tax and bring the IRS to heel and replace it with consumption tax.

Consumption tax is the way to go. We won't pay federal income tax anymore. So that means if you buy a car you pay 5000 dollars on taxes but you aren't paying other taxes. It also means if a rich person wants to buy something they have to pay consumption tax for it, there is no burying it in their business or whatnot, someone has to pay that tax on that car or house. It's like how Florida does things where you don't pay state tax, you just pay a bit more in taxes on things you actually buy.

Yes we would pay more on sales tax when buying something but you also get more money in your check because income tax isn't coming out. If you get in a jam then you trim down frivolous spending till you're out of it because you're getting more in your pay check.

It also helps millions of people every year that get screwed by the IRS with federal income tax they file for.

I know just because the house votes doesn't mean it's going to happen. But it's a good first step.

Although democrats probably won't let it through. They want more taxes, not less. Although consumption tax will be more taxes, but more through the rich and they are part of the rich. They want us to pay more, not them.

Last edited:

They will vote to get rid of the federal income tax and bring the IRS to heel and replace it with consumption tax.

Consumption tax is the way to go. We won't pay federal income tax anymore. So that means if you buy a car you pay 5000 dollars on taxes but you aren't paying other taxes. It also means if a rich person wants to buy something they have to pay consumption tax for it, there is no burying it in their business or whatnot, someone has to pay that tax on that car or house. It's like how Florida does things where you don't pay state tax, you just pay a bit more in taxes on things you actually buy.

Yes we would pay more on sales tax when buying something but you also get more money in your check because income tax isn't coming out. If you get in a jam then you trim down frivolous spending till you're out of it because you're getting more in your pay check.

It also helps millions of people every year that get screwed by the IRS with federal income tax they file for.

I know just because the house votes doesn't mean it's going to happen. But it's a good first step.

Although democrats probably won't let it through. They want more taxes, not less. Although consumption tax will be more taxes, but more through the rich and they are part of the rich. They want us to pay more, not them.
That's the way Costa Rica does it. 14% iva. Buy a Ferrari ? PAY
Buy a backoe for work . Done differently
Pretty heavy hit on a normally cheap truck, bike or welding machine but hey...comes out in the wash

So in other words, we're still paying taxes, just on other shit.

Woo hoo.
This is how they operate

In fact, those that know their history, and I'm sure that is like 0.000000000000000001% of the population thanks to state controlled education, the Federal Income tax was declared unconstitutional by SCOTUS

In 1895, the U.S. Supreme Court decided Pollock v. Farmers Loan Trust Co., striking down the federal income tax of 1894.

So what did Progressives do? You guessed it, they simply added it to the Constitution in the year 1913.

Easy Peasy.

But it was not that easy at first. At first they needed more support to add the income tax to the Constitution, so they teamed up with those who wanted Prohibition. For you see, at that time the US Federal government was largely funded by alcohol sales, that was pretty much it. So what Progressive did was tell those who wanted Prohibition that if they would support a US Federal Income tax they would help ban alochol. However, first they needed to pass the Federal Income tax. So they agreed and voted for both. However, once the passed Prohibition, there was no real interest in making it work as lawmakers would buy alcohol from bootleggers in the very chambers of Congress from which they banned all alcohol.

So they let Prohibition fail for a few years before convincing everyone to repeal it

Then, guess what, once alcohol was made legal again they resumed the Federal tax on it so they essentially doubled their tax revenue.

This is the type of devious monsters you are dealing with here.

Still the problem is what about people on fixed income and low income. This will raise the price of goods and services if they had to pay additional charges. State and local sales taxes. Now it will also include federal sales taxes. Yeah it would simplify things but will it products and services cost more.

So people who live pay check to pay check , this would seem to me to be creating a huge problem for them if prices were to increase in order to pay federal government taxes. Under the current system they pay no or minimal taxes.

This is how they operate

In fact, those that know their history, and I'm sure that is like 0.000000000000000001% of the population thanks to state controlled education, the Federal Income tax was declared unconstitutional by SCOTUS

In 1895, the U.S. Supreme Court decided Pollock v. Farmers Loan Trust Co., striking down the federal income tax of 1894.

So what did Progressives do? You guessed it, they simply added it to the Constitution in the year 1913.

Easy Peasy.

But it was not that easy at first. At first they needed more support to add the income tax to the Constitution, so they teamed up with those who wanted Prohibition. For you see, at that time the US Federal government was largely funded by alcohol sales, that was pretty much it. So what Progressive did was tell those who wanted Prohibition that if they would support a US Federal Income tax they would help ban alochol. However, first they needed to pass the Federal Income tax. So they agreed and voted for both. However, once the passed Prohibition, there was no real interest in making it work as lawmakers would buy alcohol from bootleggers in the very chambers of Congress from which they banned all alcohol.

So they let Prohibition fail for a few years before convincing everyone to repeal it

Then, guess what, once alcohol was made legal again they resumed the Federal tax on it so they essentially doubled their tax revenue.

This is the type of devious monsters you are dealing with here.

I'm not happy I have to pay exorbitant taxes PERIOD. I get that it's necessary, but then I see my money being used for stupid shit, and I end up getting pissed. So seeing that I have a chance of paying out the ass for things I want to enjoy, doesn't sit well with me, it pisses me off.

Every consumption tax idea I have ever seen has a poison pill that exempts the poor from paying the tax

To me the idea is unworkable

Still the problem is what about people on fixed income and low income. This will raise the price of goods and services if they had to pay additional charges. State and local sales taxes. Now it will also include federal sales taxes. Yeah it would simplify things but will it products and services cost more.

So people who live pay check to pay check , this would seem to me to be creating a huge problem for them if prices were to increase in order to pay federal government taxes. Under the current system they pay no or minimal taxes.
Its a problem that plagues the consumption tax advocates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back