Hotel Bosses Are Finally Getting It: People Don't Want To Work For Them Anymore

Workers finally have the opportunity to leave those horrible jobs with horrible pay and working conditions and they are leaving those jobs in droves.
What is the new opportunity that workers suddenly have?

Hell, $200 a night and you can't pay the help a decent wage? I bought a trailer to go traveling in, hotels are not worth the money anymore.
Gas is at $5 a gal in the west...These days Hotels are competitive with traveling in an RV...in an RV you also still need a place to sleep and nice safe RV sites are upwards to $75 a night with hookups....

The years of low pay, nearly no benefits and what they did get were lousy benefits, long hours, no appreciation for their job and knowing that the employer will drop them quick for a cheaper worker has finally caught up to the hotel industry. As it is with a lot of industries in America.

What people don't realize that employers who create working conditions like that harm not just the employee and business but it harms the nation. Standards lower, service is not as good and the list goes on and on.

Workers finally have the opportunity to leave those horrible jobs with horrible pay and working conditions and they are leaving those jobs in droves.

You can't treat people as if you can use them up then throw them away with people putting up with it endlessly.

Hopefully employers are finally waking up to the fact that employees are people and need to be treated with respect and dignity.

Great argument for closing Biden's open border....

I just picked a random city. Memphis. 3 star on Hotwire, $65.

Gotta be careful with the star ratings....a Wyndham Garden Inn is not 3*.

I stayed in a Hilton Homewood suites the other night. $87 a night. It was a weekend so it makes sense it was cheaper.

The years of low pay, nearly no benefits and what they did get were lousy benefits, long hours, no appreciation for their job and knowing that the employer will drop them quick for a cheaper worker has finally caught up to the hotel industry. As it is with a lot of industries in America.

What people don't realize that employers who create working conditions like that harm not just the employee and business but it harms the nation. Standards lower, service is not as good and the list goes on and on.

You can't treat people as if you can use them up then throw them away with people putting up with it endlessly.

Hopefully employers are finally waking up to the fact that employees are people and need to be treated with respect and dignity.

That's why God made Mexicans.

Gotta be careful with the star ratings....a Wyndham Garden Inn is not 3*.

I stayed in a Hilton Homewood suites the other night. $87 a night. It was a weekend so it makes sense it was cheaper.

Sure but I've never got a bad room using Hotwire. Always pick 3 star and up. If you use it enough you can even generally figure out what hotel it is up front.

Gas is at $5 a gal in the west...These days Hotels are competitive with traveling in an RV...in an RV you also still need a place to sleep and nice safe RV sites are upwards to $75 a night with hookups....
I'll take my chances with my RV, I don't need full hook ups every night.

Use something like Hotwire. I've always had good results with them. 4 star in Los Angeles is showing $82. 3.5 star $69.

What I have found, is by the time you find a decent place, in a decent part of any given town, and pay the added on fees and taxes, you're usually looking at around $180.00-$200.00.
I just spent the last couple of months on a business trip all over the west coast, and regardless what town, it was the same thing.

Anyone stay at pretty much any hotel/motel lately? I've been in a lot of them this year, and just to get an average room, you're likely to be out around $200.00 a night. Fucking ridiculous.

I've stayed in several. One was $149 a night. Another was $129, which was a real coup because it was during Biketoberfest in Daytona. Last weekend I stayed at the Embassy Suites in St. Augustine Beach, but I had a gift certificate I'd won in a charity auction last year (I bid $180 on it. The room, a two room, two balcony suite, is normally around $569 a night).

I'm planning a trip to Colorado Springs. On Travelocity, the vast majority of hotels are under $150 a night...

In this context, I want to see employers forced to raise wages and improve conditions.

I'm an employer.

Pray tell, how would you go about forcing me to raise wages and improve conditions?

I pay my people well and conditions are far above the norm, but pretend they weren't How would you force me to do anything?

Forum List

Back