House to vote on Consumption Tax and abolish the IRS

And let the show begin!.... marching bands... circus clowns... come one come all and watch the show!!

This has about as much chance as getting anywhere as a vote to cut their own salaries.
It might get 100 votes overall.

Didn't you hear?

McCarthy is changing the name to:

"The Unites States House of Representatives and Performance Art Association"

And let the show begin!.... marching bands... circus clowns... come one come all and watch the show!!

This has about as much chance as getting anywhere as a vote to cut their own salaries.

The consumption tax is interesting to me. I don't know how it works exactly but it could be a more fair way to tax.

I know. I can name a bunch more, but I'm working ATM. I'd suggest the Spooky Guys outfit for sure, if I wanted a JFK style haircut.
Also military cuts by closing around half of our bases around the globe, withdrawing from global welfare programs like NATO, and stop handing out "aid" willy nilly, unless said nation can demonstrate a benefit to the American taxpayer.

Also military cuts by closing around half of our bases around the globe, withdrawing from global welfare programs like NATO, and stop handing out "aid" willy nilly, unless said nation can demonstrate a benefit to the American taxpayer.
You mean like gender studies in Pakistan? How about hand outs to the Kennedy Center? Anything that is not DIRECTLY necessary to the operation of the government should be cut.

It is fair because there are no loopholes and almost no way to cheat, things the left always accuse the rich of, using loopholes and cheating. This should be the holy grail for the left. Everyone will pay their fair share.
Here is the text of the alleged FAIR TAX

The text of the proposed legislation does not do what is alleged it will do, e.g., we are led to believe it will end all taxes calculated from gains, profits, and other incomes. It will not. We are led to believe the miseries we now suffer under income taxation will end. They won’t. In the end, if the proposed legislation is adopted, not only will an across-the-board national tax on consumption be put into effect, but taxes calculated from various “incomes” will still be available to Congress and, our entire nation’s population will be put on the public dole creating a new entitlement which will be used as a leverage during election time.

I think it is a mistake to not study the legislation and determine what it will, and will not do, prior to giving it our support.

Aside from that I support the Fair Share Balance Budget Amendment which would, in fact, abolish all federal taxes calculated from lawfully earned profits, gains, wages, etc. and end the miseries suffered under the evil tax on incomes while forcing Congress to return to taxing consumption as its main method to raise a federal revenue.

JWK

See: House Republicans to vote on bill abolishing IRS, eliminating income tax

"As a former small business owner, I understand the unnecessary burden our failing income tax system has on Americans. The Fair Tax Act eliminates the tax code, replaces the income tax with a sales tax, and abolishes the abusive Internal Revenue Service. If enacted, this will invigorate the American taxpayer and help more Americans achieve the American Dream," Rep. Jeff Duncan, R-S.C., said."

First of all, and with regard to the selling point that the Fair Tax “… abolishes the abusive Internal Revenue Service …”, in its place Duncan’s proposal creates two new tax collecting agencies, an “Excise Tax Bureau” and the “Sales Tax Bureau", in addition to keeping the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms alive which will also be collecting taxes.

Also, the alleged “Fair Tax”, if adopted, does not abolish federal taxes calculated from various types of “incomes” as suggested. Congress will still maintain the power to lay and collect “excise taxes” calculated from profits and gains, such as the Corporate Excise tax of 1909. So, right from the beginning, Rep. Duncan is suggesting something that is not true. The same IRS abuses now suffered under income taxation will continue under the fraudulent and deceptive Fair Tax, carried out under its “Excise Tax Bureau”.

And if you think businesses and individuals subject to the Fair Tax are free from filling out annual tax returns, the shocking truth is, they will have to start filling out and filing Fair Tax returns, under the penalty of perjury, every month ___ that’s twelve frickin times a year! Additionally, even ordinary working people, who sell the property each has in their own labor, and work odd jobs, such as baby sitting, handyman jobs etc., to meet today’s high cost of living, not only will they have to file Fair Tax returns twelve times a year, but will have to register with the federal government to exercise their inalienable right to sell their labor.

If the above is not enough to make one recoil from the notoriously evil and deceptive Fair Tax proposal, the Fair Tax would also create another entitlement called the “family consumption allowance”, which is a monthly government check sent to every household in America which allows the purchase of a rationed supply of tax-free necessities of life, and puts our entire population on the public dole!

If Rep. Duncan has one ounce of honesty in him, he would reject the alleged Fait Tax and promote the Fair Share Balance Budget Amendment which actually would abolish all federal taxes calculated from lawfully earned profits, gains, wages, etc. and end the miseries suffered under the evil tax on incomes.

JWK

When Federal Reserve Notes were made a legal tender in violation of our Constitution, and a direct un-apportioned tax was imposed upon the people without their consent, America’s free enterprise, free market system was subjugated, and the tools of oppression were made available to some very immoral and nefariously evil people.
Can you not read?
It literally says this is about income tax only.
It isn't about excise tax or any other tax except income tax.

:rolleyes:

This, coupled with proper spending would be a game changer. Gone would be all the studies on why fags want to kill themselves and what drives people to shit in pelosi's driveway.

It's too good to be true. Literally.

Can you not read?
It literally says this is about income tax only.
It isn't about excise tax or any other tax except income tax.

:rolleyes:
SEC. 302. ADMINISTRATION OF OTHER FEDERAL TAXES.
(a) In General.—Section 7801 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (relating to the authority of the Department of the Treasury) is amended by adding at the end the following:

“(d) Excise Tax Bureau.—There shall be in the Department of the Treasury an Excise Tax Bureau to administer those excise taxes not administered by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

tenor.gif

Farm subsidies, and interstate travel and bridges subsidies as well. Minimal FEMA or storm aid. Much less if any Corps of Engineers work. Military spending to a third or quarter of now. AS you say, everything is doable with enough will.

How are we going to achieve these massive spending cuts you speak of if you and those like you refuse to vote for someone willing to cut spending?
You present a false premise. I don't refuse to vote for people willing to cut spending. Try again from a perspective of non-ignorance.

Like that's gonna pass the Senate.
facepalm.gif

A national consumption tax would result in a big tax cut for the rich and a tax increase for the middle class. Republicans take care of the rich and powerful.

Forum List

Back